Need a little newbie help here

Replies

• Actually, in the game, I did a search for the CMG Army, as someone here suggested. The game took me to Order 4209, which I assumed was CMG with a different name or something. I now realize that the lame azz search engine could not find CMG and so gave me it's "best suggestion" instead. To show how lame the search engine is, Once I was a member of Order 4209 I did a search for it- and could not find it!

I have just discovered something called the Guild Exchange, which I am hoping is some kind of trading post or something. I was just starting to think how Cool it would be if I could exchange characters, ships, and materials with other players. But I am not sure if that is what this is and I have been in here 30 minutes or so and still cannot figure out what is going on.... :neutral:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Once you have been in a guild for 24 hours you can request an item of salvage a day. People in your guild can choose to donate these to you.

Salvage is the bits that are crafted into gear.

The search engine is bad. Always non a guild through the guild and recruitment forum on this website. It is usual to get the leaders a ally code add him as an ally then he can invite you to join the guild.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yeah, you can't exchange characters or ships, just gear pieces. And not all gear pieces for..... reasons? If you are looking at a gear piece you need on one of your characters, and it's requestable, there is a button to request it. Then your guild mates can give you 2 or 5 or 10 of them depending on what it is.
  • Yeah, I need some MK7 Blastech Weapon Mods, and some MK4 Loronar Power Cells, among other things. But clicking on them does not bring up a "request button", only tells me where to find them in either the store or various fight menus...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    amaze122 wrote: »
    Yeah, I need some MK7 Blastech Weapon Mods, and some MK4 Loronar Power Cells, among other things. But clicking on them does not bring up a "request button", only tells me where to find them in either the store or various fight menus...

The "request" button is right above the "find" button on the gear screen.
  • The only thing above my find button is a thumbnail of the character next to the word "shards"
  • Oh, wait, you mean That find button! I found it; thanks!
  • Weird, looks as though it is only letting me request items I already have a lot of...
  • Which character stat is more relevant, "power", or how many stars a character has?
  • amaze122 wrote: »
    Which character stat is more relevant, "power", or how many stars a character has?

at early stage of game, power represents the strength of character quite well.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I have to say I'm really enjoying this thread. It's fun watching someone new (and polite/thankful) learn the ropes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I have only been doing squad arena battles for two days. My rank started at 90,000, now it is 808!
  • TVF this type of game is a whole new experience for me! I can almost not contain myself, having to wait Days for my first Raid! :neutral: I think I am going to head on over to YouTube so I can at least See what one is like...
  • I needed an MK-I triangular green Ability Material, the one that Every character seems to need in order to upgrade. I won three. But when I went to the character screen, they had been spread out amongst other characters that I had no intention of using them on right now, and so I Still needed one, for my Red Guard character. Is there any way that I can take from characters who have pieces that I need that have not been applied to them yet but are just sitting there in their gear detail screen, and apply those units to characters that I want to upgrade now?
    I needed an MK-I triangular green Ability Material, the one that Every character seems to need in order to upgrade. I won three. But when I went to the character screen, they had been spread out amongst other characters that I had no intention of using them on right now, and so I Still needed one, for my Red Guard character. Is there any way that I can take from characters who have pieces that I need that have not been applied to them yet but are just sitting there in their gear detail screen, and apply those units to characters that I want to upgrade now?

It doesn't auto equip gear. You can't unequal but it never auto equips.
    I have only been doing squad arena battles for two days. My rank started at 90,000, now it is 808!

Impossible. Each shard (squad arena group) is 20,000 people. You will never be in competition with more than that.
  • Sorry it was probably more like 9000. It Has been two days, and when I started, it certainly Seemed like 90,000! I thought that I would Never whittle my way up to a decent number. Definitely, 808 is a Lot better than what I had!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Sorry it was probably more like 9000. It Has been two days, and when I started, it certainly Seemed like 90,000! I thought that I would Never whittle my way up to a decent number. Definitely, 808 is a Lot better than what I had!

That makes more sense.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Not sure what you mean about auto equipping though. I am speaking of the way that the game allocates materials that are available to the characters that need them. It is not equipping the characters with the materials, but it Is placing the materials inside of the gear detail screens of the characters that It picks.

