Barriss nerf

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Akaryn wrote: »

Until then though, I just grin at all richkids whining their butts off because someone laid hand on their favorite toy :smiley:

This is childish and unconstructive. $50 doesn't make someone a "rich kid" and laughing at people who are unhappy says more about you than them.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nerfing a character which you sold for cash is unethical. No matter how little or heavy the need was.
  • Akaryn wrote: »
    Now they balanced that one out to still an impressive heal-balancing (saw 5,5k (3,8+1,7) earlier today). Makes it all a bit more fairer.

1700 heal?Has this hero 13k HP?
    She heals my Sid for 800 now and this is realy bad.
    Equalize is a lifesteal from other Heros and not a heal.
  • Akaryn
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It was on a Chewie with legitely high amount of HP so yes, I'd assume he has around that much HP :)
    That's what I'm talking about, combine her with some tank(taunt) and see a whole round of yor enemy's attack attempts go to waste. It makes a lot of sense for her to not bring glass cannons (like Sid unfortunately is somehow) back to full life.
  • Akaryn
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    A small update to my above mentioned theory and worth noticing.

Just faced #1 rank and top spender (lvl 60) on my server. His squad:
    Old Ben 6*
    Darth Vader (? Star)
    Barriss 6*
    Ashoka 7*
    QuiQon 7*

I think you'll realize how much hp that gives his champs. It's a pain.
    And while my squad was hitting below the 1k mark due to Ben's Mind Trick, his Barriss healed Vader THROUGH Sid Debuff for 8,6k - wish I had taken a screenshot. So Barriss certainly is still pretty legit, holy moly.

So please stop the whining until you reach endgame pvp.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Yea this nerf really caught me off guard this morning when I got up and was extremely disappointed. I did not have to buy the pack and was lucky enough to get Barriss and Ahsoka back to back with my first two packs. I've had the game for a couple weeks and have affluent zero dollars so far but now I might in order to build a different team but we'll see. I've played three different games similar to this one before I got hooked on this and the people who spend the most will always be at the top and should be, that's what they're paying for. Just because it might not seem fair to some of you doesn't mean you should be angry at these people or be happy at their five minutes of disappointment. It's because of these people that we're able to play for free, I really did love my Barriss build and hope they reverse some of the changes after realizing that she really is not a great healer anymore and can't do anything else. She is still great when it's the beginning of the battle and one of your guys is really low after an early onslaught but when you're down to three heroes and two of them are below 50% then it's really pointless.
    So please stop the whining until you reach endgame pvp.
    lol
    i play MMOs since 2001 and some of my Chars getting hit with the Nerfbat.
    Thats life.
    I dont need to be lvl.60 to see the nerf.
    I never say Barriss is now unplayable bad.
    She has still her place in my GW squad.

If u fight vs a strong AoE Team and all your Chars <50%HP,
    Barriss heals only this 15% because there is nothing to equalize.
    Luminara heals 40% of her HP+20% next round.
    Its only one Char <20% and the other >90% her heal is still strong.
  • Usually i never complain about anything done to a game but i have to make an exception now. The fact she was adjusted negatively is fine but to do so so soon after the game launch and at such a high price paid for her is inexcusable. If you want to significantly weaken a character then do so on one that people didn't pay a high amount of real money. This change however does make the decision not to buy any more character packs much easier.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • LargKellein
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Well, this has saved me a pile of cash. I bought the Dooku pack and the Barris pack, even if I did think the latter was a bit on the steep side. Then they nerf smash Barris on the day they bring out a hundred dollar character pack.

Safe to say this brings an end to my character buying days unless there's another one at Dooku price/utility ratios. I can afford the more expensive packs , I just refuse to be taken advantage of.
  • when Barris was good...people said shes OP. When she is nerf, people complain. LOL
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Just stupid lol, EA caters to the crybabys while ignoring paying players....... Nice move EA, nice move.

Lesson learned (glad im not out any/much $ haha)

For the record, bariss was situational and in no possible way OP lmao.

Moral of the story, if your not smart enough to fig out how a toon works or to beat em just cry enough (and somehow rally other short sighted players to cry also) and EA will attempt to please you with a small nerf haha

Score:
    Smart ppl 0
    Crybabies 1

Well played crybabies......... Well played
  • I scored Barriss from a super lucky Bronzium pack... and this happens. FML.

