What do you do to make GoH more interesting?

Beviin_Skirata
127 posts Member
edited January 2018
I know some of you, like myself, can get bored with the same routine or feel that some things are just too easy. So I have this nice little way I like to play my GW. I tested it out for about 2 weeks and have loved the results so far. It's really simple.

I have a list of characters that have to meet a certain point. Mainly for me they have to be at least gear level 8. Don't matter what star or skill though I do try to keep them level 809 and skills at 7 if possible. But I take all my gear 8s and higher and place them on a list, currently 1-86. Then I use random.org to Build my team of randomly selected characters. I'll take the team and run it through GW as much as I can, and when one dies I don't replace them . I wait until the whole team died then will go through the same process of generating another team at random. Then will continue on in GW until I've beaten it.

I can honestly say it's been a lot of fun doing this. I've built up some terribly random teams to play with in GW. I know some may ask what about your leader abilities? Well I've only had once where I didn't get a leader skill. or will only have 1 character with a lead and they end up dying right away. Characters will only have some junk mods unless I managed to pull one of my better geared/trained toons. So anyone wanting to do this feel free! If you generated some really crazy random teams that you wanna tell me or others interested in this post, go for it! I have also considered an idea to add on to my play that if I have a dead team member and I draw a character shard from prizes, then I'd add that character to the team.

Also, what are some things others have thought of to make the game a bit more interesting? I know there are some limitations as to what can be done, but I think it would be interesting to see.

Replies

• I am still leveling teams and trying to find balance. Still too new to really feel like anything is stale other than fleet battles. I have a team almost all gear 10 and I know things get interesting at GS 12. I don’t have a single character under GS 8 that is above 80 and very few in the 50-70 range lower than GS7. It’s just priorities for unlocks and prepping for legend returns.
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    My most scarce resource in game is time, so I just put in Phoenix and press auto. If I had time I'd do a mod tear down and overhaul first.

When a few members in guild use to not have 7* Han, we'd let them go all out on Pit, then pick a random faction for the rest to 1hit with. Closest without going over won...bragging rights or something. Was fun though. Now most of guild just 0 hits.

Don't think this is as much lack of interest so much as time constraints, at least on my end and most I've talked to. With TB/TW & events running near constant, arena & fleet payouts an hour apart, 3 bonus energy times, and always upgrading/modding/gearing characters daily play is pushing at least an hour or two.
  • Just countdown until I have all characters at 7 star getting close to under 30 left to go, the more I have the better my guilds TBs will go.
  • I am a collector. So far 104 7* toons only a couple of those less than g8. I haven't mastered high end gear. 1 g12 18 g11 17 g10 18 g9 and the rest are g7/8. So I collect. Finished paploo tonight. Started grievous /sigh. He's my last farmable character not unlocked. Then it's on to the hyoda/wampa grind. I do try wierd combos. Like today's tb I split resistance up. Ran zfinn poe trooper pilot with gk. Ran the reys r2 bb8 and cassian. 6/6 on both.
  • So far I enjoy the game due to my guildmates. We start from scratch and were able to finish heroic rancor last year. We kept pushing forward our roster and few weeks ago we were able to finish the heroic AAT, what a wonderful moment when we finally succeed to finish it ! Now the main interest is TW. This mod is awesome as it is no more a one OP team building. We can now build secondaries teams with good synergies in order to be pain in the **** for the opponents ^^ Really enjoy this.

For the rest :
    - GW : not challenging, using zeta maul, piece of cake but still far more better than before
    - Arena : boring as hell, Luke r2 han everywhere (myself included unfortunately but have no choice)
    - TB : quite fun, we try to optimise our roster (it would be much better with 4 battles instead of 6 for LS like DS)

Main problem : too much time consuming but I guess I prefer that than nothing to do ! ^^
  • I pick a faction and run get on auto. As toons die I replace them with another in faction until all are dead. I leave out the strongest toons like RJT and CLS. Running my crappy empire (other than thrawn) is pretty fun. Also gives me a chance to see how my DS are coming along. I miss the challenge of gw, but I sure don't miss not getting the currency.
  • Order my roster by 'power' and add 1 piece of gear, or rank up 1 ability or increase a few levels....

With a roster missing ?4 toons this gets expensive but it's fun
  • Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    I am a collector. So far 104 7* toons only a couple of those less than g8. I haven't mastered high end gear. 1 g12 18 g11 17 g10 18 g9 and the rest are g7/8. So I collect. Finished paploo tonight. Started grievous /sigh. He's my last farmable character not unlocked. Then it's on to the hyoda/wampa grind. I do try wierd combos. Like today's tb I split resistance up. Ran zfinn poe trooper pilot with gk. Ran the reys r2 bb8 and cassian. 6/6 on both.

I don't understand this mindset.
  • I know some of you, like myself, can get bored with the same routine or feel that some things are just too easy. So I have this nice little way I like to play my GW. I tested it out for about 2 weeks and have loved the results so far. It's really simple.

