Is this a good squad?

Hello y'all,
I am a level 74 player and have been playing for around a year.
I am finding my squads power is far behind others in my arena. My power is around 45,000 and others are averaged around 50-60,000. I also, once doing lots of research have found my leader (Mace Windu) is'nt all that awesome. This is my squad now:

Leader: Mace Windu (7 Stars)

Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) (7 Stars)

Rey (Scavenger (5 Stars, Almost to six)

Boba Fett (5 Stars, Almost to six)

Luminara Unduli (4 Stars, Almost to five)

Do you guys have suggestions for better teams or synergies. If possible please keep Rey because she is an important asset!

I do have some other characters I could use like:

Baze (3 star)

Kylo (6 Star)

Darth Sidious (4 star)

Old Ben (4 star)

Talia (5 or 6 star, cant remember)

And some more:
Chewy
Biggs
Finn
Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)
Tarkin
Ahsoka Tano (Young)

And quite a few more!

Any suggestions will help thanks!

Replies

• If you have a swgoh.gg account post that, it will make it easier for people to help you craft a good team for your level.
  • Eclipso wrote: »
    If you have a swgoh.gg account post that, it will make it easier for people to help you craft a good team for your level.

I do I just have to wait so I can get an ally code but thx :smile:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    It's important to note that you may have been playing for about a year but someone who started 6 weeks ago could be more or less the same level as you so I doubt you are playing dailly. You are facing people who are a higher level and have more stars and more gear on their team because of this.

It is probably worth spending a month or six weeks of dailly play farming a brand new team. Pick a character from each store and farm.

Wedge Antilles (cantina energy) and Biggs Darklighter (galactic war) make a very powerful pairing in the core of a group of rebels.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    It's important to note that you may have been playing for about a year but someone who started 6 weeks ago could be more or less the same level as you so I doubt you are playing dailly. You are facing people who are a higher level and have more stars and more gear on their team because of this.

It is probably worth spending a month or six weeks of dailly play farming a brand new team. Pick a character from each store and farm.

Wedge Antilles (cantina energy) and Biggs Darklighter (galactic war) make a very powerful pairing in the core of a group of rebels.

I see! I do more or less play daily but I am a f2p player so it takes a long time. Today I unlocked a 4 star Darth Sidious and it didnt take me overly long because I bought 5 shards of him each day from the squad arena store.
    Do you have any suggestions for good teams with Rey in it?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

I see! I do more or less play daily but I am a f2p player so it takes a long time. Today I unlocked a 4 star Darth Sidious and it didnt take me overly long because I bought 5 shards of him each day from the squad arena store.

Do you complete the dailly activities? I play dailly and started a new account on 22 November. Sure I'm doing well in arena and refreshing energy regularly but the vast majority of my xp comes from completing dailly tasks. Im level 72.

Not sure on any good scavenger Rey teams. She only appears on the meta report with Jedi training Rey, bb8 r2d2 and general Kenobi.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Do you complete the dailly activities? I play dailly and started a new account on 22 November. Sure I'm doing well in arena and refreshing energy regularly but the vast majority of my xp comes from completing dailly tasks. Im level 72.

Not sure on any good scavenger Rey teams. She only appears on the meta report with Jedi training Rey, bb8 r2d2 and general Kenobi.

Yes i do complete the daily activities and Im almost on level 75 but my progress is slow cause i dont get tons of crystals per day
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

Yes i do complete the daily activities and Im almost on level 75 but my progress is slow cause i dont get tons of crystals per day

Dailly activities give about 800 so a day. I've seen sources saying 900 but lets say 800 as it's the lowest figure I've seen.

It takes 122k experience to get to level 74. That's 153 days of dailly activities only at 800 a day. No using energy or cantina energy (I know it's impossible because of needing to use energy to complete daillies).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Scavenger Rey hits hard, but she doesn't have any other utility, and she doesn't synergize with any of the good teams that you will see at your level such as Wedge led rebels or Phoenix. So she really isn't as great as you think she is (until you get Jedi Training Rey). She can work in a zFinn team, which can do well on offense in arena (though it's not that good on defense), but I'm guessing you are a long way from that too. The rest of your arena team except Boba is just bad. You need a tank - Baze or Old Ben can do well if you gear them up. Stormtrooper Han is also a good early tank for rebels.
  • Build your Kylo. Also start working toons that are used to unlock legendaries. Don't worry about Yoda, he's not worth it, but all the rest are.

Farm Phasma and Luminara from the GW store.

Nightsisters are valuable too since they are easy to farm, and gear (only if you have Mother Talzin)

QGJ and Stormtrooper Han are also very useful.

Hope that helps.
  • BeijiraReykvana
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I am a level 74 player and have been playing for around a year.
    I am finding my squads power is far behind others in my arena.
    Don't be mad at me for the following words, they may sound a bit harsh, but I'm just trying to advise you in the best way I can.

