Do you enjoy DS TB?

Replies

• DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
    BTW I like throwing kittens into chippers, I'm dark side after all
  • Darth_jim
    52 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I do not enjoy DS TB
    It doesn't make sense that bounty hunters are involved in a war against the rebels. Yes I understand very few people wasted time leveling up a sub par faction But Forcing us to spend valuable resources on them to beat the special mission isn't fun. Give us a couple bounty hunters worth leveling up and I'd be happy to spend the resources. So far Greedo, Zam, Cad Bane don't cut it. Maybe try giving them some great zetas.

Edit: I would like to say thank you for adding a new empire toon (starck), but can you make him good.
    Post edited by Darth_jim on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DS TB is okay
    Darth_jim wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense that bounty hunters are involved in a war against the rebels. Yes I understand very few people wasted time leveling up a sub par faction But Forcing us to spend valuable resources on them to beat the special mission isn't fun. Give us a couple bounty hunters worth leveling up and I'd be happy to spend the resources. So far Greedo, Zam, Cad Bane don't cut it. Maybe try giving them some great zetas.

Edit: I would like to say thank you for adding a new empire toon (starck), but can you make him good.

subpar bounty hunters get the job done, no need to potentially waste a zeta and more gear on them.
    Starck is amazing (in the right line-up).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    leef wrote: »

subpar bounty hunters get the job done, no need to potentially waste a zeta and more gear on them.

I didn't realize starck was amazing I might be using him wrong. What G level on BH are you getting through the events at? I don't want to waste any extra gear lol.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DS TB is okay

I didn't realize starck was amazing I might be using him wrong. What G level on BH are you getting through the events at? I don't want to waste any extra gear lol.

https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/collection/?f=bounty-hunter
    small side note, i probably got lucky on that last special mission based on me being the only one in my guild clearing it.
    Starck in the trooper line-up really adds to the dmg and speed (TM gain under veers). I like troopers though, so i'm biased. But they do clear 4/4 in each phase of DS TB (unfortunately without starck in p5 and p6 due to lack of stars).
    They need to tone down the difficulty maybe by 25% in the first couple of phases
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    I feel that Dark Side Territory Battles is the one that truly gauges how good your roster is. The Dark Side characters, in my opinion, have always been a little underpowered compared to the Light Side in this game. Part of it, is absolutely their design, but another aspect I found is that the Dark Side characters always seem to need more strategy to win than the Light Side.
  • I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    Rebels oneshot 50k protection Vader with the orbital strike(literally, they killed my whole nihilus sith team with one single strike), platoons are full of premium toons, ship battles are boring and original as a dog named "spike" or "fuffi". They managed to make them even worse than before.
  • Silver_Radd_Surfer
    177 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    Dark Side territory battles are garbage. Two elites wipe out my whole squad of G11/G12 Zeta toons. Phase 4 only 3/4. Oh, they're both stunned...not anymore! They gained stealth and debuffed and went again and again and oh my goodness, time for the AoE and another set of attacks in a row by the Elite Rebel spy? Awesome. Fun. Great. Done.
    Not fun. Not fair. Pointless in organizing any effort when no one in the guild can get further than 2/4 on anything beyond phase 3. Even phase 3 is **** near impossible without an auto kill toon.
    hEArmit Yoda: "Spend more money, you must. Die less horribly, you will. But still die horribly, you will. Just less."
    DS TB is the single worst part of the game. It’s like trying to play chess against someone.... and all your pieces are checkers. Give DS some love, make the rebels we play against non-godmode or end this abomination.
    I like it because it's hard and gives me something to work on.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    Waqui wrote: »
    Migux7 wrote: »
    And now they are putting wampas in plattons?

Players could easily have wampa at 6* by then depending on how they chose to spend or save their ressources. Each guild will probably need only a few to fill platoons — not 50 of them. Just like when a few hermits were needed. Managing ressources and making choices along the way is all part of the game. I see no problem there.

