Barriss Offee changes

Replies

• I would only seek refunds for situations like this big character nerf. Getting refunds to get free stuff seems like theft.
  • Vallik wrote: »
    Skye wrote: »

google used to be quick with refunds with Marvel Puzzle quest too, but that option also result in people being locked out of their accounts afterwards... As google itself can not remove the purchases you made within the game...

So if you got your money back, be prepared to lose access to that account you had made your purchases...

This is what happened to some users that requested a refund for purchases they made in Marvel Puzzle quest... I'm not sure if EA will do this, but I would prepare for the worst when it comes to losing access to that account. It'll probably be a lot easier to lock you out the account than remove the items you had purchased and got a refund for.

if thats the route they go then i can get refunded on the rest of the purchases and come away clean

Exactly
    .......it'll cost more to fight a $50 refund(and lock peeps out).....cause most peeps who bought the pack , have spent more, week in, And wk out......... all I know is amex has back if it came down to that.

But it seems EA is gonna, make it right. ..and that all we want......we don't want to be taken advantage of.

• ewok
    149 posts Member
    Fighton wrote: »
    Vallik wrote: »

google used to be quick with refunds with Marvel Puzzle quest too, but that option also result in people being locked out of their accounts afterwards... As google itself can not remove the purchases you made within the game...

So if you got your money back, be prepared to lose access to that account you had made your purchases...

This is what happened to some users that requested a refund for purchases they made in Marvel Puzzle quest... I'm not sure if EA will do this, but I would prepare for the worst when it comes to losing access to that account. It'll probably be a lot easier to lock you out the account than remove the items you had purchased and got a refund for.

if thats the route they go then i can get refunded on the rest of the purchases and come away clean

Exactly
    .......it'll cost more to fight a $50 refund(and lock peeps out).....cause most peeps who bought the pack , have spent more, week in, And wk out......... all I know is amex has back if it came down to that.

But it seems EA is gonna, make it right. ..and that all we want......we don't want to be taken advantage of.

You'll probably be compensated a couple hundred crystals :).
  • ewok wrote: »
    Fighton wrote: »

Exactly

You'll probably be compensated a couple hundred crystals :).

Thx god I need those 300 crystals lmfao
    A
  • My thing is if they're giving you a refund you shouldnt have Bariss at all.
  • I could live without Barris. If Capital Games iffered me $50 in In-game currency I'd probably take it. Or $50 towards the new pack. The Problem with taking a character is that people may have invested $70 in energy refils to gear her to level VII armor, which is my case. I think CG wanted to do the right balance, and has sold something for $50 that is now worth less. She was OP, and expensive. When you make the right think (big nerf, much needed) you need to understand that people paid for certain skills. They made a purchase. And are not happy. I will not be surpised when CG offers some kind of compensation. People need to know they can buy reliably and preserve what they bought.
  • Fighton wrote: »

Exactly

Exactly this.

I haven't applied for a refund yet and don't really want to.

I just want what I paid for, or something close to it.

If I don't get that, then I will apply for a refund. People are talking about accounts being locked and so on. If that were to happen I'd also be applying for refunds for all of the other packs and crystals I have bought.

It might not be deliberate but the way these changes were made appear predatory and exploitative. I mean they sold this pack at a premium price as a limited time offer, then as soon as the limited time was over they changed it, including changing what had already been purchased.

I am a sucker for these games, I know they want to get as much money out me as possible from me and I'm happy to go along with it, but I'm not prepared to be taken advantage of in such a blatant manner.
    You guys dont deserve a refund, that's what you get for being so thirsty for arena ranks.

Most were level 23 noobs back then. How is that for being "thirsty for arena ranks"?? Getting the Jedi pack, yes, most thought Windu was still "Bad Mo' Fo" and bought him. But Barriss?? It was more, "Barriss is one of the best heroes in the game, tanky, great healer, and a difficult to get 4 star! GET HER!!!" remarks from veteran players. Of course, we make our own decisions, but still, it's hardly "thirsty" for greatness and many were just learning the ropes back then. Even so, who'd knew what STARS did for the hero or what GEARS did for stats.

