Should Vet Smuggler Han Have the "Resistance" Tag Added?

Prev1
I think so. How about you?

Replies

• No. They're not part of the resistance so why would they have that tag?
  • Anyone who sacrifices themselves, whether directly or indirectly for a cause, should at least be given the honor of being part of that cause. So I believe so as well.
  • Why are Tuskens DS? Or Wampa for that matter?

Stupid design strategy to make a square peg fit into a round hole.
  • He kinda helped them before he let himself get whacked by Kylo, so it's something to consider.
  • Yes, they absolutely should be given the tag. There is no argument as to why they don't.

And YES, they did fight for the Resistance, therefore, are part of the Resistance. Especially Chewie since he fought for them in both Ep7 and Ep8.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • No. They're not part of the resistance so why would they have that tag?

This is 100% wrong...unless you haven't watched Episode 7. Then I could see how you would answer in this manner.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Anyone who sacrifices themselves, whether directly or indirectly for a cause, should at least be given the honor of being part of that cause. So I believe so as well.

Eh, I wouldn't call what he did sacrificing himself for the cause. I'd say he sacrificed himself for his son. "I need your help" "whatever you need son" Kylo kills Han.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Yes, they absolutely should be given the tag. There is no argument as to why they don't.

And YES, they did fight for the Resistance, therefore, are part of the Resistance. Especially Chewie since he fought for them in both Ep7 and Ep8.

The devs have already said its a game balance decision. So that's the reason.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Yes, they absolutely should be given the tag. There is no argument as to why they don't.

While you’re correct ... seems like CLS should’ve had his rebel tag removed with that line of thinking lol
  • Jamesm wrote: »

Source?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ploosh wrote: »

While your correct ... seems like CLS should’ve had his rebel tag removed with that line of thinking lol

And make him...nothing?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Anyone who sacrifices themselves, whether directly or indirectly for a cause, should at least be given the honor of being part of that cause. So I believe so as well.

Eh, I wouldn't call what he did sacrificing himself for the cause. I'd say he sacrificed himself for his son. "I need your help" "whatever you need son" Kylo kills Han.

Yeah, definitely not directly for them nor was it NEEDED for the sake of the cause, but I believe it did help them. So indirectly beneficial perhaps.

On a side note, as much of a "good way to go" that his death was, I always pictured him going down with the Falcon.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    NovaPrime wrote: »

Source?

Im not gonna dig it up but it was on reddit when they were announced as JTR requitements.

While you’re correct ... seems like CLS should’ve had his rebel tag removed with that line of thinking lol

All he is is a rebel?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Anyone who sacrifices themselves, whether directly or indirectly for a cause, should at least be given the honor of being part of that cause. So I believe so as well.

SPOILERS!!! :)
  • He kinda helped them before he let himself get whacked by Kylo, so it's something to consider.

"He kinda helped them" is not the same as "he joined them to fight for their cause". Not resistance, therefore no tag.
    Chewie might be a different case, but that depends if he's the version from the beginning of TFA (which seems to be the case, like Vet Han) or the version from TLJ.
  • Stormtrooper han has the rebel tag and he just got caught up in it. Vet han agreed to go to star killer base to see out a resistance mission so yes he should and the ONLY reason he does not is so resistance arnt over powered
  • exec79
    156 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Why are Tuskens DS? Or Wampa for that matter?

**** design strategy to make a square peg fit into a round hole.

and why do wampa has bonus dmg against rebels? lol wth is the explanation for that.?
  • for all i know, Resistance should have rebel tags and take away Resistance tag
    remember when Hux calls them rebels scum
    remove resistance tags and make all Rebels
  • I seem to remember Han and Chewy shooting at First Order Stormtroopers at Maz's Castle? That's taking an active part in the resistance, not just being a coincidental murder. They both actively fought the First Order, isn't that the definition of Resistance?
  • exec79 wrote: »

and why do wampa has bonus dmg against rebels? lol wth is the explanation for that.?

Also Jawa should also be neutral, not LS/DS.

Wampa has bonus dmg vs rebels because half the game is rebels and they're using him to help balance. Not every game decision needs to be rooted in a canon interpretation. I've accepted that.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    NovaPrime wrote: »

Source?

Im not gonna dig it up but it was on reddit when they were announced as JTR requitements.

All he is is a rebel?

He's not a rebel as the rebellion against the empire ended.

