Those Pop Up Crystal Ads

You know...the ones that suddenly get in the way when one is trying to do something else? You must have saved data on the gazillions of times just about everyone closes them out right away. Don't you think that tells you something?

Replies

• You know...the ones that suddenly get in the way when one is trying to do something else? You must have saved data on the gazillions of times just about everyone closes them out right away. Don't you think that tells you something?

While throwing in ads isn't the worst idea (some people don't know about the deals), please get rid of ads for everyone who has already spent money on the game. It's annoying. I've already put money into your game and yet I still get ads every 5 minutes. One ad to notify me wouldn't be terrible, but the nonstop ads when I've already spent money on your game is annoying. Especially since they have a tendency to lag what I'm doing and take me to the store when I was in the middle of something else. Please fix this. Thanks!
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • You know...the ones that suddenly get in the way when one is trying to do something else? You must have saved data on the gazillions of times just about everyone closes them out right away. Don't you think that tells you something?

While throwing in ads isn't the worst idea (some people don't know about the deals), please get rid of ads for everyone who has already spent money on the game. It's annoying. I've already put money into your game and yet I still get ads every 5 minutes. One ad to notify me wouldn't be terrible, but the nonstop ads when I've already spent money on your game is annoying. Especially since they have a tendency to lag what I'm doing and take me to the store when I was in the middle of something else. Please fix this. Thanks!

I think the idea was to spur you to spend because you can't get the deal normally through the store. They made the packs ad only. And yet, they give you a period of time, as the ad is supposed to come back once a day until it expires (1/13/18, I think).

However, popups have always been annoying. Everywhere. Due to decades of using the internet, my knee-**** reaction to any popup is to close it immediately. (On the browser I'm a bit more careful so I actually close the ad, rather than hitting a fake close button on the predatory ads.)

Hence, I've been preconditioned over the past 20 years never to click on a popup ad. Why would CG think that having popups in-game is good, then? All my experience using the internet tells me they are annoying. Why would they suddenly not be annoying when found in a game? The main draw that I can see, in-game, is trying to get you to spend so that the ads will stop popping up in your face.
  • Putting those pop up offers in the store as normal offers would be so much better. How many times now did i tap on an add by accident because i was going fast between menus?

Its not technically a big deal, it just means that i have to tap the back button, but when it happens multiple times a day every day, it gets annoying.

I guess it could be worse. In some games limited offers take a spot on the screen until its gone or bought, so ill take it as a necessary evil.
  • The current special crystal bonus and boba fett deals are only available through the pop up ad not thru the store they are a little invasive and annoying though especially on my alt f2p account
  • I'm trying to NOT get the Boba Fett one-though the 1K crystals and ton of shard shop currency for 9 bucks is pretty inviting.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    My guild leader is upset cause he got the $20 pop up right after he spent $20, and now it keeps popping up to taunt him. He never had the pop-up till after he bought the regular $20 pack. They made him waste an hour on the phone to tell him no when he asked for giving him the 700 or so additional crystals.
  • I did used the shard shop currency to get my Biggs to g12 lol
  • I bought the 25% more crystals when it popped for me. It was meant to be a one time deal. It keeps popping up non-stop. I am afraid to use it again for fear of being banned for misuse of a glitch. Maybe I am getting all the pop ups meant for y’all. Boba worked right, only got one.

And for the record CG, I don’t want you garbage gambling pop up bounty hunters crystal packs, stop with the pop up adds every 2 screens. You get enough of my money that I should not have to deal with this bombardment, especially for common store garbage.
  • I bought the 25% more crystals when it popped for me. It was meant to be a one time deal. It keeps popping up non-stop. I am afraid to use it again for fear of being banned for misuse of a glitch. Maybe I am getting all the pop ups meant for y’all. Boba worked right, only got one.

And for the record CG, I don’t want you garbage gambling pop up bounty hunters crystal packs, stop with the pop up adds every 2 screens. You get enough of my money that I should not have to deal with this bombardment, especially for common store garbage.

@ChickenFett139 , your intuition is good. A dev said "do not attempt to purchase multiple times". He/she doesn't say what happens if you try (probably some error and you don't get the gems, or a ban for exploiting the glitch if it works, but that's just what I think). Here's the link:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1409495/#Comment_1409495

I always notice the ads seem to get worse right after I've spent some money. I'll go a long time without getting anything, buy some crystals maybe a pack, then get flooded with ads for a couple of days. It's like they think, you spent some money, here's some ways to spend more