Buying Barriss was a leap of faith from players. We trusted the hero and we trusted the vets and above all, we trusted the company. $50 isn't cheap and it would not be enough for a viable top 25 rank team. You need to pay much more in order to crack and stay in the "arena ranks" as you mentioned.

• xsebx
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    As far as getting banned for a refund, yes it happens. I played EA's Need For Speed World fanatically, poured in hundreds of dollars. I got one refund of $10 and with in 24 hours, my whole account was gone and I never got it back even with many months (EA email customer support is not in any hurry I assure you) of pleading/begging for understanding. There are countless such stories of folks getting banned from Simpson's Tapped Out (also EA) after refunds. I decided from the start I'd never drop a dime on this game. Just going to stick to F2P. I did purchase the Dooku pack, but I got it from Google Opinion Rewards (surveys for google bucks) earnings so I still consider that free. I'd never consider paying anything more than $5 here or there for extra content. I'll grind for everything possibly free and have fun. I can't wrap my mind around spending my electric bill for a few toons that will end up nerfed.
  • Didnt they all use barris to win a ton of maps and gain mats and levels anyway? They got their use out of the character, no one should be allowed a refund for using it. You chose to pay for the pack, not get a free rental on technicalities.

If they refund barris, they should be docked 1 level per day of having her.
  • EA_Jesse did respond earlier that we would get an answer to this. Because of all the fuzz we made.
    It's a good thing to know they listen. Having updates and character patches is normal in an RPG game.
    I can understand the feeling of betrayal if you bought it and it got changed (so fast). I also bought the pack but I'm still happy with Bariss, Ashoka and Assaj that I don't feel I need to complain.

I would appreciate EA giving some statement about this which according to Jesse, will happen soon.

Hold your horses till that time and keep the flaming at a low before this topic gets nasty and they decide to close it again.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • There will always be nerfs and buffs in game guys...just be patient...there's always a light at the end of the tunnel...
  • If they get a refund so should non buying Barriss players. We had to use resources to combat her and possibly be placed lower in rankings, also lowering our rewards, so we should get compensation too.
  • The refunds are being requested by people who bought Barriss with the assumption that she wouldn't be nerfed into oblivion. As she is currently it would require an incredible amount of money to make her viable again. When somebody pays 50 dollars for a character who is nerfed that heavily weeks after they paid a large amount of money to obtain her they are going to be angry. The refunds that are being given out are due to people buying the pack with the assumption that it would be a useful investment. Barriss was NOT op, she was simply better than the majority of the characters that newer players possessed. Once you get to a higher level and unlock more of the characters you realize that she is easily countered, and in many ways too limited to be viable in the top tiers of play.
  • The refunds are being requested by people who bought Barriss with the assumption that she wouldn't be nerfed into oblivion. As she is currently it would require an incredible amount of money to make her viable again. When somebody pays 50 dollars for a character who is nerfed that heavily weeks after they paid a large amount of money to obtain her they are going to be angry. The refunds that are being given out are due to people buying the pack with the assumption that it would be a useful investment. Barriss was NOT op, she was simply better than the majority of the characters that newer players possessed. Once you get to a higher level and unlock more of the characters you realize that she is easily countered, and in many ways too limited to be viable in the top tiers of play.
    The refunds are being requested by people who bought Barriss with the assumption that she wouldn't be nerfed into oblivion. As she is currently it would require an incredible amount of money to make her viable again. When somebody pays 50 dollars for a character who is nerfed that heavily weeks after they paid a large amount of money to obtain her they are going to be angry. The refunds that are being given out are due to people buying the pack with the assumption that it would be a useful investment. Barriss was NOT op, she was simply better than the majority of the characters that newer players possessed. Once you get to a higher level and unlock more of the characters you realize that she is easily countered, and in many ways too limited to be viable in the top tiers of play.

absolutely not she was OP a healing super tank, she deserved the Nerf & the people who dropped 50$ for her deserved what they got, The creators simply wanted to balance the game & they did just that. People seem to expect special treatment if they pay 50$ for a character what is it since you paid 50$ the character only you paid for should get a pass for being overpowered it doesnt work that way buddy, & refunds shouldnt be issued to anyone. I didnt get a refund when dooku was nerfed, nor did I ask for one.
  • I read much saltiness from you. First of all it's based on your opinion. So are the players that ask for a refund.
    Altho Im also against it and I bought the pack myself, your post is not constructive.

