Gear 12 request.

Just out of curiosity....but does anybody know why we can't request gear 12 from our guild members?

Replies

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Same reason we can't request gear 10-11 Tank components, because the devs said "no".
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    because the devs said "no".

+1
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • and for good reason, everyone needs that stuff. One should not feel obliged to donate away gear they need and refusal often offends. So by restricting the G12 gear and the Tank drops we eliminate those potentially awkward moments. I'm sure once it is needed less then the restrictions will be relaxed but until then it works fine.
    I fight the good fight
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.

• DoraTheDestroyer
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Dreislao wrote: »
    One should not feel obliged to donate away gear they need and refusal often offends....we eliminate those potentially awkward moments.

Its awkward for you? when i request for mk3 carbantis i dont make a list of who didnt donate to me in order to save that list for when its payback to withhold gear for donation requests. thats weird dont you think.
  • Some people get upset when their gear requests aren't filled. Had a guildie make a big stink and leave over it. Seems totally over the top, but yeah ... some people are like that. Myself, I don't participate in the gear swap 'feature'. I think it's a zero-sum endeavor.
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Same reason we can't request gear 10-11 Tank components, because the devs said "no".

Thanks for the information Captain Obvious. I know that. What I was asking was does anybody no why we can't?

As for awkwardness or getting mad....if people don't donate to me, whatever. If I can donate I will and if I can't I won't. I think it helps more to F2P players so I like it. My guild helps each other a ton.
  • I only ask for gear thats potentially easily given, like when Im gearing a low gear person and there is some gear that needs 4 items, 3 of which I have lots of, then Ill request that 1 extra thing. Being that it is a low gear item I can get 10 donated and most people arent too concerned with hoarding those so they get filled quickly and easily.

It makes no sense to me to request holos or carbantis or the like cause everyone needs them and I cant expect everyone to donate things they are currently farming.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Myself, I don't participate in the gear swap 'feature'. I think it's a zero-sum endeavor.

I guess I'm glad you aren't in my guild then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Myself, I don't participate in the gear swap 'feature'. I think it's a zero-sum endeavor.

I guess I'm glad you aren't in my guild then.

The feeling is mutual, I'm sure.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yeah I know, right? My guildmates are constantly complaining about all the gear I donate to them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well, I don't ask for gear. And I'm pretty sure my guildmates are ok with not donating to me. If trading carbontis back and forth every day makes you feel good about yourself, that's fine. I just don't see the point.
  • The concept of the guild is IMO: "Strength thru cooperation and sharing of the spoils" i.e. rewards and yes sometimes gear with a fellow guildy in need. Gear requests and donations are a bellwether for what sort of members you have in your guild. Members that never donate or ask for gear have no business in a guild. That whole attitude of "I've got mine, go get your own, is childish ****" - a guildie like that should be booted pronto, they are taking up a decent player's space. Besides maybe the Ann Rand Paul club will let 'em join their guild of greed and selfishness?!! Lol!