You must be an undercover dev
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Players could easily have wampa at 6* by then depending on how they chose to spend or save their ressources. Each guild will probably need only a few to fill platoons — not 50 of them. Just like when a few hermits were needed. Managing ressources and making choices along the way is all part of the game. I see no problem there.

Yeah, no-one is farming Wampa that quickly. Unless you're either psychic and saw it coming before we even knew that there would be a DS and saved up all the currency you got from the regular ones, or if you're in a guild with 150 million GP who get every star every time, you're not going to have Wampa. It's not even vaguely believable.

Yeah, no-one is farming Wampa that quickly. Unless you're either psychic and saw it coming before we even knew that there would be a DS and saved up all the currency you got from the regular ones, or if you're in a guild with 150 million GP who get every star every time, you're not going to have Wampa. It's not even vaguely believable.

A lot of people stockpiled GET. Swgoh.gg lists 328 zeta on one of Wampa’s abilities, and they represent 80% of all Wampas - meaning there are already over 400 Wampas unlocked. Counting only those with an account on swgoh.gg.

By the same way of counting, there are over 10.000 Hermit Yoda’s.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DS TB is okay

Well, we knew pretty early on there was going to be a DS TB aswell. I assumed there was going to be a DS TB character aswell and i didn't care much for hermit. Could have had wampa at 7* by now, but i bought some other stuff in the guild event store unfortunately. (gear and krennic shards).
    My guild mate has both hermit and wampa at 5* and we're far from a 150m GP guild.
    DSTB is way more difficult than LSTB but that's probably because this game has been uber focused on the Light Side and has always given the Dark Side the big ol' kitten.

It's probably designed the same exact way but DS toons are weak compared to the LS. Separatist and Bounty Hunters (which is a faction REQUIRED) desperately need reworks and zetas and synergy, not to mention Vader is weak and Emperor doesn't have a single zeta himself.

They probably don't have to adjust the difficutly of DSTB, they need to finally balance this game and give DS toons respect.

Which means they won't and we'll have some more garbage Ep8 toons followed by new SOLO movie toons.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly

ROFL! You're great, guys. Thanx. Enjoy your weekend.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DSTB is way more difficult than LSTB but that's probably because this game has been uber focused on the Light Side and has always given the Dark Side the big ol' kitten.
    While LS has the benefit of the Most-People-root-for-the-Heroes syndrome, DS has a bunch of potent and efficient team compositions. But most people don’t have the whole squads at the required gear levels, nor with the adequate mods. Partly because most players & guilds themselves (at least those who followed the news on the forum, reddit or Line/Discord chats) focused more on farming LS during the Summer (and even Spring) months leading to the first TB’s.
    How many more Rebel, Rogue One, Phoenix, Clones squads were built by everyone during these months ?

There are two people in my guild that almost have, or do have, Wampa at 6* and we just crossed 107mil GP. But they don't have anyting on Hermit Yoda. They just happened to keep most of, if not all, their currency and Wampa just showed up and they lucked out.

Well, we knew pretty early on there was going to be a DS TB aswell. I assumed there was going to be a DS TB character aswell and i didn't care much for hermit. Could have had wampa at 7* by now, but i bought some other stuff in the guild event store unfortunately. (gear and krennic shards).
    My guild mate has both hermit and wampa at 5* and we're far from a 150m GP guild.

Yeah, we knew there would eventually be one, but we had no clue when. For all I knew at the time, it could have taken a year to create. Given the choice between stockpiling a lot of currency for the possibility that they might release a good character, or getting much needed gear to lessen the horrible gear-crunch... for what I'd think is the majority of players, that choice is incredibly easy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DS TB is okay

Yeah, we knew there would eventually be one, but we had no clue when. For all I knew at the time, it could have taken a year to create. Given the choice between stockpiling a lot of currency for the possibility that they might release a good character, or getting much needed gear to lessen the horrible gear-crunch... for what I'd think is the majority of players, that choice is incredibly easy.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. If people thought buying gear was the right choice at the time, since it was such an incredibly easy choice, shouldn't they just face the consequenses of not having wampa right now? Others, like myself, made a different choice. We already faced the consequenses of not getting gear at the time.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. If people thought buying gear was the right choice at the time, since it was such an incredibly easy choice, shouldn't they just face the consequenses of not having wampa right now? Others, like myself, made a different choice. We already faced the consequenses of not getting gear at the time.