"thats what happens when you pay to win"
    That's what not suppose to happen when you pay to win. Clearly you sound like a bitter person ranting about players that in fact did pay for something they believe got altered too soon which feels misleading.

"You're mad because a character that was clearly OP'd was nerfed to make the game fair for everyone ?"
    The character wasn't OP and there are already new topics about new characters being OP.

If you want to contribute don't open a new topic just to rant some more but this time it's ranting for the opposite. It's hypocritical to say people can't rant about it but you certainly can.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • What I trying to say I guess is, it's a slippery slope. That toon touched every player here. Even the f2p. If any compensation is given it must be applied to all in some way.

To me the character was fine as it was. I encountered it, lost a few, adapted and beat it.
  • Barris wasn't OP...just leave her for the last and it will be fine. She brings utility such as equalizing hp through healing block, which might have count for her lack of damage. Overall, I don't have issues with her, neither do I own her. The nerf might be too hard for most to swallow..but Jesse has already mention there will be an emergency discussion with the backroom on this. Lets see if there will be any progress from there.

Talking about OP, i think Vader's culling blade combo is more OP...IF it is team up correctly.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I read much saltiness from you. First of all it's based on your opinion. So are the players that ask for a refund.
    Altho Im also against it and I bought the pack myself, your post is not constructive.

That's what not suppose to happen when you pay to win. Clearly you sound like a bitter person ranting about players that in fact did pay for something they believe got altered too soon which feels misleading.

"You're mad because a character that was clearly OP'd was nerfed to make the game fair for everyone ?"
    The character wasn't OP and there are already new topics about new characters being OP.

If you want to contribute don't open a new topic just to rant some more but this time it's ranting for the opposite. It's hypocritical to say people can't rant about it but you certainly can.

It's funny how only people who actually have barris are saying that she's not op LOL. If she wasnt op what was she? Just far better than all of the other healers, and by FAR the most annoying healer to deal with? If she wasn't OP why did 99% of the top 10 teams run her lmfao. You seem salty since you paid to win and your character got a massive nerf. Can't fight on an even playing ground huh?
    I read much saltiness from you. First of all it's based on your opinion. So are the players that ask for a refund.

It's funny how only people who actually have barris are saying that she's not op LOL. If she wasnt op what was she? Just far better than all of the other healers, and by FAR the most annoying healer to deal with? If she wasn't OP why did 99% of the top 10 teams run her lmfao. You seem salty since you paid to win and your character got a massive nerf. Can't fight on an even playing ground huh?

Hilarious people who actually have her are gonna argue me how nerfing her was wrong & they are correct to demand a refund EVERY game goes through balancing phases this isnt the first game you can put money into to get a character, They shouldnt get a refund for natural balancing that was bound to happen & also get to keep barriss. Long story short these people KNEW a new game was gonna require balancing, as all games do did they think her ability to heal on every single hit & have a healing ability which ignores immunity & literally heals 80% of every characters health wasnt gonna be nerfed ? She heals literally 75% - 80% of all characters health. & to make matters worse has health like a tank. & shes not OVERPOWERED ? lmao these people make me laugh so glad she got nerfed & hope NONE of you get refunds because NONE of you deserve refunds.

• Barress was not op. I'm one that had her and didn't even use her until recently. The only reason I use her is for her leader ability. Lumi, and jc I used because they bring more punch.

I had to switch due to Leia massive dmg out put with her crit bug. It was first time I didn't finish 1st in my bracket. So now I have to use her for the health buff. It's only way to beat the person Leia with qgj leader. If not for this person, I still wouldn't be useing her.