What I am saying is that I want to be the one to pick whose gear detail screens those materials are placed in.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Not sure what you mean about auto equipping though. I am speaking of the way that the game allocates materials that are available to the characters that need them. It is not equipping the characters with the materials, but it Is placing the materials inside of the gear detail screens of the characters that It picks.

What I am saying is that I want to be the one to pick whose gear detail screens those materials are placed in.

If your character needs the gear it's available to be equipped on every character that needs it.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Oh wait a minute...I just did another fight and won 2 MK-I's and...they were made available to my character. I could have sworn...So I guess you were right; never mind!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Oh wait a minute...I just did another fight and won 2 MK-I's and...they were made available to my character. I could have sworn...So I guess you were right; never mind!

No worries. Live and learn.
  • Okay, I have done some more research, here is the scoop. I just did a challenge and won 6 MK-I's. I only needed 3 in order to upgrade the attack abilities of my Genosian Soldier, Power level 574, level 39, Gear level II, 1*.

Not one of those Mk's was allocated to him, but everyone else got what they needed made available!

I would like to evolve this character because he has enormous potential; I know because I have "borrowed" his character as a hero many times. But at this rate, he is doomed to sit on the sidelines forever, while my bigger characters, with 3*, and power levels of up to 1492 and gear levels of 4 - 6 get all the stuff.
    OI would like to evolve this character because he has enormous potential.

He doesn't though.

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I just wrote the below post on another thread here. Given the title of this particular thread it might be of interest to somebody. If not then please ignore.

This game is really big and really complicated and not always fun lol.

Takes time to get to grips. To say the least. Takes time to get into the rhythm and the idea of prioritising.

I'm not an expert, far from it. But watch the video I posted above

(edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRZ016XV4k)

- I wish I'd have seen that in the first month of playing. Would have saved me a lot of time and wasted resources.

- Farm a Rebel team for the Arena - Wedge (Lead), Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Boba, Lando. - You got 3 good scoundrels (Han, Boba, Lando) for the credit heists there too. Excellent.

- Get into an active guild. Don't worry about knowing what the heck you're doing. Just join and try to follow along or even better, ask questions and how you can help and grow.

- Learn about mods. They are super-complicated. Let me make it easier - speed is pretty much everything. Speed, speed, speed. If your team is quicker than the other team you will have the first chance to defeat them. If they are faster then they will have the first chance to defeat you.

- Farm a Phoenix squad to get Thrawn.

- Farm an Empire squad to get R2.

- Once you have R2 farm an Old School Rebel team of Old Ben, R2, Stormtrooper Han, Farmboy Luke and Leia to get Commander Luke Skywalker.

In the meantime always have an eye on what's changing in the game, it's dynamic and it pays to listen to what the old hands are thinking and planning for. Get chatting with them. Largely, it seems most of the experienced players are more than happy to help out newer players. There doesn't seem to be many egos in the game (as there shouldn't be - the big dogs are only there because they've been playing the longest or spent the most). Get chatting, ask questions - so many cool folk will be glad to help.

Be single-minded. Farming is a long, boring slog. It's meant to be. It's meant to be so long and boring that you get frustrated with it and decide to throw money at it to sped it along. That's why the game exists. But stick with it. Farm and farm and farm and then one day you start realising, wow, I'm actually doing pretty well here.I've actually got a few solid squads from a few different factions. Then it starts to become worthwhile. You'll get there. Just put the work and the hours in my friend.

There may be some that disagree with some or all of the above. So be it.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Okay, I have done some more research, here is the scoop. I just did a challenge and won 6 MK-I's. I only needed 3 in order to upgrade the attack abilities of my Genosian Soldier, Power level 574, level 39, Gear level II, 1*.

Not one of those Mk's was allocated to him, but everyone else got what they needed made available!

You are the only person that uses ability mats. You decide where they are allocated. The computer does not do it for you.
    I would like to evolve this character because he has enormous potential; I know because I have "borrowed" his character as a hero many times. But at this rate, he is doomed to sit on the sidelines forever, while my bigger characters, with 3*, and power levels of up to 1492 and gear levels of 4 - 6 get all the stuff.

