Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I sincerely hope that the devs add 25% bonus crystals to the inbox of anyone who purchased a vault since Dec 24. There has been so much frustration over this deal, mostly because some of us waited to see a vault in a popup, that we missed out on the omega packs. I’m hoping EA follows through on its original ad.
  • Options
    Hi to all,

I would like to ask questin about prices of extra content. For example there is special pop up action for 19.99 USD for 3 500 crystals. In currency of Czech Republic it cost 599 CZK, which is almost 30 USD after conversion. This seems pretty discriminate for me if all players play the same online game. Did anyone else from other countries find out the same issue? Thanks for reply.
  • Options
    It's a known thing. International transactions have fees all over the place to do with currency exchanges and other stuff.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    So is the bonus only on the 2800 crystal pack ? Rereading the post, it seems that way.
  • Options
    Decay wrote: »
    So is the bonus only on the 2800 crystal pack ? Rereading the post, it seems that way.

It was originally for the vault (biggest pack) but after a few days they changed the wording (calling it a 'typo')
  • Options
    So no vault? That is not good
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Thanks for explanation.

Still I'm quite angry about this, for us 20 USD is much more than for US people and for us it cost 30 USD. But I guess there is nothing I can do about it. Maybe one thing - stop paying for this game or quit completely.
  • Options
    Any one else think, EA missed a trick? Got £100 vouchers for christmas, would of spent them on the game if everyday they would have done there 25% more, shame it was only 1 purchase, spent on other things. Lets hope they do an Janurary Sale. just my 2 bits
  • Options
    I bought the 8.99 boba pack. Got a message of crystals but no shards or crystals. I feel rarther upset to get something I didn’t buy.
  • Options
    Didn't want to post in the pack mega thread because I feel like, while related, this is a separate issue. Personally I wanted the boba pack to be able to do tier 4 of the credit heist. I didn't get it, got t3 only... And then didn't think there would be a double event so didn't dump everything into scoundrels.

Second event popped up, stuck on it... And got the boba pack and completed tier 4....

So I lost out on the t4 rewards from the first credit heist.

What did you guys miss?
  • Options
    Hello all,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We have been working through the complaints of people who did not receive the crystal or Boba Fett offers and those should have appeared by now, but we will be reviewing all the tickets that have been submitted to our support team.

We have also identified a bug which can occur if a player’s account is in a certain state, which will allow them to duplicate purchase a pack that is supposed to have a maximum purchase of 1. Please do not attempt to purchase multiple times. If you have already done this, please contact EA support at help.ea.com and they will help resolve your issue.

For those of you that contacted support prior to today, please reach out again. They have been made aware of this issue and will accommodate.

We have a team working through the holiday but we appreciate your patience as we gather the info needed to resolve the issue and it may take a little longer than normal.

-Carrie
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    Not sure how long you've been playing, but I finished top tier credit heist without 7* boba. Of course I had spent time on other scoundrels, so they were pretty good anyway.
  • Options
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    Not sure how long you've been playing, but I finished top tier credit heist without 7* boba. Of course I had spent time on other scoundrels, so they were pretty good anyway.

I haven't been playing long and had to do it with STHan, vet han/chewie, clone wars chewie, and boba.

They were 6*,3*,3*,5*, and 5* respectively when I completed it... Taking boba from 4* to 5* and the extra resources made all the difference in the world. Went from barely making it to phase 3 to finishing 3/3 with most of my team still alive.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I filed my EA complaint with no resolution.

Additionally i filed the BBB complaint with the Oakland bearu for resolution. ( on a side note if you havent looked at your bbb ratings you should, they are horrendous) EA has been very shady about this entire deal. Just as a reminder you took time away from peoples holiday for a promotion you changed the wording on, and waiting for a pop up that never came. Probably good to work out the bugs before impacting Christmas, just sayin'.

Having us do more work filing complaints is also a little annoying. There is only one party whose fault this is not and it is your customers.
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie Is CG going to give us the 25% discount on a vault as promised? The nonsense about it being a typo is insulting. Please do the right thing.
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We have been working through the complaints of people who did not receive the crystal or Boba Fett offers and those should have appeared by now, but we will be reviewing all the tickets that have been submitted to our support team.