With that said. If you had issues because if barress before, then your issue wasn't barress at all. It was the fact you had crap dmg., or no idea how to focus a target down. But instead of noticing you own falts, you wanted to blame a character. If you could not kill 1 character in the 5 turns it took her to recharge, then you had issues and always will have issues, but you just can't see youre the problem not the character.

As far as people getting refunds. Who cares? It's there money not yours. It doesn't hurt or help you in any way now does it? And no I didn't buy the pack, I got her in a 4 pack pull so I will not be asking for a refund. But grats to everyone that gets there money back.

As far as the nerf goes. Maybe it's because all my characters in my PvP team are 7* except for barress, but she still heals pretty good for me, no not as much as she did when I first started useing her, but still heals pretty well

• How funny would it be if everyone that got their money refunded also got their accounts deleted lol, I don't think they built this game with the ability to "remove" purchases because of refunds. I think it will be easier for them to just block the account. Unless they get to keep Bariss, which will result in EVERYONE getting a refund and a freebie Bariss lol
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Breetai wrote: »
    Barress was not op. I'm one that had her and didn't even use her until recently. The only reason I use her is for her leader ability. Lumi, and jc I used because they bring more punch.

I had to switch due to Leia massive dmg out put with her crit bug. It was first time I didn't finish 1st in my bracket. So now I have to use her for the health buff. It's only way to beat the person Leia with qgj leader. If not for this person, I still wouldn't be useing her.

With that said. If you had issues because if barress before, then your issue wasn't barress at all. It was the fact you had crap dmg., or no idea how to focus a target down. But instead of noticing you own falts, you wanted to blame a character. If you could not kill 1 character in the 5 turns it took her to recharge, then you had issues and always will have issues, but you just can't see youre the problem not the character.

As far as people getting refunds. Who cares? It's there money not yours. It doesn't hurt or help you in any way now does it? And no I didn't buy the pack, I got her in a 4 pack pull so I will not be asking for a refund. But grats to everyone that gets there money back.

As far as the nerf goes. Maybe it's because all my characters in my PvP team are 7* except for barress, but she still heals pretty good for me, no not as much as she did when I first started useing her, but still heals pretty well

blah blah blah, all i read is that you're **** about how badly barriss, you bring up that if you had issues with barress, then your issue wans't with barriss at all. If that's the case and she wasn't clearly the best healer why do 99% of the top teams run her lmfao. Out of all the healers barress clearly was the most annoying to deal with, but since you're all **** she got nerfed you want to criticize other people's strats when you have no clue what you're talking about. I guess barriss was so horrible and that it didnt cause anyone issues so the top players decided to use barriss to troll and for fun because she looked cool LOL.

Why do people getting refunds bother me? They already got major value out of barriss, also nerfs/buffs/changes are part of the game if you cant deal with it dont play. Simple as that. Also how is the refund going to work? Barriss is still a decent healer regardless of people crying, do they lose their barriss and get compensated? That would be complete ****, I would have paid for Barriss too, and got my money back once I used her value.
  • Barris needed a nerf, just not that big of one. And when it comes to the top teams most people in the higher level servers did NOT run Barriss. She's not an easily maintainable toon, nor was she unbeatable in any way. Before the nerf all you had to do is use a toon that had a stun or ability block ability to counter her. There are loads of characters with these abilities as well. And if you think she was the best healer you've clearly not come across a high level/star/gear Luminara. Luminara can decimate people and her heals are amazing while Barriss had a very good healing abilty, and a pathetic attack. The reason people are mad is the fact that the company misled them. THAT is why they are asking for refunds. Your petty complaints about how you were affected by the toon only mean that you were not in any way tactical in dealing with her. This is supposed to be a strategy game. All strategy games have very powerful characters and very weak characters. The "skill" in a strategy game is finding out how to counter the more powerful characters and render them useless. With this game however we've had a flood of free to play players who barely have 6 characters unlocked complaining that people who have spent many more hours and dollars into the game are more powerful than they are resulting in the over-nerfing of toons who were very niche characters. When a company caters to the people who complain about overpowered characters while they don't have experience with the higher level portions of the game, the game ends up being a joke due to the fact that the devs keep trying to balance the characters based off of the people who whine the most instead of the people who have the most experience.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    ewok wrote: »

