Content Update 1/10/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Well, the developers say they read these things, so....

You just lost about $60 from me during your cash grab. I was fully prepared to buy the $10 pack to get the Executioner from 3* to 4* and then several of the 1299 crystal packs to bump him up to 5* so he'd be semi-usable until he's put in chromiums or f2p. Not prepared to spend $250 on him, even though he'd be great in my already maxed First Order squad, but $60 I was going to spend.

Now you released him as 2* to try to get an extra $50 from me? Now you will not get $110 from me and you won't even get $60 from me. You will get exactly $0 from me and I'll leave him at 2* until he's f2p. I cannot support the ever increasing greed EA is demonstrating here.

And just for some perspective, I'm not a f2p player whining that I didn't get a stronger character. I purchased Kylo Ren Unmasked entirely from the 1299 crystal packs (and double zeta'ed). I've spent plenty of money building up my First Order. But EA will not dictate increased spending from me. Hopefully you have enough whales that will splurge on him to cover those that are disgusted and put their credit cards away after this.
  • How is Rose annoying? I get if you dont like her or her story arc. But more annoying than Jar Jar? Please enlighten me.

yeah I agree I didn't hate her - she was just there - nothing. The only thing that I thought was odd was the kiss at the end - I didn't get the buildup for that at all. I didn't sense a merging chemistry there - felt very forced. Other than that she was just a character in a SW movie I was watching. Jar Jar made me want to set the screen on fire :) That voice and the childishness.

I do fear though that she will be super OP as a character - they're going to ram her down our faces Wiggs / Chaze style. Decent at best characters in the whole SW Universe that will be way better than we'd expect while others rot like hot garbage :)

I agree, and do think she will fit perfectly well with JTR. But someone brought up the possibility of working well with Finn for obvious reasons. Either or she will massively help one resistance leader. Probably as a marquee as well- stun, expose, and something to do with tm manipulation. My buddy @Banth theory crafting a healer for res would be deadly as well.
  • I find the pack for FOX to be underwhelming. We just had a LS TB and Hoth Han's pack was $10 and provided us with 40 shards. Why can't the FOX's pack be the same deal? Why 15 less shards?

probably because we will need to panic farm the **** for some OP legendary character...
  • No shard shuffle? We desperately need more ds toons for Tb
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Some of you need to chill out. It was the holidays for the developers too. You expected them to come out of a week or so off with 6 new characters with new abilities from the new movies and 3-4 older characters, reworks for Jedi, Bounty Hunters and Seperatists, a new Raid, 4 more ships, a new Capital ship and a new chapter for a heroic journey? How would you enjoy your boss coming up to you the week after New Year's and saying "So why haven't you worked hard all break?"

Let's dial down the expectations to only "slightly more ridiculous than possible".

If it wasn't for hyperbole, I don't think some of you would have anything to post at all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    sumi wrote: »
    I made an account just to beg the developers to not make a Rose character I have ZERO interest in her in the movie or this game, terrible, boring, cheesy character in the movie.

Hahahaha the only thing sillier than making an account to complain about one character being added to the game (which isn't even confirmed and isn't even as likely as Holdo) would be to quit playing the game because of one character being added to the game (which isn't even confirmed and isn't even as likely as Holdo).

Which naturally people have also threatened to do.

You all need a sense of perspective.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Well, the developers say they read these things, so....

You just lost about $60 from me during your cash grab.

I hear what you are saying, but personally, I'd rather have the three Omegas and Two mods than 15 more shards. If you are FTP, the omegas will be a lot more useful for the next two months than having another star on a toon you aren't going to use and the 15 additional shards can be farmed pretty quickly once he goes FTP.

• I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.....
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    sumi wrote: »
    I made an account just to beg the developers to not make a Rose character I have ZERO interest in her in the movie or this game, terrible, boring, cheesy character in the movie.

Hahahaha the only thing sillier than making an account to complain about one character being added to the game (which isn't even confirmed and isn't even as likely as Holdo) would be to quit playing the game because of one character being added to the game (which isn't even confirmed and isn't even as likely as Holdo).

Which naturally people have also threatened to do.

You all need a sense of perspective.

What's silly about making an account to make one's opinion known? Isn't it the reason most people make accounts here?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Some of you need to chill out. It was the holidays for the developers too. You expected them to come out of a week or so off with 6 new characters with new abilities from the new movies and 3-4 older characters, reworks for Jedi, Bounty Hunters and Seperatists, a new Raid, 4 more ships, a new Capital ship and a new chapter for a heroic journey? How would you enjoy your boss coming up to you the week after New Year's and saying "So why haven't you worked hard all break?"

