Can anybody give me advice on the last cls tier?

So I'm having a lot of trouble on the last tier, everyone except R2 is g9, levels 75+ and I moved around mods to accommodate, but I still get obliterated on the last wave.

Anybody got any pointers?

Oh and here's my profile https://swgoh.gg/u/thedevilscousin

Replies

• up their levels, up their abilities
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • R2d2 saved the day, give that droid more speed/protection gear...

He saved farmer luke/han/leia from being crushed in the new hope

Believe in r2... worship d2... it can give you commander luke
  • I just did last tier with g9 leia, han, R2, g8 Luke. Only an omega on R2 basic to help with stuns. Moved my arena mods over and still took 4-5 attempts to get the right RNG. I would say that is pretty close to a minimum required gear for the event. I was g8 on all toons, and had enough saved to move them up to g9 as needed. Spent about 15-20 tries right away and moved han up to 9, 15-20 more and moved leia up, another 15-20 and R2 went up. Didn't take as long once I got R2 up.

I did come very very close once when I had just sthan at 9, so maybe if I had some patience I could have done it with less gear invested.
  • Oh and I was running han lead.
  • The advice I saw and followed, which allowed me to beat it on first try was.

Save Han's taunt for wave three. I used smokescreen on R2 in the first wave on himself. Everyone just killed the troopers in order.

Save Leia's stealth for when R2 has already stealthed her for big damage.

Put your best health mods on Han and R2. If you have good crit chance/damage mods, put them on Luke and Leia otherwise just put your best mods on them.

Your kill order is dictated by the taunts so nothing fancy there.
  • Bishoplod wrote: »
    The advice I saw and followed, which allowed me to beat it on first try was.

Save Han's taunt for wave three. I used smokescreen on R2 in the first wave on himself. Everyone just killed the troopers in order.

Save Leia's stealth for when R2 has already stealthed her for big damage.

Put your best health mods on Han and R2. If you have good crit chance/damage mods, put them on Luke and Leia otherwise just put your best mods on them.

Your kill order is dictated by the taunts so nothing fancy there.

This is exactly what did it for me with g9 R2/Leia, g8 STH/Luke. Have R2 smoke before Leia stealths, save STH taunt until the 3rd. RE kill order, if you get a chance to take out the Officer in round 1 do it, his special does big damage.
  • Im stuck.. i have everyone at level 85, R2 gear 9 2 away from 10, luke leia and sth all at gear 8 but needing a furnace to go to gear 9. All i need is for some furnaces ro appear in shipments so i can level one or 2 up to 9 and i think i can clear it. I have 5 star mods on all 4. I have gotten down to 2 guys left on round 3 but that is the furthest i can go. Sucks i worked hard got ob from not even unlocked to 7*...then finally beat all the other tiers, just waiting on furnaces now.
  • admiral_akbar
    98 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    My set up:
    85 R2 g8 omega on improvise,
    85 Han g8, Health and Protection Mods
    82 Luke g8 omega on basic, Mods for Speed and Crit Chance (I had about 45% crit chance)
    80 Leia g8 both omegas, Mods for Speed or whatever you have remaining, I had Offense.

Always use Leia's stealth ability whenever possible and under R2's stealth

First Encounter:
    * Use R2 stealth - target itself

Second Encounter:
    * Use this encounter to reset your cooldowns. Stun the troopers from the sides first with R2's basic and Luke's special.

Third Encounter:
    * Taunt with Han
    * R2's stealth - target Han
  • admiral_akbar,

I used your strategy and it worked first time after about 50+ attempts over the past week. Thank you!

My chars were all level 85 gear 8 and had all omega abilities, no zetas. I did have to move around my best mods but Luke, Leia and R2 survived the whole thing.
  • GeeThree wrote: »
    admiral_akbar,

I used your strategy and it worked first time after about 50+ attempts over the past week. Thank you!

My chars were all level 85 gear 8 and had all omega abilities, no zetas. I did have to move around my best mods but Luke, Leia and R2 survived the whole thing.

I'm happy to help :)
  • Even though this post was back then during 1st release of CLS, i followed your advice admiral_akbar and managed to get the commander himself! Cheers!
  • Ugh...I have tried all the things listed above and am struggling to keep anyone alive for the 3 phase of the battle! Any advice. Here is my profile https://swgoh.gg/u/morpheousxeno/
    All toons 7 star, level 85, R2 gear 9 with the rest at gear 8, Leia omega, Han basic and leader omegas, and R2's smoke screen omega.
  • ott0bot
    101 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Ugh...I have tried all the things listed above and am struggling to keep anyone alive for the 3 phase of the battle! Any advice. Here is my profile https://swgoh.gg/u/morpheousxeno/
    All toons 7 star, level 85, R2 gear 9 with the rest at gear 8, Leia omega, Han basic and leader omegas, and R2's smoke screen omega.

Looking at your roster, i think you should be able to make it with the following changes:

mod swap R2 for more speed and potency, omega his basic if possible. the more troops you stun, the less damage they do.

omega Likes bullseye and increase his crit chance. he will stun as well with a crit, or at least remove buffs if not

in general - increase speed for all others. mod swap off your arena toons, if needed - CLS is worth it.

Then follow Ackbars advice, that’s about how i did it. On the final round if your taunt with STH and smoke screen, he will soak up the damage and give all TM bonus. more attacks plus more stubs should do it. STH will probably die.

• Thanks for the help....Well I've switch mods around several times. I've added an omega to R2's basic, I added some gear to r2, and geared Leia up to gear 9. I am truly at a loss. If I do make it with all characters to the 3rd round I am decimated. I really don't understand it sometimes seems as if when I level a character up I have even a harder time then in previous attempts. I'm hoping for additional omega tonight...and plan to put it on Luke's Bullseye.

https://swgoh.gg/u/morpheousxeno/
  • It looks like all your mods are level 1
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    You need to throw your best mods on and level up the speed secondary ones leia and r2 should be able to carry you
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    smokescreen on someone other than han and leia, let him take some hits, and then use han's taunt so Han can stay longer
  • Worked like a charm. Thanks!