We have also identified a bug which can occur if a player’s account is in a certain state, which will allow them to duplicate purchase a pack that is supposed to have a maximum purchase of 1. Please do not attempt to purchase multiple times. If you have already done this, please contact EA support at help.ea.com and they will help resolve your issue.

For those of you that contacted support prior to today, please reach out again. They have been made aware of this issue and will accommodate.

We have a team working through the holiday but we appreciate your patience as we gather the info needed to resolve the issue and it may take a little longer than normal.

-Carrie

• Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hello all,

-Carrie

Hi @CG_Carrie , thank you for your answer. I appreciate it is Xmas and EA / CG management may be away, but please do bring this up to them when they return as the offer clearly advertized it would give 25% extra on a vault purchase and not on a smaller crystal bundle...
    Thanks and Happy New Year!
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    The one time I got the pop ups, they appeared on top of each other. As I was buying the Boba, the other one came up. It wouldn't let me do both at once, so I got a cheap pack I didn't really need and was never able to get the one I actually wanted. Never saw it again. Lame. Should've just been in the store until bought or expired.
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie I would also like buy the vault with the 25% extra. Refuse to buy anything less.
  • Options
    Talk about making needless work. Just put the deal(s) in the store. Why this is all rooted through CS is absurd and a waste of resources. You offered a sale, just ... offer it. Why make this so complicated?
  • Options
    And I'm sorry, but there better be a hell of a mea culpa for this. All the people who were excited going into Christmas for the extra crystals and stuff for R2, CLS, credit heist, etc and then were left frustrated and unhappy, on this holiday of all holidays... Just saying "oh yeah, after we screwed up the promotions, baited and switched them, and caused you all frustration and dissatisfaction on the holiday... But now we will be happy to take your money, so here is the promotion you were supposed to get" will leave a lot of people with a bad taste.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Carrie glad to hear you have what ever bug that cause this fiasco fixed. The pop-ups are now regular in game however because of what appears to be a lie (sorry but that was not just a typo) about the vault and the constant huge bugs this game seems to have with everytime something new gets released before the team rushes out for long break I have been happy to click the close button on everyone of the pop-ups. Maybe next time.
  • Options
    Now I'm getting one or the other every time I click anywhere. Too late, the offer that interested me was the one that was first advertised in the forum, the vault.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie glad to hear you have what ever bug that cause this fiasco fixed. The pop-ups are now regular in game however because of what appears to be a lie (sorry but that was not just a typo) about the vault and the constant huge bugs this game seems to have with everytime something new gets released before the team rushes out for long break I have been happy to click the close button on everyone of the pop-ups. Maybe next time.

Agreed. All these promotional “bugs” and the ability to change the language in them is pretty disheartening. I have lost any trust in the higher ups. I don’t believe anything because prior words can just be fixed as “typos”
  • COFFEEEEEE
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Agreed. All these promotional “bugs” and the ability to change the language in them is pretty disheartening. I have lost any trust in the higher ups. I don’t believe anything because prior words can just be fixed as “typos”

This. The time invested by myself and countless others into this game whether it be time or money should allow more trust in CG. The 'typo' is actually false advertisement and bad business. Because of our investment in CG, we logged on throughout the Christmas holiday looking to obtain what was advertised. I counted on buying discounted crystals in order to buy the ability mats pack, which is now gone. Fixing the bug is a step, but much more needs to happen in order to repair the situation.
  • Options
    It is 1st of January for me. Will the offers still appear?
  • Options
    Can't get vault to appear. Been trying for days. Any tips that don't involve reset after reset
  • Options
    Nope. I think it is over sadly. New Year for you is when it ends. Hope not but looks like it
  • Options
    Tno37 wrote: »
    Can't get vault to appear. Been trying for days. Any tips that don't involve reset after reset

It's no longer the vault so you can stop looking for it. They edited the post now saying it's the $19.99 crystal pack instead which is obviously much less of a bonus (less than 1000 extra crystals vs 4000 extra for the vault).

They really screwed up what could have been a lucrative holiday season and caused their paying customers unnecessary frustration. I can't wrap my head around any of it.
  • Options
    NikolayFC wrote: »
    Nope. I think it is over sadly. New Year for you is when it ends. Hope not but looks like it

It's Dec.31st at 15:45 for me.