Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• You might still have time. Open it on different device on don't play for a while, like few hours.
  • UncleOnceler
    196 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yesac wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that the devs add 25% bonus crystals to the inbox of anyone who purchased a vault since Dec 24. There has been so much frustration over this deal, mostly because some of us waited to see a vault in a popup, that we missed out on the omega packs. I’m hoping EA follows through on its original ad.

I hope not, many many more didn't purchase waiting for what was promised. I still have a 200 balance that is slowly going elsewhere . . . Put the deal you promised in the store please.
  • Its over. Hopefully they offer some type of compensation.

Or even offer the offers they offered in the first place. Likely wont have anyone until the 2nd or 3rd that can make those decisions.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Tno37 wrote: »
    Can't get vault to appear. Been trying for days. Any tips that don't involve reset after reset

Stop trying/expecting to see it. Vault with 25% bonus crystals does not exist.
  • Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.
    This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (19,638 vs 15,710) compared to the normal store bundle.
    Maximum 1 purchase.
    Minimum Level Requirement: 8+
    This bundle is available starting December 24th
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    They changed the wording and called it a typo after the promo started. I especially like the specific gem calculation that was a 'typo'.

So yes people have been waiting for it since christmas eve and EA thinks its okay.... but the 19.99 package is all they actually gave and even then for just a handfull of folks.
  • Ahhhhh. That's ducking normal for them nowadays. Thanks for the clarity
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.
    This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (19,638 vs 15,710) compared to the normal store bundle.
    Maximum 1 purchase.

And the updated changed notes

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)
  • Got the Boba yesterday and the 3500 crystal today.
  • Just please do the right thing CG and at minimum discount the crystals as compensation in store. I don't believe that's enough to repair the situation at this point but it's a step in the right direction. You wasted the time of your customers on a holiday because of false advertisement that was attempted to be covered up as a typo. I'm invested in this game, thus invested in your company as you control the game. I should have trust in that company to not promise things that don't come to fruition.
  • Tno37 wrote: »
    Maximum 1 purchase.

If this was a typo... what would be the odds of getting the right number of crystals on the deal? I’d rather take the odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field... approximately 3,720 to 1 :smile: lol
  • TankBuster01
    26 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Blaaaaa. Wanted to buy the boba pack and it never popped for me. What complete and utter Kitten
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I'm frankly stunned some people didn't see this. Over the last week I've had both pop up multiple times each day! When it's only supposed to be once. I don't agree with freemium so haven't partaken myself, but it's a shame those who wanted it didn't have the opportunity
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Not being funny but we don’t all hover around the forums non stop. I don’t remember seeing much in game announcement indicating this and so did the same thing. Bought the pack from the store as a Christmas pressie to myself. Three seconds later got the Crystal popup ad! There should be no reason to ‘have’ to buy via a popup. Also your pop ups are shady and appear typically right as I need to click a different button in that location.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Can't get vault to appear. Been trying for days. Any tips that don't involve reset after reset

The vault was never going on sale. CG said it was a typo and only the 19.99 USD 2700+800 pack was on sale and now you've wasted your days.

Now you get to pay full price for any of the crystal packs with no bonus crystals if you really want one.

My only tip is to lower your expectations even lower from now on.

CG = Opps! Well, let's just push it under the rug. Carry on 2018
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    COFFEEEEEE wrote: »
    Just please do the right thing CG and at minimum discount the crystals as compensation in store. I don't believe that's enough to repair the situation at this point but it's a step in the right direction. You wasted the time of your customers on a holiday because of false advertisement that was attempted to be covered up as a typo. I'm invested in this game, thus invested in your company as you control the game. I should have trust in that company to not promise things that don't come to fruition.

The c word is not allowed per the forum guidelines kid.

The forbidden c-word is 'customer' apparently. Wampa! Wampa! Wampa! ;)

tenor.gif

• I get everyone needs to have time off for Christmas. For sure. But the biggest time of the year for sales you think it would be fixed. If someone wasn’t right in our sales department we had to come in on our day off and fix it. We had accountability.

Best believe I didn’t want to come in on my day off so I always tried to make sure I got it right the first time!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I get everyone needs to have time off for Christmas. For sure. But the biggest time of the year for sales you think it would be fixed. If someone wasn’t right in our sales department we had to come in on our day off and fix it. We had accountability.

Best believe I didn’t want to come in on my day off so I always tried to make sure I got it right the first time!

To be fair, their marketing genius went in on their mobile device while sitting on the can at home and fixed the typo for the win.

:) Happy new year! :)
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Everyone should be back to work tomorrow. Hopefully we get some answers.
  • Tno37 wrote: »
    Maximum 1 purchase.

Never saw it. Submitted ticket, nothing. Changing it days after it was supposed to start is super shady.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Also worth noting:
    Step 1 - 2 help tickets, no response.
    Step 2 - Bug report, no response.
    Step 3 - BBB complaint no response.
    Step 4 - Forum posts, answer, start at step 1....
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    QJinX wrote: »

Also worth noting:

I’m thinking we will hear something from the dev team today... what it might be I’m not sure. But they do seem to at least mention the issues raised by the community
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Twi wrote: »
    QJinX wrote: »
    Also worth noting:

I’m thinking we will hear something from the dev team today... what it might be I’m not sure. But they do seem to at least mention the issues raised by the community

Funny, I read your response so i looked at the Dev news forum and noticed there was a forum guidlines post in Dev news. Apparently i broke a rule suggesting what action they should take based on their failure... interesting. Its also entertaining that this topic has twice as many views as the forum rules topic. May want to relocate those rules to a more obvious place.
  • I am really hoping we hear something about this today. I missed out on a lot of stuff because I didn't get to buy the vault +25% bonus like advertised. And no, that was not a typo (there might have been a typo in what was given to the person who actually calculated the crystal amounts, but that does not matter). I spent quite a bit of money on this game in 2017 but I will not be spending any more money if this isn't corrected.
  • I seriously doubt they'll do anything.
  • I have $100 waiting to give you. Do you not want my money?
  • UncleOnceler
    196 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    There was an acknowledgement of the issue in the main thread, so hopefully a response soon.
  • Buffems wrote: »
    I seriously doubt they'll do anything.

I actually think they will do something, . . . yet please make "that" something be a discounted vault in the store.

If it's the usual give everybody an apology gift, it rewards those who weren't affected, and doesn't address the promise made yet not kept.
  • same. all i ever get is the popup for 25% more crystals on the $20 purchase