I have a list of characters that have to meet a certain point. Mainly for me they have to be at least gear level 8. Don't matter what star or skill though I do try to keep them level 809 and skills at 7 if possible. But I take all my gear 8s and higher and place them on a list, currently 1-86. Then I use random.org to Build my team of randomly selected characters. I'll take the team and run it through GW as much as I can, and when one dies I don't replace them . I wait until the whole team died then will go through the same process of generating another team at random. Then will continue on in GW until I've beaten it.

I can honestly say it's been a lot of fun doing this. I've built up some terribly random teams to play with in GW. I know some may ask what about your leader abilities? Well I've only had once where I didn't get a leader skill. or will only have 1 character with a lead and they end up dying right away. Characters will only have some junk mods unless I managed to pull one of my better geared/trained toons. So anyone wanting to do this feel free! If you generated some really crazy random teams that you wanna tell me or others interested in this post, go for it! I have also considered an idea to add on to my play that if I have a dead team member and I draw a character shard from prizes, then I'd add that character to the team.

I just started doing this, thanks for the tip! It's making the drudgery of GW less...drudging
  • I want a mode to challenge guildmates. No energy involved, no rewards, just to be able to test teams and battle more when I'm bored
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    To answer the OP's thread title, its simple - add more toons and more ships.

SOme of the most iconic toons and ships are nowhere to be found!

Han & Chewie Falcon?
    ROTJ Luke?
    Jango Fett?
    Padme?
    Darths Revan, Malak, Sion & Traya?
    Luke's X-wing?

The list is endless
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    With more toons etc. - faction battles you need a full tieam of Ewoks, Empire, FO etc etc to play, could be cool.
  • Boo wrote: »

Han & Chewie Falcon?
    ROTJ Luke?
    Jango Fett?
    Padme?
    Luke's X-wing?

The list is endless

Jango isn't iconic. He's lame, dying in lame ways is in his DNA. Marksman skills are also in question. :p

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Han & Chewie Falcon?
    ROTJ Luke?
    Jango Fett?
    Padme?
    Luke's X-wing?

The list is endless

Jango isn't iconic. He's lame, dying in lame ways is in his DNA. Marksman skills are also in question. :p

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nerd complaint: stormtroopers aren’t clone trooper. Clone production was disbanded shortly after revenge of the sith.
  • That's right, I forgot. So...you're saying it's trooper tradition not to hit things? :D

Han & Chewie Falcon?
    ROTJ Luke?
    Jango Fett?
    Padme?
    Luke's X-wing?

The list is endless

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Jango's outfit was colorful looking and his pistols make unique sound effects, and in a game like this, I guess that is all that really matters :)
  • That's right, I forgot. So...you're saying it's trooper tradition not to hit things? :D

Naw. Clones were pretty accurate, and the only time I remember stormtroopers being useful is on the tantive IV. Still like them tho.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

Han & Chewie Falcon?
    ROTJ Luke?
    Jango Fett?
    Padme?
    Luke's X-wing?

The list is endless

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nerd complaint: stormtroopers aren’t clone trooper. Clone production was disbanded shortly after revenge of the sith.

SOme troopers were still clones - like the trooper who bumps his head in the Death Star (ANH), Jango's "head bump" on Slave 1 (AOTC) was a direct reference to the stormtrooper's "blooper" - but maybe this just adds weight that Jango was a bit of a blooper himself, lol
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You'd shoot inaccurately too if you fired from the hip! Stormtrooper blasters need a longer buttstock and better optics.

But to answer the OP, I guess being involved in my guild takes the boredom away. I help the newer players. Sometimes I try to beat GW or omega battles or whatever random events pop up with as weak a team as possible.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
    Boo wrote: »

Han & Chewie Falcon?
    ROTJ Luke?
    Jango Fett?
    Padme?
    Luke's X-wing?

The list is endless

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SOme troopers were still clones - like the trooper who bumps his head in the Death Star (ANH), Jango's "head bump" on Slave 1 (AOTC) was a direct reference to the stormtrooper's "blooper" - but maybe this just adds weight that Jango was a bit of a blooper himself, lol

Yeah I know, there is a suspected clone trooper in the first episode of Rebels
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I would set up faction specific challenges for EVERY faction.
    Each level or tier (for every 10k GP) could be played once per day.
    Your strongest faction would not be allowed to progress more than 1 level further than your weakest faction could manage.
    These faction challenges would replace omega battles and a few other trivial events.
    The difficulty would keep scaling upwards until it was unbeatable.
  • Ive been gearing and leveling my toons to match with their actual power lol for example my gm yoda is gear 11 but my phoenix is mostly G7-G9 or my vader/anakin are G12. Have enjoyed doing this
  • I would add random arena bonuses/penalties every day. Bonuses similar to TW/TB/raid bonuses. Or even just flat stat bonuses. Apply a random bonus and a random penalty to random groups each day. For example, all healers get protection up whenever they use an ability and all Jedi have -50% Defense. This would make arena a different game every day, with an evolving meta and new theory crafting that can be done all the time.