Crystal pop ups - option to disable

Please provide an option to turn off random crystal purchase pop ups.

I don’t want to get stuck with clickbaits.

Please I beg you. Give an option to disable ingame pop ups.

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Disabling clickbait would defeat the purpose of the clickbait.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Disabling clickbait would defeat the purpose of the clickbait.
    It’s out of control. I got 3 pop ups in 6 mins. They come out of nowhere. I have disabled in game purchases but this pop up thing is freggin annoying as fruitcake
  • Popups are a small price to pay for a free game. I think the easiest solution to your problem is just for you, as an individual, to deal with it.
  • You literally can't press the "x" ? Are you the person that can't be inconvenienced and asked if you want to upgrade your meal to large every time because you will also say Yes?
  • @crewmeister so hows that help with kids that play this game. What about the ones under age, that dont know any better? This is a blant fishing exerices to catch the unsuspecting out. There should be a clear decline or cancel not little cross in the top righthand corner.
  • I'm certain there are ways to disable purchases for children's accounts. It's preposterous to suggest that devs should change their code based on the desires of individual players. Even more so to complain about tactics this company uses to make money... that's what they're here for after all.
  • RedFlag wrote: »
    @crewmeister so hows that help with kids that play this game. What about the ones under age, that dont know any better? This is a blant fishing exerices to catch the unsuspecting out. There should be a clear decline or cancel not little cross in the top righthand corner.

Popups are disabled for underage accounts
  • Pop Ups are disabled during holidays. It may be just during Abrahamic religious holidays but maybe more updates it will expand more.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    +1. Really dislike pop up purchases.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You literally can't press the "x" ? Are you the person that can't be inconvenienced and asked if you want to upgrade your meal to large every time because you will also say Yes?
    Lame analogy. More like having your meal interrupted repeatedly by a waiter asking you to buy another meal.
  • Advertising is a pretty necessary part of any entertainment business. Considering this game revolves around impulse buying, the idea that they would allow people to disable their Advertising pop-ups intended to increase their revenue is rather laughable.

You are playing a free game, don't complain about the advertising.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Advertising is a pretty necessary part of any entertainment business. Considering this game revolves around impulse buying, the idea that they would allow people to disable their Advertising pop-ups intended to increase their revenue is rather laughable.

Does making a purchase have any effect on the frequency of pop-up ads?

Never really understand people who aren't getting a paycheck from a company yet make forum posts arguing the company's side against the interests of the customer.
    Advertising is a pretty necessary part of any entertainment business. Considering this game revolves around impulse buying, the idea that they would allow people to disable their Advertising pop-ups intended to increase their revenue is rather laughable.

Never really understand people who aren't getting a paycheck from a company yet make forum posts arguing the company's side against the interests of the customer.

Yeah, why are you making a post against the interests of the customer?

If they didn't advertise and gain revenue, how much free content would there be?

Crunchyroll is a licensed anime site, but you can watch the shows for free, they just have ads that allow them to pay their bills, which keeps me watching them for free.

The pop-up ads in game serve the same function.

Enjoy your free play that comes about due to things like pop up ads.
    Woodroward wrote: »

If they didn't advertise and gain revenue, how much free content would there be?

Crunchyroll is a licensed anime site, but you can watch the shows for free, they just have ads that allow them to pay their bills, which keeps me watching them for free.

Pop-up ads are intrusive. Especially intrusive if they continue with such frequency after one has made a purchase that they interrupt one's enjoyment of that purchase. That kind of thing is against the interests of the customer, and to argue otherwise is to do the work of a shill.

If all you've really got are accusations of freeloading, then there's no productive discussion to be had here.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Pop-up ads are intrusive. Especially intrusive if they continue with such frequency after one has made a purchase that they interrupt one's enjoyment of that purchase. That kind of thing is against the interests of the customer, and to argue otherwise is to do the work of a shill.

If all you've really got are accusations of freeloading, then there's no productive discussion to be had here.

You can paint it as such, but it isn't an accusation of freeloading.

It's an attempt to make you understand that the pop-ups benefit you, and they do.
    Sure they're irritating, but that doesn't mean they don't benefit you.

If you don't see it there's nothing I can do about it, but that doesn't remove the truth of the statement.

A corporate shill is not one who recognizes that advertising on any site/online game leads to more and better content for users of said site/game, it's one who tries to justify things that only hurt the users, and this is not one of those occasions.

You can paint it as such, but it isn't an accusation of freeloading.

It's an attempt to make you understand that the pop-ups benefit you, and they do.
    Sure they're irritating, but that doesn't mean they don't benefit you.

If you don't see it there's nothing I can do about it, but that doesn't remove the truth of the statement.

A corporate shill is not one who recognizes that advertising on any site/online game leads to more and better content for users of said site/game, it's one who tries to justify things that only hurt the users, and this is not one of those occasions.
    Pop-up ads disabled per user either permanently or for a significant period of time after making a purchase.

Or a small fee to disable pop-up ads and get rid of this intrusive "benefit."

It's not as though there aren't any customer-friendly alternatives to the hard selling approach. In this case a hard selling approach that doesn't even respect the money you've already paid to them.
  • The problem I have with these sort of pop up
    Ads is they show up suddenly when I am
    About to click something else in the game. This creates a potential unwanted purchase. They are messed up. Show me a ad that’s ok. But don’t have it a one click ad to purchase sort of popup.

Before I disabled in game purchase, I accidentally purchased crystals and then I can file a complaint with apple.

Making pop up ads of this sort is dishonest behavior and should not be allowed.
  • Yah nice move my post under Gear and UI. Bury it lol