New Rey in platoons?

I have RJT, but requiring her in platoons is just plain ridiculous. Most of us here agree that non-farmable toons should NOT be in platoon requirements, but at least there is logic behind requiring some p2p toons as it encourages people to spend money unlocking them. However, no one needs the additional motivation of a platoon requirement as an incentive to get RJT. This is comparable to putting CLS in there, which is a disastrous idea that is probably not too far away from being implemented. Also, this may come as a surprise, but people who put in the considerable effort to unlock RJT want to use her in gameplay rather than stuff her in a platoon. I really hate the whole concept of devoting time and resources to a character only to have them fill a requirement slot.

Replies

• +1
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    It seems to me that 7* RJT are more common than 5* KRU. I'm fine with both being in platoons.
  • The whole point of platoons was to make use of otherwise useless toons. But then they realized that they had another cashgrab opportunity, and they are making the most of it. No surprise.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Ridiculous!
    .... play, do what we we can, try to have fun.... they will never force me to do anything! We all are very addicted, it's true, but.... it's a game.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    It seems to me that 7* RJT are more common than 5* KRU. I'm fine with both being in platoons.

My main argument is not about how common they are, although this is a secondary concern of mine. I got JTR without spending money, but I put in a lot of effort, and I was really disappointed that I was expected to put her in the platoon to help my guild. I want to use this character as much as possible in gameplay, but I reluctantly donated her for the good of the guild. If I had spent hundreds of dollars to unlock her (or KRU for instance), there is zero chance that I would have done that. I would never spend money on a character just to put them in platoons.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    We figured that on average 5-6 guild members would have to spend money for p2p toons in order to complete platoons. Maybe CG think we live in some kind of community and share income.
  • big_bad wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

My main argument is not about how common they are, although this is a secondary concern of mine. I got JTR without spending money, but I put in a lot of effort, and I was really disappointed that I was expected to put her in the platoon to help my guild. I want to use this character as much as possible in gameplay, but I reluctantly donated her for the good of the guild. If I had spent hundreds of dollars to unlock her (or KRU for instance), there is zero chance that I would have done that. I would never spend money on a character just to put them in platoons.

That's just it. With the goal posts being moved like they are and this [redacted] system where you don't get to use your toons in new content - where's the fun? Platoons have been garbage since inception. Playing the same 6/6 waves are garbage too. I know some people have fun with that - I'm at a loss over where the fun is.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • big_bad wrote: »

Agree 100% - putting a toon in platoon jail and not being able to use them is a terrible design for a game that's supposed to be fun. Who wants to NOT use their most recent built / purchased / new toy? Just makes no sense.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    big_bad wrote: »
    This is comparable to putting CLS in there, which is a disastrous idea that is probably not too far away from being implemented.

CLS isn't in platoons because he's a "hoth hero" and the heroes for that particular TB are left out of all platoons. If they do a new LS TB map that's resistance focused, I imagine JTRey will be a hero and CLS will be in platoons.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    big_bad wrote: »

People can still use RJT in all other aspects of the game. The same goes for HY, KRU, Wampa etc. when they appear in platoons. People invested in them to play them — and to be able to help out their guild in guild events. RJT is not unique in this.

And still: Platoons are part of the game as well. It's no different than putting Rey in a defensive squad in TW. It all serves a purpose in the guild event. But in the end it's all up to you. You decide wether you want to assign her in a platoon or a defensive team.
  • +1
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • It’s a shady move. Due to the infrequency and initial inaccessibility of it due to a paywalls, her inclusion in platoons should not have occurred until after her second run. I have her, but I’m not cool with this.