Hilarious people who actually have her are gonna argue me how nerfing her was wrong & they are correct to demand a refund EVERY game goes through balancing phases this isnt the first game you can put money into to get a character, They shouldnt get a refund for natural balancing that was bound to happen & also get to keep barriss. Long story short these people KNEW a new game was gonna require balancing, as all games do did they think her ability to heal on every single hit & have a healing ability which ignores immunity & literally heals 80% of every characters health wasnt gonna be nerfed ? She heals literally 75% - 80% of all characters health. & to make matters worse has health like a tank. & shes not OVERPOWERED ? lmao these people make me laugh so glad she got nerfed & hope NONE of you get refunds because NONE of you deserve refunds.

100% agree with you. It's just hilarious how it's only the people who have barris that are saying "instead o
    Barris needed a nerf, just not that big of one. And when it comes to the top teams most people in the higher level servers did NOT run Barriss. She's not an easily maintainable toon, nor was she unbeatable in any way. Before the nerf all you had to do is use a toon that had a stun or ability block ability to counter her. There are loads of characters with these abilities as well. And if you think she was the best healer you've clearly not come across a high level/star/gear Luminara. Luminara can decimate people and her heals are amazing while Barriss had a very good healing abilty, and a pathetic attack. The reason people are mad is the fact that the company misled them. THAT is why they are asking for refunds. Your petty complaints about how you were affected by the toon only mean that you were not in any way tactical in dealing with her. This is supposed to be a strategy game. All strategy games have very powerful characters and very weak characters. The "skill" in a strategy game is finding out how to counter the more powerful characters and render them useless. With this game however we've had a flood of free to play players who barely have 6 characters unlocked complaining that people who have spent many more hours and dollars into the game are more powerful than they are resulting in the over-nerfing of toons who were very niche characters. When a company caters to the people who complain about overpowered characters while they don't have experience with the higher level portions of the game, the game ends up being a joke due to the fact that the devs keep trying to balance the characters based off of the people who whine the most instead of the people who have the most experience.

" The reason people are mad is the fact that the company misled them. THAT is why they are asking for refunds. Your petty complaints about how you were affected by the toon only mean that you were not in any way tactical in dealing with her. This is supposed to be a strategy game."

Why do you people who paid to win assume that we couldn't beat Barris lmfao. She was just BY FAR the most annoying healer to deal with at my level and im in the top 50, haven't paid a dime. The reason people are mad is because they paid to win and their character got completely nerfed. Maybe in your servers they're not the best healers, but 99% of pictures of top 5 I've seen haev all been Barriss. You paid to win and you got wrecked gg, keep crying. And dont even try and play it off like you didnt pay for her, you wouldnt be so salty and **** if this wasn't the case, criticizing people's strats lmfao.
    The company misled them? So teh company said that there will never be any patches to nerf or buff characters huh? Can you link me to where they said this. Keep crying.
  • Barress was not op. I never bought her and after getting really salty about her "healing" through heal immunity, I just adjusted my teams strat and as I grew in levels and gear she became less and less relevant. In GW I loved playing against Barress teams because it usually meant an easy win and a chance to get my team healed and CDs reset.

Since I don't have her I don't know what playing with her was like, but I imagine that people playing with her had many of the same observations I did. (Her effectiveness dropping at higher levels and overall lack of utility) I thought she was a great toon that had one nice "tool" to heal like she used to. But with that gone, there's too many other toons asking for your energy and credits.

• Barress was not op. I never bought her and after getting really salty about her "healing" through heal immunity, I just adjusted my teams strat and as I grew in levels and gear she became less and less relevant. In GW I loved playing against Barress teams because it usually meant an easy win and a chance to get my team healed and CDs reset.

Since I don't have her I don't know what playing with her was like, but I imagine that people playing with her had many of the same observations I did. (Her effectiveness dropping at higher levels and overall lack of utility) I thought she was a great toon that had one nice "tool" to heal like she used to. But with that gone, there's too many other toons asking for your energy and credits.

