Veteran Smugglers Han and Chewbacca RESISTANCE Faction TAG Suggestion

First off, I'm not a Star Wars nerd, I'm a Star Wars fanatic. lol. ;) And we all know that Han and Chewie are obviously Light Side characters. And if you watched The Force Awakens then you'd know that Rey joins Finn along with BB8 and they hop on Han and Chewie's Millennium Falcon. So wouldn't that make them RESISTANCE characters? Galaxy of Heroes lists the said Veteran Smugglers Han and Chewbacca as Light Side and Scoundrel characters, but shouldn't they have a Resistance Tag? It seems like a pretty reasonable proposition if you ask me considering they are required for the Rey's Heroes Journey event which we all know requires the previously stated Resistance characters. The Veteran Smugglers Han and Chewbacca should be listed with the following tags: Light Side, Scoundrel, Resistance, Attacker. This is just plain common sense to me. If you are using Finn, Rey (Scavenger), BB8, Veteran Smuggler Han, and Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca in the Rey's Heroes Journey event and Finn, Rey (Scavenger), and BB8 all three have the Resistance character Tag, then Veteran Smuggler Han and Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca should have the Resistance Tag too. It's only fair and it seems like plain common sense to me to make this a reality. This seems to me to be an oversight which can be fixed in the next coming update for Galaxy of Heroes in January 2018. What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear back from someone. Thanks for your time. Have a great day and Happy New Year Galaxy of Heroes! :)
Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

Replies

  • fotrovina
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, they should...but the devs said they will not add resistance tags to them because it would make them too overpowered...just imagine JTR, R2, BB-8 and the 2 smugglers - when they can crit for over 30k, they would be like Wampa twins...
  • fotrovina wrote: »
    Yes, they should...but the devs said they will not add resistance tags to them because it would make them too overpowered...just imagine JTR, R2, BB-8 and the 2 smugglers - when they can crit for over 30k, they would be like Wampa twins...

    @fotrovina Where did they say that? I never saw that.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Liath
    4375 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    fotrovina wrote: »
    Yes, they should...but the devs said they will not add resistance tags to them because it would make them too overpowered...just imagine JTR, R2, BB-8 and the 2 smugglers - when they can crit for over 30k, they would be like Wampa twins...

    @fotrovina Where did they say that? I never saw that.

    Here's one place: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7hqntm/vet_tags_change/?st=jb4h1fv9&sh=363fc1e7
  • They need some tag other than Scoundrel to make them somewhat arena viable. I like their kits. Han can hit hard. Chewie was a minor character in TLJ but he was still on Rey’s journey. He should be Resistance. Also, when has making an overpowered team ever been an issue before? Surely when Chaze first dropped we heard the OP cries. The devs have never cared if one or two teams populate the top 50 in arena. Why start now?
  • Liath wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    fotrovina wrote: »
    Yes, they should...but the devs said they will not add resistance tags to them because it would make them too overpowered...just imagine JTR, R2, BB-8 and the 2 smugglers - when they can crit for over 30k, they would be like Wampa twins...

    @fotrovina Where did they say that? I never saw that.

    Here's one place: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7hqntm/vet_tags_change/?st=jb4h1fv9&sh=363fc1e7

    @Liath Thanks but I don't agree with tha decision because... simply put...
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    They need some tag other than Scoundrel to make them somewhat arena viable. I like their kits. Han can hit hard. Chewie was a minor character in TLJ but he was still on Rey’s journey. He should be Resistance. Also, when has making an overpowered team ever been an issue before? Surely when Chaze first dropped we heard the OP cries. The devs have never cared if one or two teams populate the top 50 in arena. Why start now?

    @Mr_Sausage I completely agree with you. Who cares if they have the Resistance tag? Then there'd actually be another new meta in the arena.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Am I missing something. I never got a sense that they were part of the resistance at all they just helped the resistance characters for a short time. Haven't seen the new movie so mabe that would help explain why people think they should be. Pleases help explain this to me.
  • This game has no problems adding questionable tags. Like Old Ben being a rebel. He did help Luke for a short while. I see no difference between him and the Veterans.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    This game has no problems adding questionable tags. Like Old Ben being a rebel. He did help Luke for a short while. I see no difference between him and the Veterans.

    @Mr_Sausage THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SAYING THAT! That's exactly what I'm trying to get across. It's a pretty simple concept and a fair thing to do. :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Sadly we don't make the decisions. CG does and seems they have made up their minds on it.

    Resistance are running rampant in arena.
    Rjt, R2, Bb8, yes it is only 3 but cls, Han and R2 was enough to call it cls lead rebels.
  • Liath
    4375 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    fotrovina wrote: »
    Yes, they should...but the devs said they will not add resistance tags to them because it would make them too overpowered...just imagine JTR, R2, BB-8 and the 2 smugglers - when they can crit for over 30k, they would be like Wampa twins...

    @fotrovina Where did they say that? I never saw that.

    Here's one place: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7hqntm/vet_tags_change/?st=jb4h1fv9&sh=363fc1e7

    @Liath Thanks but I don't agree with tha decision because... simply put...

    I wasn't arguing for or against it, just answering your request to know where it was said.

    The Vets don't have to be arena viable because you are forced to farm them anyway if you want JTRey. Much like when Phoenix was released and nobody cared but then we had to farm them for Thrawn (and now TB).
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1718 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Liath wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    fotrovina wrote: »
    Yes, they should...but the devs said they will not add resistance tags to them because it would make them too overpowered...just imagine JTR, R2, BB-8 and the 2 smugglers - when they can crit for over 30k, they would be like Wampa twins...

    @fotrovina Where did they say that? I never saw that.

    Here's one place: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7hqntm/vet_tags_change/?st=jb4h1fv9&sh=363fc1e7

    @Liath Thanks but I don't agree with tha decision because... simply put...

    I wasn't arguing for or against it, just answering your request to know where it was said.

    The Vets don't have to be arena viable because you are forced to farm them anyway if you want JTRey. Much like when Phoenix was released and nobody cared but then we had to farm them for Thrawn (and now TB).

    @Liath I know. No worries. I understood ya. ;)

    Thanks for the link. It was a good read. All I was saying is that I simply don't agree with the decision, that's all.

    And btw. For the record? I don't care if the Vets are "arena viable" or not. All I care is if they have the Resistance tag. If I say put a zeta on Finn and have to go farm the vets for Rey's Heroes Journey, then the least I'd hope for is that the Vets would have the Resistance tag so at least they would have the synergy too rather than just 2 other characters besides Finn out of the 5 toon squad having the synergy. It seems illogical to put a zeta on Finn without a good Resistance team built up yet and a waste of a good zeta imo. It also seems illogical to me at least to not have Veteran Smugglers (which is basically a fancy way of saying "The Force Awakens") Han and Chewbacca listed as Resistance characters. Just like Han Solo (Raid Version) is listed as a Rebel because he was younger in A New Hope. Now that he's older and the rebellion doesn't exist anymore, he should be listed as Resistance because he's a Light Side character. And so should his "bff" Chewie. That's all. Simple yet logical, am I right? ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
Sign In or Register to comment.