I guess I should be reaping the rewards of the nerf by slaying every team with Barriss showing as leader now?
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • It's insane to make such a drastic change to a character who not even weeks before was the main draw of a very expensive (for a game) investment. Try and justify it as you may, but that is horrible business period.
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    Song wrote: »
    From OP to Nerf.. what is coming up next?

Good thing i dont have Barris

I was so close to buying Bariss too lol everyone in my PVP is using her heavily.

That was so the point, right? Every P2P used her because even on 4 star she would heal up to 8,5k hp (on level 55) on one champ and quite a substantial amount on all the others. Now they balanced that one out to still an impressive heal-balancing (saw 5,5k (3,8+1,7) earlier today). Makes it all a bit more fairer.
    Yet although I neither have her nor fancy her I'd say she deserves her attack to be more valuable, maybe grant her a little higher percentage of the heal proccing. That would ultimately make her still pretty useful all around.

Until then though, I just grin at all richkids whining their butts off because someone laid hand on their favorite toy :smiley:

Um I'm a rich kid and I've only spent 5$. Most people buy bc theyre impatient and want a character badly. After using all my free crystals to buy numerous packs and getting literally nothing of use I stopped buying and having the fantasy of hitting old Ben, my favorite character. I personally think that her nerf should have been less severe but I also think that she's useful. I think the sith buffs mainly on maul are ridiculous by all measures. His aoe can wipe a team alone and prior to the nerf he was already really big dps.
  • SlyWalker
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2015

then your dps must be weak as hell. Maul's the easiest by far to take down with such a low hp...don't complain when you cant outbeat a DM in the team.
  • People were already discussing previously that Barriss would have difficulties leveling up as compared to healers like Lumi and JC in the long run....i doubt any of you have even leveled Barriss to 6 stars (probably still sitting her on the 4 stars "OP" thoughts. Stop complaining like little boys till u unlock her further.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Feel the same way as the op. This was an unfair and excessive nerf to a premium and one dimensional character. The new pack is already silly overpriced but with this move I am even less interested.

And yes this IS a substantial nerf. Her healing effects were all she brought to the table and we paid for her.

Lesson : don't buy character packs. Good job, EA.

I'm honestly surprised this was done at all. Looking at all the aspects of the game, it is very well balanced. She was not OP because the ability to have options to deal with her are significant. I initially ruled this as a serious reason to play because it meant the devs have done their homework in building a balanced game from the start.

Considering many of us paid $50 specifically for what she offered, it is abhorrent to change that expectation so quickly because of the myriad of complaints in this forum. Those complaints were highly short sighted without even being a full month into playing and accessing other forms of strategy. Barris was readily available because she was a straight purchase made available to everyone. We are just now starting to see other farmable characters enter the meta to make a true difference. Instead of letting the game foster and develop on its own, this action undercuts its potential; and more importantly, player trust.

I feel it is sad that the meta of this game has been turned instantly by major nerfs and buffs of other characters. This makes much of the effort of many almost pointless; I really am surprised this was done so quickly after launch. It has made me cautious; cautious of further purchases and personal effort to develop characters.

A standard has been set here that is not healthy for long term play. I truly hope it is not something that will be seen on a continuing basis.
  • DarthVanio wrote: »
    Skye wrote: »
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    That nerf isn't that bad. Her heal is still massive. This game is new and nerfs + buffs are expected. So i don't think that Barriss is massively nerfed. And there is something else that is positive - with these changes we can do our best to invent the new ultimate team - the new meta if you will, so i don't think all these changes are bad.
    May the force be with you.

Actually it's a very severe nerf... As the heal used to be based on a percentage of Barriss's health, now it's based off the health of the target... Barriss has the highest health not sure if she still does with all the new characters... In addition to this change the percentages have been reduced by over 60% on each level of the skill... It's a much bigger nerf than you think

I'm guess you used the heal on a very high health character to think it hasn't been nerfed as badly

As the matter of fact, we have been used to get all toons hp to the max after Barriss heal. But that wasn't balanced. Now her heal is not that bad as you say it is. I know that this is a char that is bought but nerf will come all the way down. She still has the best heal in this game, and she might not heal to the max but she is still pretty dem OP. That's my thoughts and i dont want to disturb anyone with this, but this is how i see her atm. I am willing to take criticism and want to learn more stuff so if i am mistaken please excuse me and explain me where i go wrong.