Who was the most annoying healer you had to deal with? Barriss is manageable but she's by FAR the most annoying healer to play against, well for me and 99% of people clearly. I love how people who bought Barriss are talking about how terrible she is, well if she's so terrible why do you want a refund LOL, you werent going to use her anyways right? Counsler and Lumina are so much better, so just use her and stop whining.
    Barress was not op. I'm one that had her and didn't even use her until recently. The only reason I use her is for her leader ability. Lumi, and jc I used because they bring more punch.

blah blah blah, all i read is that you're **** about how badly barriss, you bring up that if you had issues with barress, then your issue wans't with barriss at all. If that's the case and she wasn't clearly the best healer why do 99% of the top teams run her lmfao. Out of all the healers barress clearly was the most annoying to deal with, but since you're all **** she got nerfed you want to criticize other people's strats when you have no clue what you're talking about. I guess barriss was so horrible and that it didnt cause anyone issues so the top players decided to use barriss to troll and for fun because she looked cool LOL.

Why do people getting refunds bother me? They already got major value out of barriss, also nerfs/buffs/changes are part of the game if you cant deal with it dont play. Simple as that. Also how is the refund going to work? Barriss is still a decent healer regardless of people crying, do they lose their barriss and get compensated? That would be complete ****, I would have paid for Barriss too, and got my money back once I used her value.

Did you even read my post? In case you missed it

1. I didn't even use her when she was thought as op, but everybody else in my bracket did and guess what, I still won.
    2. You say I don't know what I'm talking about, yet I've been placing 1st in my bracket everyday except for 2 days where I was forced to adapt and use barress for her leader health buff, not her heal.
    3. My team. 4* barress, 7* sid, 7* fisto, 7* qgj, 7* jc. And barress only gets one sometimes two heals off the whole match.
    4. I'm not **** about barress at all, but I can see where this is going and that is what bothers me. I see when ever a character becomes strong people are going to be yelling nerf, nerf, nerf. Take dooku for example. People still yell nerf him and he isn't even that good to be honest. I stopped using him in the 40's due to him dieing in 3 hits.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    ewok wrote: »

Did you even read my post? In case you missed it

1. I didn't even use her when she was thought as op, but everybody else in my bracket did and guess what, I still won.
    2. You say I don't know what I'm talking about, yet I've been placing 1st in my bracket everyday except for 2 days where I was forced to adapt and use barress for her leader health buff, not her heal.
    3. My team. 4* barress, 7* sid, 7* fisto, 7* qgj, 7* jc. And barress only gets one sometimes two heals off the whole match.
    4. I'm not **** about barress at all, but I can see where this is going and that is what bothers me. I see when ever a character becomes strong people are going to be yelling nerf, nerf, nerf. Take dooku for example. People still yell nerf him and he isn't even that good to be honest. I stopped using him in the 40's due to him dieing in 3 hits.

So you didnt even use her when she was considered OP, but you still used her LOL. Love how you backed that up there I don't know what server you're on but I see 5-6 star Barriss everywhere, it's not uncommon at all, and 99% of teams I see run her, so clearly she's not as bad as you people want to make her out to be.
    I'm not at level 60 yet, but BY FAR Barriss was the most annoying healer to play against, it's not even a competition. When people say OP they don't mean she's not manageable, but that she's just FAR more annoying to deal with for 99% of the people to deal with, and she's OP compared to the other healers on defense. On offense I can see why someone would rather use a counsler due to being able heal far more constantly and since your whole team is likely to take damage rather than one character.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Well my team was built around offence.

And to clarify I've only been using barress for last 3 days. I used lumi, and jc as my 2 healers before then, and had an entirely different team.

4* ima gun, 7* fisto, 5* aayla, 6* lumi, 7* jc

Also want to just add, you said yourself she wasn't op, just annoying. Well then if that's the case then why be all for her nerf?

I find sid more annoying than any other character. Course then again I didn't use barress so easy to see why
This discussion has been closed.