Speed mods

So I've been getting mixed reviews regarding speed mods. I hear that most characters only need like one good speed arrow mod but I'm a little concerned. About how much speed does a character need to be any good and how much speed from an arrow mod is considered best? I have a lot of strong characters but in some cases I feel like they can't get an attack in anywhere. Like my empire team is great but when I try to do the final tier of the r2 event they get clobbered. I've been told that speed is top priority but how much?

Replies

• Options
    Arrow should always be 30 speed. Have four speed mods in other spots and have atleast a secondary effect on each mod have some speed. Most people who have CLS have around 240 speed on him. Speed kills.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    So basically I need to focus on a really good arrow speed mod and then find other speed mods with secondary effects that deal with Speed? Makes sense. Now as far as characters go does it matter who gets a lot of Speed? I mean some characters are gonna need critical damage and chance mods and others possibly health.
  • Options
    For most PvE events, 200 operational speed is the benchmark.

Some toons are incapable of reaching 200 speed with the needed mods? Get as close as you can.
  • Options
    For top arena teams you need every toon usually with at least +90 / +100 speed (there are some exceptions in some comps) and you will need some toons with +120 speed to work properly (r2, sabine, thrawn...)
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    Arrow mod needs to be 5 dot for +30 speed, 4 speed set mods for bonus, and speed secondaries on every mod except the speed primary arrow, speed kills
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Osik wrote: »
    Arrow mod needs to be 5 dot for +30 speed, 4 speed set mods for bonus, and speed secondaries on every mod except the speed primary arrow, speed kills

pretty much this.
    In some cases it's better to use non-speed set mods because the speed secondaries are way higher than the ones on your speed set mods though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Yes the speed secondaries are much more important than the speed set.
  • Options
    just look at my arena squad and thats the type of mods you'll need end game. And ive seen much better too
    https://swgoh.gg/u/let qui gons b qui gons/
  • Options
    5dot arrow for the +30 speed, all other mods with the best speed secondaries you can get your hands on, And a full speed set if they have the speed secondaries to make it worth while.
    For the secondary speeds having 10+ is optimal for high end battles but every little bit helps.
    Also make sure you get the right primary stats on your triangle and the bottom cross and circle. If you are modding an attacker and you chose a triangle with +7 speed but it has a defense primary, you might be better off dropping that speed to get the critical chance or critical damage primary. Same thing for the cross and circle with protection primaries, or potency or tenacity if need be.
  • Options
    Speed mods are absolutely crucial in the top of arena. A player that takes 1 daily will have plus 110 or higher on all his arena toons with few exception (GK can be forgiven ) but jtr r2 bb8 thrawn etc all have to be much faster , over 110 extra speeds. Some have over 120 and above (god mods)