If you want to become competitive in the arena, the best thing you could probably do would be to delete/forget your current account and start a new one, following some best practice guide.
    You get put in one arena "shard" with players that start the game at about the same time, and it is virtually impossible to catch up with people that got a better start, as they will always have more resources to become even better. In this game, it is very important to focus on the right characters and good team synergies from the very start.

You seem to rather slow-play it anyway, being only at lvl 74 after one year. I am not the best player either, by far... but even my completely free-to-play second account that I started 8 months ago is lvl 85, has full ANH rebel, empire, resistance, first order, phoenix squads, commander luke skywalker etc.

If you decide to have a fresh start, I would probably go for ANH rebels (Biggs, Lando, Wedge, Stormtrooper Han, Leia/Admiral Ackbar) or Phoenix as a light side team (resistance as soon as you can get Finn) and Imperial troopers (Veers lead) as a dark side team. Plus you need a scoundrel team (Boba Fett and Lando, Stormtrooper Han, potentially Captain Han Solo...) for the credit heist and training droid smuggling events ASAP.
    You can find examples of more elaborated guides here, here or here, but for sure there are a lot more out there in the internet.
    To be competitive, you should try to find a good guild from the very beginning - and make sure you spend at least all the free normal and cantina energy you get every day. Probably it's a good idea to spend any crystals you earn on cantina energy refreshes. You should also make sure to finish all 12 nodes of the Galactic War every day - if you can't, it's a sign you are falling behind average progress.

If arena isn't all that important to you and you just want to continue your old account, I would try to build on your existing resistance chars... build up Finn, give him your first zeta. Try to have an Empire Squad as well, to get R2D2. Both these factions are not really useful in arena, but rather important in other game modes.
    For arena, you might try to use Boba Fett, Biggs, Baze, (Chirrut with him ASAP), and then any of Scavenger Rey, Kylo Ren, Old Ben or Fulcrum Ahsoka.
    Having Wedge as a lead for this team would be a lot better, though.
    Unfortunately, Mace Windu, Luminara and even Jedi Ahsoka are quite useless by now, I'm afraid.

I really don't mean to hurt you, but if you want to really enjoy this game, maybe a fresh start would really be the better option. Most people don't really get it right in the first attempt, neither did I.
    Cheers and good luck!

• I am a level 74 player and have been playing for around a year.
    I am finding my squads power is far behind others in my arena.
    Don't be mad at me for the following words, they may sound a bit harsh, but I'm just trying to advise you in the best way I can.

If you want to become competitive in the arena, the best thing you could probably do would be to delete/forget your current account and start a new one, following some best practice guide.
    You get put in one arena "shard" with players that start the game at about the same time, and it is virtually impossible to catch up with people that got a better start, as they will always have more resources to become even better. In this game, it is very important to focus on the right characters and good team synergies from the very start.

You seem to rather slow-play it anyway, being only at lvl 74 after one year. I am not the best player either, by far... but even my completely free-to-play second account that I started 8 months ago is lvl 85, has full ANH rebel, empire, resistance, first order, phoenix squads, commander luke skywalker etc.

If you decide to have a fresh start, I would probably go for ANH rebels (Biggs, Lando, Wedge, Stormtrooper Han, Leia/Admiral Ackbar) or Phoenix as a light side team (resistance as soon as you can get Finn) and Imperial troopers (Veers lead) as a dark side team. Plus you need a scoundrel team (Boba Fett and Lando, Stormtrooper Han, potentially Captain Han Solo...) for the credit heist and training droid smuggling events ASAP.
    You can find examples of more elaborated guides here, here or here, but for sure there are a lot more out there in the internet.
    To be competitive, you should try to find a good guild from the very beginning - and make sure you spend at least all the free normal and cantina energy you get every day. Probably it's a good idea to spend any crystals you earn on cantina energy refreshes. You should also make sure to finish all 12 nodes of the Galactic War every day - if you can't, it's a sign you are falling behind average progress.

If arena isn't all that important to you and you just want to continue your old account, I would try to build on your existing resistance chars... build up Finn, give him your first zeta. Try to have an Empire Squad as well, to get R2D2. Both these factions are not really useful in arena, but rather important in other game modes.
    For arena, you might try to use Boba Fett, Biggs, Baze, (Chirrut with him ASAP), and then any of Scavenger Rey, Kylo Ren, Old Ben or Fulcrum Ahsoka.
    Having Wedge as a lead for this team would be a lot better, though.
    Unfortunately, Mace Windu, Luminara and even Jedi Ahsoka are quite useless by now, I'm afraid.

I really don't mean to hurt you, but if you want to really enjoy this game, maybe a fresh start would really be the better option. Most people don't really get it right in the first attempt, neither did I.
    Cheers and good luck!

Thanks so much for the detailed review!!!

Unfortunately I dont think I am going to restart but I will take this advice well thanks!!!