Theorycrafted Zader team for use in arena

2Next

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Dryff wrote: »
    @Woodroward GK cleanses the AoE Daze on his first turn. You DEFINITELY wouldn't want to launch the Wampa's AoE before that cleanse or you're in even worse shape than the scenario I described...you won't stick Daze on CLS longer than a single turn with ANY squad.

Both of our examples would be assuming your Thrawn is faster than theirs too. In fact, your Thrawn would have to be faster than an enemy CLS as well, since he will feed 10% turn meter to the rest of the enemy team.

Not trying to burst your bubble, just trying to work out how this team could possibly work against the meta.

Oh, I get it. I already explained how it could. I pointed out the flaws in your response to me. I didn't make assumptions based on a desire to be right. Of course the Thrawn would have to be faster than theirs to go first. Faster than CLS? Maybe, depends on which Zetas he has and whether debuffs land.

Wampa's AoE Daze would have to be launched on CD for any CLS lead team. Not doing so would mean having to wait a whole extra round to drop Force Crush, or dooming Vader to death once you did. GK's cleanse is irrelevant once you get that off.

I appreciate your interest and the fact that you responded. I don't appreciate that you think I didn't consider these things. I asked for feedback looking for things I hadn't considered and, unfortunately for you, your concerns were already taken into account. So there's no bubble to be burst with what you have said here, thank you.

• SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I unlocked Wampa and he is really fun to play. Tried several comps, even Vader lead, but i think against this current rebel counter meta is hard. The problem is, even if u have 2 tanks, enemy Luke and Thrawn will buff imunity and fracture both, so when Vader trigger force crush he's about to get killed or stunned. With some luck Wampa daze helps there, but seems not enough.

There's many videos trying that combo Vader/Wampa, it's a lot about good rng to work out. Plus too many cleaners around. I runned sith assassin alongside, no success there too. I think Vader needs a huge buff to be arena viable again.

Unfortunately i don't see any hope here, when devs keeping releasing op LS toons and mediocre DS ones.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    I unlocked Wampa and he is really fun to play. Tried several comps, even Vader lead, but i think against this current rebel counter meta is hard. The problem is, even if u have 2 tanks, enemy Luke and Thrawn will buff imunity and fracture both, so when Vader trigger force crush he's about to get killed or stunned. With some luck Wampa daze helps there, but seems not enough.

There's many videos trying that combo Vader/Wampa, it's a lot about good rng to work out. Plus too many cleaners around. I runned sith assassin alongside, no success there too. I think Vader needs a huge buff to be arena viable again.

Unfortunately i don't see any hope here, when devs keeping releasing op LS toons and mediocre DS ones.

Aye, that's why I was thinking heals over tanks. The 2 types more or less fill the same role. Cleansing isn't much of an issue once you drop force crush.
  • Zader teams have the potential to be really scary, especially since no one runs tenacity up anymore but unfortunately they're too slow to probably do well. Zader, wampa, and thrawn could be a decent trio, but I think shaman and shore are too slow and don't provide enough overall utility to be the answer in the other spots.

You'll have to find a way to fit another dot dealer and tank in there, while also having a tm manipulator or stunner/controller in there to make this work

That's also why Shaman actually. He drops 2 DoTs on his basic attack, as well as healing people (which increases based on the number of DoTs).

Only reason people weren't running him with Zader before was because he was too squishy for arena.
  • Now we're post-updates, any new thoughts on this? With EP's new lead shining really well, and Thrawn's leadership still being viable, is there a place for Zader(with or without wampa)?
    I wonder if any more surprises are in store for us for February: Maybe Vader's lead will get some boost, or some more Sith toons will be announced? Obviously, the raid will bring something, but other than that...
    We'll see. I like Vader's kit now, post-upgrades; I want to see if he'll lead in arena viably.