Veteran smuggler Chewbacca ability question

So I am a little confused about how veteran Chewbacca's unique ability works. It says that he gains offense until he uses 2 abilities. Now does his basic attack count as an ability? If not it seems like Chewbacca has been made even more interesting, but I'm pretty sure I'm reading into it all wrong.

Replies

• A basic attack is an ability, yes.
  • Well that sucks. What's the point of the offense boost if it doesn't last? The most chewy will get is like 24% offense or something for a short time.
  • Well the Wookie still hits like a freight train ;) I have seen this team: ALL G12 Krum lead(I think he has a zeta), Zylo, Phasma, 2 Vets
    The combo was tougher than I thought and I'm still figuring out what should be the optimal strategy against them
  • He gets 12% stacking offense at the start of each enemy turn (not each of his turns), for what amounts to basically two of Chewie's turns. So, he will get a lot more than 24%. If all five enemies each went twice before his second turn, he will have stacked 120% offense.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    He gets 12% stacking offense at the start of each enemy turn (not each of his turns), for what amounts to basically two of Chewie's turns. So, he will get a lot more than 24%. If all five enemies each went twice before his second turn, he will have stacked 120% offense.

That must be it because I stun locked him for a while until I couldn't check him anymore for some reason and then the Chewie...