This.

I have several toons at Gear 12, but none of those have a single node past 12, because I've saved every single bit of currency for HYoda, which will be 7 star at the end of this DSTB.

We all have choices. If you chose to not save then that's on you.

It is VERY possible to have Wampa at 6* or even 7*. You just had to have been saving instead of farming gear 12.
    I hate the way the platoons are designed. Why do the platoons always need the Empire/Rebel characters you want to use? Never Gamorian guard, IG-100, GG or any other garbage toons I have sitting on the bench. Just 14 TFP and 20 SHoretroopers and every other char I actually want to fight with. Rant Rant rant! Happy Friday!
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

This.

I have several toons at Gear 12, but none of those have a single node past 12, because I've saved every single bit of currency for HYoda, which will be 7 star at the end of this DSTB.

We all have choices. If you chose to not save then that's on you.

It is VERY possible to have Wampa at 6* or even 7*. You just had to have been saving instead of farming gear 12.

Agreed.I also haven't bought anything but a few Baze shards out of there beofre they took him away and have a 5 star HY and am 10 away from unlocking Wampa. There is no way that HY won't be required for the next luke and I won't be caught w/ my pants down so I'm going right back to him after wampa. Besides, a Jedi rework is way overdue and I bet HY will be extra amazing there.
    While my DS teams are a little underdeveloped, I still think we need more toons to bring them up to par with the LS characters. Also the farm for Mother Talzin it ridiculous which then locks one of the best DS teams from being able to be used in this mode.
    I'd also add that currently on the roster there are 78 Light Side toons and only 62 Dark Side toons. That adds up in variety, especially with platoons. covering 6 platoons is wayyyyy too many when you only have 62 DS toons including all the special, raid, event, hero characters, which won't be in platoons. We only do 4 rounds in DS TB missions, so give us only 4 platoons to fill to match that.

Oh and ease up on those excessive aerial raids the rebels get that can happen every other turn for the AI and even happen if you ability block the AI team.
    I enjoy the challenge of DS TB. People keep comparing it to LS TB - but that's not really a good comp - any more so than comparing the difficulty of the HAAT to HRancor would be. DS TB came out after LS TB and so is likely to be more difficult. If content didn't get progressively more difficult, those that have been playing for a while would get bored, as their roster wouold soon make everything easy. So I'm alright with the difficulty and the teams.

The one thing I don't like is platoons and especially the "Only guilds who paid for the latest character do well in platoons" aspect - especially since platoons greatly influence the success rate of the areas they affect. Every newly released toon has shown up in the very next TB platoon - and that clearly is not coincidence.

It's also annoying that the platoons require so many of the "team" members that are required for special missions. I realize the specific toons aren't duplicated - but if you require Veers + Snow for a special mission and there are a half dozen Shore and another half dozen DT's required for platoons...well, let's just there is no way that's coincidence or RNG. There aren't a half dozen Talia, Poggle, GeoSoldier, NS Initiate or Tusken Raider required...ever. The platoon requirements seem to make it intentionally difficult for the guild to field decent teams. Just as an example, there were a total of 10 Deathtrooper (who is great against Rebels) and 9 Shoretroopers required yesterday (phase 4) across the two platoons. There were only 2 of each of the Geo's (and no Geo Spy). There is absolutely no way that is random. 20% of the guild can't field a strong Imp Trooper team to go along with Veers + Snow on the special mission. That's lame platoon manipulation. Make the content difficult enough that you don't have to manipulate players into forming weaker teams.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*