Lum heal at 5 is better than Barrisses now buy a good bit. i ran both now I pulled Barriss because she simply does not justify being my #2 healer with no offense. If you read the update Tano and Ventress got upped( If memory serves they were in the pack I bought with Barr9iss(but Barriss was why I bought it for the sick heal) I put a ton into gearing Barriss up for my heal for GW. Spent $ on Crystals to refresh so I could have her geared by GW, now she is unable to give me what I invested in. As stated above by others I no longer have interest in spending on this game anymore either. I had dropped a few hundred in just over 2 weeks since I started, but I'm done now if they are going to alter the characters I paid for.

I was so close to buying Bariss too lol everyone in my PVP is using her heavily.

That was so the point, right? Every P2P used her because even on 4 star she would heal up to 8,5k hp (on level 55) on one champ and quite a substantial amount on all the others. Now they balanced that one out to still an impressive heal-balancing (saw 5,5k (3,8+1,7) earlier today). Makes it all a bit more fairer.
    Yet although I neither have her nor fancy her I'd say she deserves her attack to be more valuable, maybe grant her a little higher percentage of the heal proccing. That would ultimately make her still pretty useful all around.

Not everyone is a rich kid. Many are people with limited incomes that made a purchase because of the value it represented. I was one of those and now I am hesitant with doing it again.

Richkids huh? Should know facts before you make fools judgment. I work 60-70 hours per week running a business and I care for my Mother financially. I'm not some richkid as you so ignorantly claim. I'm a guy who worked his butt off to be able to do what I want in my leisure time and find it offputting that someone changes the stats on a purchase I made without otherwise compensating. Do I want a refund? It would be a nice gesture, but I got use out of her. I invested in Barriss for her powerful heal. It was diminished, all I ask is that it be balanced. Increase her offense by the 50% you took her defense down, or toss those of us who invested a couple 8 packs to make up for our loss. I'd happily return her, eating the money I put in to gear her quickly for a few 8 packs or crystal vault. I'm not looking to get a refund and keep her, I'm simply looking for fairness to those of us who did spend. It is good business for EA. EA is a business. It is us who spend that keep them going, just like any other business. This move hurts them because it has upset, and justly so, many of their customers.

Rich kid,lol. Son I was working at the market when I was 13 years old, that was after tending to our property and my friends farm. Don't be so ignorant in your comments/judgements they just make you look like a fool. I'm sure some of the folks whining are just as you say, but not all of us.
  • DarthVanio wrote: »
    Skye wrote: »
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    That nerf isn't that bad. Her heal is still massive. This game is new and nerfs + buffs are expected. So i don't think that Barriss is massively nerfed. And there is something else that is positive - with these changes we can do our best to invent the new ultimate team - the new meta if you will, so i don't think all these changes are bad.
    May the force be with you.

Actually it's a very severe nerf... As the heal used to be based on a percentage of Barriss's health, now it's based off the health of the target... Barriss has the highest health not sure if she still does with all the new characters... In addition to this change the percentages have been reduced by over 60% on each level of the skill... It's a much bigger nerf than you think

I'm guess you used the heal on a very high health character to think it hasn't been nerfed as badly

As the matter of fact, we have been used to get all toons hp to the max after Barriss heal. But that wasn't balanced. Now her heal is not that bad as you say it is. I know that this is a char that is bought but nerf will come all the way down. She still has the best heal in this game, and she might not heal to the max but she is still pretty dem OP. That's my thoughts and i dont want to disturb anyone with this, but this is how i see her atm. I am willing to take criticism and want to learn more stuff so if i am mistaken please excuse me and explain me where i go wrong.

Are you kidding? She is fricken useless now. Her lv3 heal heals 7.5%. My consular lv3 heals 30%. This is a huge massive nerf.
  • Barris is pretty useless but apparently theyve taken heed over at CG and are preparing something. Im assuming it will suck so Ive got my finger hovering over the refund button.
  • Alright, full disclosure here: I got her in a lucky drop from a chomium pack. I don't know why that matters. If I'd wanted her bad enough I would have bought her. And the people who did buy her bought her "just" for her. And I think they'd be equally **** had she been nerfed in ANY way. I said it in another thread and I'll say it again. People didn't buy the female character pack for the cards. they bought it to win arenas. And if 90% of us have to have one particular card to play PvP then that card is overpowered.