First off anyone you borrow is from a bigger player. If you borrow a player from a level 85 who has him a gear xii he will look amazing even if he is crap compared to other level 85 gear xii characters..

Secondly Geonosian soldier is not a good character.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    CoastalJames you are right this is as complex as the old Mafia Wars game used to be, on Zynga (FaceBook).

Thanks for the input, always welcome. I know there is a strategy that one could follow for maximum long-range effect, but at the same time some of these characters I would just like to have fun with, before I dump them for the characters that I Should be choosing, in order to achieve total domination in this game.

Sometimes, fun has to come first.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    And yes @amaze122 I totally get you wanting fun rather than...domination :smiley: but pretty soon you realise it's not much fun achieving little when others around you are achieving loads.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Okay, I have done some more research, here is the scoop. I just did a challenge and won 6 MK-I's. I only needed 3 in order to upgrade the attack abilities of my Genosian Soldier, Power level 574, level 39, Gear level II, 1*.

There is no such thing as the game allocating ability materials. It just doesn't happen. If you have the required materials, the only reason you wouldn't be able to equip them on the character of your choice is if that character isn't a high enough level or gear level for the ability you want to upgrade.

It would help if you could post pictures of what you're talking about so we can better determine where the disconnect is.
  • https://hydra314.github.io/SWGOH_ranking_table/ranking_tables/rankingtable.html

Here's a rundown on all characters ranked in 5 ranks. The ones on the left are generally considered to be most versatile and good. As you move from left to right, the characters have less versatility and usefulness in later-on game.

But like you said, fun is important
    IMO all characters are fun. Here are some characters I love.

Asajj Ventress. She is fun because her damage keeps increasing whenever any ally or enemy dies when Asajj is alive. When used with Nightsister Zombie, who revives infinitely, Asajj's damage increases forever. Especially fun in AAT Tank raid

Boba Fett. He is easily my favorite. He flies and shoots rifle & rocket which is kind of a unique thing in this game. And he revives! Plus he ignores taunts when he has Bounty Hunter's Resolve buff on him. Easily my favorite. Plus his Slave I is an awesome ship in this game. Lookin forward to the release of Jango Fett.

Darth Nihilus. He looks so cool. His 3rd ability simply kills an enemy no matter what. Instantly. The only problem is this ability starts on cooldown of 8. But his AOE(Area of effect. Attack-all ability) helps to remove the cooldown quick.

Darth Maul. His basic can go forever, if he keep killing enemy with one shot. I love playing easy battles with maul. He just uses basic on and on and on. His turn never ends.

Jyn Erso. She has a fun set of abilities. 2nd abiltity, which is an AOE, gives a turn to ally. 3rd ability remove all turnmeter from one enemy and she gains that turnmeter. She becomes very fun to play especially in Rancor raid.

Kylo Ren. Fun thing about him is he can use special abilities on every turn. When he takes damage, all his cooldowns are reset. (Or probably 50% chance to reset, can't remember). And his 3rd ability does massive damage or stun. (Stun when his health is 100%, 75% more damage when under 100% health.) Plus when you give zeta ability mat set to his 3rd ability, he gains as much protection as the damage whenever he uses the 3rd ability. So basically he gets to use his 3rd ability on and on with full protection.

Imperial Probe Droid. A self-destructive bomb. When his health goes below 100%, he gets to use his 3rd ability, doing 99999 damage and killing himself too.

R2-D2. It's R2. How can I not like it. Besides, he does stun on basic, has smokescreen to hide allies, and a burning ability to do damage of 15% of enemy health on every turn (of enemy's). & minimize their evasion chance.

Besides, all characters can be fun. I agree Geonosian Soldier is very fun. Especially in a squad of 4 Geonosians. If we could have 5 Geonosian Soldiers in one squad, that would be very hilarious. Everyone calls assist and all of their damage output will be buffed thanks to the synergy between each others. Cheers!
  • Liath I do not think it will let me send pictures from my hard drive, only from url's; correct me if I am wrong.

To that end though, remember I posted the stats of my character I am having trouble upgrading; "Genosian Soldier, Power level 574, level 39, Gear level II, 1*. It has been Hours, by the way, since my post, and the game is Still bypassing my Genosian Soldier, and allocating the MK-I's that I win to other characters...