Yes he's a scoundrel - because he went back to smuggling, hence the name Veteren Smuggler

Old Ben left his hut on Tatooine to answer the call for help from the Rebellion and train Luke in the ways of the force - it took a long time but eventually the Dev team agreed and he was re-tagged as Rebel, as he rightfully should have been.

Like Old Ben hiding on Tatooine, VS Han turned his back on the galaxy and returned to smuggling, he too answered the call of family which was also the call of the Resistance to destroy Starkiller base - he lead that mission to aid the resistance, like Old Ben he is Resistance because of this.

VS Chewie also requires a Resistance tag, not only because of his involvement like Han described above, but he goes on in E8 where Han does not. Leading a mission with Rey to find and bring back Luke Skywalker - he also took part in the Battle of Crait against the FO as Resistance - of course he requires a resistance tag as well.

None of this is rocket science - they are what they are...Resistance.
  • Han was not part of the resistance. When Ben bounced Han and Leia became estranged. She formed the Resistance afterwards once she realized the First Order was arming up in violation of the treaty with the Imperial Remmnant.

Han returned to smuggling to occupy his time and mind. He blamed himself for Kylo Ren and felt Leia was disappointed and angry with him for his failing their son
  • R2D2 has a Resistance tag and he was in low power mode not doing anything so I'm not real sure why he would deserve the tag any more than Han or Chewbacca.
  • Gotta love when people call each other wrong for their interpretation of a story .

According to CG's guidelines "what would this character call themselves" or whatever, I'd say chewbacca yes, Han no.

As an outsider (not the way CG does tags) id say han did more than most resistance fighters did for the cause
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • When you’re at the meeting with all of the highest ranking officers of a organization, discussing how to blow up the enemy base and it’s decided that you accept the mission to take the only person who has a hope, in the whole galaxy, of destroying said base, to said base, you become a ranked memeber of that organization by default. There is simply no possible way the only hope the Resistance had to destroy SK base was going to be “smuggled” to SK base by anyone that wasn’t Resistance. Vet Han is Resistance.

The idea that Veteran Han and Chewie aren’t Resistance is just silly but, the devs say it’s about balance, and not about whether or not they actually were so, until the power creeps, they’ll just be smugglers.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »

Maybe we have the ones before they helped the resistance? Ever think about that?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • exec79 wrote: »

Because wampa is pist that rebels invaded his home lol. Kinda like having bad neighbors. Neighbor rage
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Riffinator wrote: »

Maybe we have the ones before they helped the resistance? Ever think about that?

The ones that aren't in any books or movies or comics? Seems unlikely but given the lack of tags I guess you're right
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    When you’re at the meeting with all of the highest ranking officers of a organization, discussing how to blow up the enemy base and it’s decided that you accept the mission to take the only person who has a hope, in the whole galaxy, of destroying said base, to said base, you become a ranked memeber of that organization by default. There is simply no possible way the only hope the Resistance had to destroy SK base was going to be “smuggled” to SK base by anyone that wasn’t Resistance. Vet Han is Resistance.

The idea that Veteran Han and Chewie aren’t Resistance is just silly but, the devs say it’s about balance, and not about whether or not they actually were so, until the power creeps, they’ll just be smugglers.

While I agree that it certainly seemed like Han and Chewie were participating in that mission as part of the Resistance, there's an argument to be made against it as well. First, to support the argument, unless Han was there in a very Anti-First Order capacity, he could have just showed up and knocked on the door with a "Hey, is Kylo around?" but instead he actively chose to go the Resistance route.

In opposition of this line of thinking, just because you're doing something alongside a group doesn't automatically make you a part of it. For example, Lando helped the Rebels AND he worked with the Empire. There are other examples of characters who have helped out factions without necessarily being considered a part of them, even in the latest installment one character in particular comes to mind.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    In opposition of this line of thinking, just because you're doing something alongside a group doesn't automatically make you a part of it. For example, Lando helped the Rebels AND he worked with the Empire. There are other examples of characters who have helped out factions without necessarily being considered a part of them, even in the latest installment one character in particular comes to mind.

If “general” leia sent the package (Finn) with anyone other then the absolute cream of the crop, the most loyal soldier, the most decorated and elite of all her army, she would have some pretty serious morale issues. Any serious leader would send their best, not some reckless, fly by the seat of your pants, space jockey who happened to be good at something or two. Finn removing the shield WAS the mission.

There’s simply no way she sends anyone but the best, most respected member of her forces. Han is Resistance.

Lando is a rebel who was forced to do what vader wanted. Listen to his description of Cloud city again.