Tenacity in Secrets and Shadows Event

Is it even possible to stun Sidious in the secrets and shadows event? My Daka has 107% potency and has failed to land a single stun on Sid with tenacity down after several attempts. In the first 2 tiers of the event I couldn't stun DN once with Daka or Ventress and he also had tenacity down.

Replies

• seems like he is immune to stun
  • He's straight up immune.
  • Wow... super lame. This is even worse than preloading event toon TM. As if his absurdly high damage aoe attack wasn't too much already.
  • there are some vids doing it with g8 phoenix but NS is far far better
  • A guildmate managed to complete it with G8 Phoenix and GXI Asajj in place of Chopper/Sabine... Took some of their best mods to do it, though.

Use your best mods, utilize Kanan's Offense Down and Zeb's Stagger special against Sidious. Also be mindful of using the Celerity event power. If everyone on your team survives the first AoE, you're probably good, otherwise, may as well restart and save yourself the trouble.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    stagger is key. You'll need some RNG for it to line-up right, but if that happens it's doable with mostly g8 phoenix (my only g11 is ezra, the others are g8). I don't use kanan. I use hera's special on sabine when sid eventually does his AoE and load the rest up with extra prot from the abilities. Sabine dies, but revives. After that it's smooth sailing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • i think hera expose, zeb/sabine stagger and kanan offense down are the keys
  • i used G8 hera, kanan, zeb and G10 sabine and ezra, decent speed mods, just make sure you have offense down from kanan on and try to chain stagger. i lost hera to his second aoe attack, but was able to beat the rest without her. Also nihilus will start with his annihilate on the last round so make sure you protect ezra and sabine with taunts.you can use kanan ability or the event ability for taunts. i use kanan for first annihilate and zeb for second.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    big_bad wrote: »
    Wow... super lame. This is even worse than preloading event toon TM. As if his absurdly high damage aoe attack wasn't too much already.

Event bosses are often immune to stun and similar effects that would shut them down completely, just like raid bosses.
  • I’m fortunate to have a zeta Assaj lead so Sidious didn’t get a turn, but I’m tempted to take the 30 miniutes it would take to write down damage numbers.....I bet he has 250k plus protection....on top of Raid boss immunities.
  • It would be plain dumb to have a 1v5 where the 1 could be perma stunned. He's a boss, immune to stun. The event isn't that hard. Put revive on chopper, use offense down with kanan, stack protection on hera. Use hera's expose to wear sid down, and use zebs stagger to reset his tm.
  • Dirty_Litle_Smuggler
    933 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I was having a hard time keeping stagger chained on Sid until I swapped out Zeb's potency mods for speed (got him up to ~175). That seemed to work a lot better. You just have to have the RNG lines up right, use offense down with Kanaan, apply celerity to get your speed up, then stagger chain. I think Sid only got one turn, which may or may not be survivable based on RNG.
    I have all G8 phoenix, BTW. Chopper is odd man out.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    If you think that's bogus, what do you think of a stun carrying over until the next round? My kanan got dookued stunned end of round 3, still stunned at the beginning of round 4-no chance to apply defense down, AoE kills 3 phoenix. Guess it all comes down to RNG

That makes no sense. You can't move on to the next round until you kill every enemy, so there's no way for Dooku to be alive in round three and then you move on to round four and he's still there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF sorry, to clarify Dooku stunned Kanan, I killed Dooku with Zeb I believe (Dooku was the last toon left for round 3)...round 4 loads up, Kanan is still stunned, I stagger Sid with Sabine etc. but before Kanan can get unstunned and his turn in (he's super slow), Sid gets the AoE off killing 3 out of 5 phoenix...anyway I was kind of shocked (pun intended) to see the stun carry over into the next round

That must be a bug... Bad luck :(
  • They jacked up the bonus tier. Will my G9 Hera and Ezra, G8 everyone else, no zetas on anyone, mediocre 5* mods won't pass anymore?!!