Game Mechanics Sub-Forum

I'd really like to see the addition of a game mechanics sub forum.

Some place where people can discuss the finer points of things like dodge, potency, crit chance, etc.

I don't feel like discussion of game mechanics is really a guide, but it being a new subforum in the guides and resources overforum sounds great to me.

Hopefully, this can be considered.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Character and squad strategy?

Until the results of the results of the discussion is assembled in a guide.
  • Waqui wrote: »

There is something to be said for that, but they're both more of a "how to make this happen with your characters or whatnot" kind of category, rather than a "how things work behind the scenes" kind of category.

I like both forums, but would like to see one for pure game mechanics as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

There is something to be said for that, but they're both more of a "how to make this happen with your characters or whatnot" kind of category, rather than a "how things work behind the scenes" kind of category.

Unfortunately we don't know and it would all be speculation and probably take a bad turn as many think the game mechanics are rigged.

Any relevant "how it works" can be discussed in the strategy section. Behind the scenes stuff, is always going to be behind the scenes.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Unfortunately we don't know and it would all be speculation and probably take a bad turn as many think the game mechanics are rigged.

Any relevant "how it works" can be discussed in the strategy section. Behind the scenes stuff, is always going to be behind the scenes.

Well, it wouldn't all be speculation. The way potency and tenacity interact was codemined. Swgoh.gg has game mechanics on its website (though it is incomplete).

So some of it would be speculation, but that would make room for testing, which would make it not speculation and explain how things work behind the scenes.

To tell the truth the whole reason I asked for the forum was because strategy and guides are the closest thing to it, but game mechanics don't really fit well under either category. :joy: There's no strategy involved, and they can't be altered, so discussions about it aren't guides either.

Without an actual subforum for it, I don't see the geeks who love the scientific method coming together with me to answer the questions about game mechanics. And I'm sure there are plenty of geeks out there who would love to do just that. It would enable me and my fellow geeks to play the game as we would like... doing redundant testing in weird scenarios... but no one's going to go to the strategy section to look for that kind of thread because the overcategory doesn't fit.

All of these reasons are why I have requested this subforum.