Arena team against JTR (no Thrawn)

RogueMorgothT
84 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hi guys!

I can't take JTR and looks like my all shard can hahahahaha What I gonna do? I have no good Thrawn and actually I use GK Zarris CLS R2D2 and DN.

What is the best team that I can put in arena? (We have just one NS team - thanks God!)

Is Rex lead a good option against JTR?

My SWGOH.GG https://swgoh.gg/u/roguemorgothtimelord/

Thanks a lot!

Replies

• It's quite hard to counter jtrey without Thrawn...Fracturing her makes it easy (unless there are also GK and old ben)
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    You can try Raid Han instead of Nihilus. I see you don't have zeta yet, but his bonus shot can still stun BB-8. Also, his basic shoots through JTR foresight, which will remove tm and her offense buffs. Don't use it on BB-8 unless he is stealthed because you don't want to get double countered...but if you do stealth him with R2, focus on BB-8. Could be worth a zeta.
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    A fast titans team can beat her. I run JTR, and a guy on my shard is hard for me to beat because his Thrawn and R2 are so fast, as is his CLS. He runs CLS(l), Thrawn, Han, R2 and GK. Speed will do it. They often stun R2, fracture my GK and take out BB8 before I have a chance to do much.
  • I have the same team as you without Thrawn as well. Maybe Asajj will work cause she eats all the buffs? Otherwise I'm completely dead in arena.
  • u have rex? use rex(l) cls dn gk zarris. prioritise speed on dn and zarris for control/cleanse. zarris will help to delay damage while the 2.5 cleanse staves off ID. CLS opens up targets for dn to annihilate. kill jtr first not bb8.
  • Shardmate runs a CLS (l) Thrawn R2 GK Assaj, and it seems to work great
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Hi guys!

I can't take JTR and looks like my all shard can hahahahaha What I gonna do? I have no good Thrawn and actually I use GK Zarris CLS R2D2 and DN.

If you replace CLS with Han Zolo, you will have an easier (not easy) time against RJT teams. His stuns and shots through foresight are more valuable than what CLS brings to the team.
  • Guys, I'm really grateful for all your help.

I think that will be more easier to use Rex lead, because he's g11. I don't have zetas to use on Raid Han or R2 and my Thrawn/Asajj are really weak.

I'll try rex l with gk zarris dn and cls. If it works, I gonna tell you, ok?

Thanks a lot! :smiley::heart:
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I dont think zariss will work.
    But rex lead can definitely do the job.
    Of course, you dont have thrawn which is the problem.

Try this:
    Rex, GK, r2, raid han, dn.

You need r2 burn to prevent JTR teams from reducing their cooldowns with his burn. You need han solo for his stuns and tm reduction. DN can help reducing cooldowns, especially if he is zetad he can do it more effectively.

But raid han should be your next zeta
  • I currently run a cls chaze r2 rhan squad. So far only 1 jrey squad I can't beat. And it's because his bb8 constantly keeps foresight after getting hit 3-4 times without getting a turn. I usually burn bb8 dead if I can before he gets a turn. Problem is solved
  • Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    I currently run a cls chaze r2 rhan squad. So far only 1 jrey squad I can't beat. And it's because his bb8 constantly keeps foresight after getting hit 3-4 times without getting a turn. I usually burn bb8 dead if I can before he gets a turn. Problem is solved

I can beat JTR squads with the team you have.
    However, i dont waste my time trying to remove bb8 evasion because he gets it back when you damage him. Ignore him (except if he has no evasion or with raid han) or leave him till the end. After killing their tank, i have great success killing r2 next.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Forget Rex. He's viable, but you might as well gear up thrawn.
    Please ignore my first post.
    I hadnt checked your profile.

I use two setups:
    CLS, Raid Han, r2, GK, leia

That above is your ideal setup, with thrawn instead of leia.

Your setup for now should be:
    CLS, Raid Han, r2, Chaze

One of my shardmates was having trouble with JTR teams with CLS and Chaze so i found an easy technique.

Basically, stun jtr, kill tank, kill r2 (or rey scavenger)

https://youtu.be/60f_mwRiIAg
    https://youtu.be/rUdzBoxUl1Q

This team can also beat NS...stun ventris, buff immunity zombie, kill daka, kill ventris kill mt. But dont buff yourself until ventris is dead.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    I seek out JTR teams with CLS R2 Raid Han Wiggs. Since I don't have a mass dispeller like Baze, I usually keep stunning R2 to avoid smokescreen. Ignore BB8 and JTR at first because of the foresight, just kill whomever is in the other two spots.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF i love climbing with that team. Nuke factory
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    There's nothing more satisfying than Biggs attacking, calling Wedge to attack which applies defense down, and then calling CLS to attack which stuns...provided they aren't already dead.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Guys! Good news :D Rex lead is working really well. I'm using rex, cls, gk, zarris and dn.Zarris save me a lot hahahaha but I need more attack, so, I'll invest in Raid Han to use in arena.

But I can reach 1st place (when the terrible ns team is not there ahhahahaha) now with rex lead.

Thanks for all your tips, ok?

May the force be with you!
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    You can try Raid Han instead of Nihilus. I see you don't have zeta yet, but his bonus shot can still stun BB-8. Also, his basic shoots through JTR foresight, which will remove tm and her offense buffs. Don't use it on BB-8 unless he is stealthed because you don't want to get double countered...but if you do stealth him with R2, focus on BB-8. Could be worth a zeta.

This. Even easier if Raid Han is zeta'd. I run CLS, R2, DN, Raid Han and GK. There are very few JTRey teams I can't beat. Double BB8 to start. The rest is easy. Just remember (as crzydroid pointed out) Raid Han's basic shoots through foresight.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Use Mother Talzin

I use GK, zariss, r2, CLS, and MT. They usually end up killing their self by plague. Bb8's special causes them to spread plague so fast they seriously just commit suicide by plague. It is hilarious. Only the God mod squads I have issues with.
  • Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm typically hovering around the 50-100 range on my shard, and don't generally have any trouble beating JTR teams. I run an Ackbar leader with Commander Luke, R2, Hermit Yoda, and Thrawn. You've got to control General Kenobi and R2 with stun and fracture (these two characters seem to be a staple of every JTR team). Then pick off BB-8. Once BB-8 is dead, the match is won.

JTR teams rely upon BB-8's Illuminated Destiny, so all you've got to do is deny BB-8 the ability to use it.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Moroveus
    Trying to kill bb8 early wont work when they zeta his counter, which calls assists.

And the OP doesnt have thrawn
  • I never attack bb8, it's suicide :) usually I attack jtr first and anihilate bb8. Normally it works well.