And they bought her because she had an INSANE spot heal. Now they are **** off that the spot heal is gone. But its not. Its gone for glass cannons. Tanks still get massive heals. So now we needs think about our arena builds more if we want to use her. Or, worse, put her in a leader position. Every 4 or so attacks she heals the team. When in leader position, she also heals a team member every turn. And she removes conditions pretty reliably. So the attack damage she does is eclipsed by the amount of healing and utility she STILL produces. At level 46 she's pumping out an extra 1200 to 1400 heal per turn on each character. And thats WITHOUT using her heal skill.

So guys, level up your Chewies, your Windus and your Boba Fetts and stop whining. Barriss is still beast. She just isn't game breaking anymore.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Nemesis wrote: »
    While the nerf sucks, I am happy with the timing as I will save my $100 and wait a few months to see what damage they do to the new pack! EA do your testing elsewhere and not at our expense please!
    This really is the only point that matters to me in the end.

So unprofessional to not test a product before selling it in the market.

If you do and it fails. Eat the bullet and wear the costs, and provide a good reason for your customers to not lose trust in you.

I'm glad Google refunded my purchase in 10 minutes after request, and I hope more people do the same because it's the only thing EA and CG might listen to.

I did not sign up for a beta, and if I did I wouldn't be spending money on it so that you can learn how to make money off others.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Ivinol
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tiggerz wrote: »
    And they bought her because she had an INSANE spot heal. Now they are **** off that the spot heal is gone. But its not. Its gone for glass cannons. Tanks still get massive heals. So now we needs think about our arena builds more if we want to use her. Or, worse, put her in a leader position. Every 4 or so attacks she heals the team. When in leader position, she also heals a team member every turn. And she removes conditions pretty reliably. So the attack damage she does is eclipsed by the amount of healing and utility she STILL produces. At level 46 she's pumping out an extra 1200 to 1400 heal per turn on each character. And thats WITHOUT using her heal skill.
    rofl
    A 12,5%(level 5) heal on a Tank with 12000HP heals for 1500.
    Luminara (7700HP) heals for 40%+20%next round thats are 4500+HP
    My Barriss is lvl.54 and she never ever heals for 1200-1400 every turn.
    As leader she heals Jedi for 4% of her max HP=400 HP
    With her autoattack 40% procchance she heals for 600 HP.

I think most of this fools never played a MMO and know theorycraft.

• Abyss wrote: »
    Just stupid lol, EA caters to the crybabys while ignoring paying players....... Nice move EA, nice move.

Lesson learned (glad im not out any/much $ haha)

For the record, bariss was situational and in no possible way OP lmao.

Moral of the story, if your not smart enough to fig out how a toon works or to beat em just cry enough (and somehow rally other short sighted players to cry also) and EA will attempt to please you with a small nerf haha

Score:
    Smart ppl 0
    Crybabies 1

Well played crybabies......... Well played

You mean if you're not smart enough to figure out strats to win, pay to win lol. If Barriss wasn't op in anyway stop crying, it shouldn't be a big deal to you.
  • When a character is nerfed in hearthstone they give you enough credit to buy any other character of the same rarity if they choose to dismantle the nerfed card. If EA did that I feel people would be satisfied and continue to spend money on the game. 80 shards for any character you want would go a long way. I know it wouldn't include the time and energy spent for gear and credits spent on leveling but it would go a long way. Many would probably choose to keep her but at least it would be a nice gesture.
  • Maybe now that her nuclear heal has been weakened, they will be able to buff the % proc on her attack-based heal or something to compensate.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Akaryn wrote: »
    I think you'll realize how much hp that gives his champs. It's a pain.
    And while my squad was hitting below the 1k mark due to Ben's Mind Trick, his Barriss healed Vader THROUGH Sid Debuff for 8,6k - wish I had taken a screenshot. So Barriss certainly is still pretty legit, holy moly.

Not quite 60 myself but I have seen Barriss in the arena where the enemy Barriss is pulling off an equalisation heal that hits for that amount. However I haven't seen my Barriss do that kinda of heal indeed anywhere close to it through the equalisation, best I seen was 3k... And my Barriss is gear maxed and level maxed for my current level... So something is still broken or someone is hacking.

I will point out the enemy Barriss is lower level than mine as the player is lower level than me.
    Post edited by Skye on
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Barress does seem to be bugged when ai uses her. She heals for more than my barress and I do find this funny, in GW today ran into 8 barress. None of them could heal though sids immunity debuff, which is her strongest point.

Not complaining as it helped me. But pointing this out to show how she seems bugged when ai is useing her.