Let's dial down the expectations to only "slightly more ridiculous than possible".

If it wasn't for hyperbole, I don't think some of you would have anything to post at all.

No but a new toon put in game and a hint or nod at Bh rework would’ve been gladly accepted. And that’s not me being a BH fanboy. They are required for content they created and put out.
  • Disappointing to see how much unreasoning hatred there is out there for Rose. Let's tone it down a bit, starbros. Not a particularly good look.
  • I'm looking forward to Rose being added to the game... because I realize that her character arc will not translate to the game... I completely understand why her character gets hate... ladyboners are all fine and good, but there's a time and a place... and her's was inappropriate... hopefully there's a point to her in EpIX
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »

You just lost about $60 from me during your cash grab. I was fully prepared to buy the $10 pack to get the Executioner from 3* to 4* and then several of the 1299 crystal packs to bump him up to 5* so he'd be semi-usable until he's put in chromiums or f2p. Not prepared to spend $250 on him, even though he'd be great in my already maxed First Order squad, but $60 I was going to spend.

Now you released him as 2* to try to get an extra $50 from me? Now you will not get $110 from me and you won't even get $60 from me. You will get exactly $0 from me and I'll leave him at 2* until he's f2p. I cannot support the ever increasing greed EA is demonstrating here.

And just for some perspective, I'm not a f2p player whining that I didn't get a stronger character. I purchased Kylo Ren Unmasked entirely from the 1299 crystal packs (and double zeta'ed). I've spent plenty of money building up my First Order. But EA will not dictate increased spending from me. Hopefully you have enough whales that will splurge on him to cover those that are disgusted and put their credit cards away after this.

Could not have said it better myself. Shame on CG for making the marquee 2* now. SHAME!
  • The road ahead is probably going to be something like "fight for what we love" meaning rose lol
    Congrats for calling it - you get total credit.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-season-4-return-description-death/

Hold on to what you love is likely a reference to the upcoming storyline involving Hera and Kanan in SW Rebels
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • DarthKitty wrote: »

You just lost about $60 from me during your cash grab.

I hear what you are saying, but personally, I'd rather have the three Omegas and Two mods than 15 more shards. If you are FTP, the omegas will be a lot more useful for the next two months than having another star on a toon you aren't going to use and the 15 additional shards can be farmed pretty quickly once he goes FTP.

The problem, though, is if they had left the marquee alone and you have a character with 3.5* like normal, then what everyone would have been talking about is the 3 omegas and the 2 five dot mods. Instead, that little piece of awesome is overshadowed by a lame cash grab. And to be clear to my post, if he was released at 3.5* like normal, I would have paid to get him to five star AND USE HIM. Instead, he will remain unused for quite some time.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • anonidude wrote: »
    https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-season-4-return-description-death/

Hold on to what you love is likely a reference to the upcoming storyline involving Hera and Kanan in SW Rebels

Not trying to jynx it but I think episode airs too late for it to be “what’s ahead” I have to say rebels has been dialed in and focused this season.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

No but a new toon put in game and a hint or nod at Bh rework would’ve been gladly accepted. And that’s not me being a BH fanboy. They are required for content they created and put out.

I don't disagree. But hyperbolists calling this "the worst update ever" and "literally no one wants this" need to step back off the ledge (especially since obviously neither is the case at all). I like hyperbole as much as anyone - in fact, I think it's the best thing ever! Especially when used positively. But, apart from being completely incorrect, the over-the-top whininess of the tone when used negatively gets old very fast.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • anonidude wrote: »

Hold on to what you love is a direct quote from Rose in episode 8. The full quote was something like: "We're not going to win by destroying what we hate, but by holding on to what we love."

I don't understand the twist people are trying to say this applies to Holdo. If you manipulate the spacing and letters you can make up his name, sure, but it is a direct quote and application to Rose. Sure, they could release more characters in a clump, but if they don't apply this to Rose, they haven't seen the movie, which is sad.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    anonidude wrote: »

Hold on to what you love is a direct quote from Rose in episode 8. The full quote was something like: "We're not going to win by destroying what we hate, but by holding on to what we love."

I don't understand the twist people are trying to say this applies to Holdo. If you manipulate the spacing and letters you can make up his name, sure, but it is a direct quote and application to Rose. Sure, they could release more characters in a clump, but if they don't apply this to Rose, they haven't seen the movie, which is sad.

I think that's mostly people grasping at straws, hoping it will not be Rose in the end. Let them have their speck of optimism in this dark land.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    anonidude wrote: »

No, it's not. The end of the quote is "saving what we love" - which is why people think the "HOLD On..." portion has, at least some significance. It could be both Holdo and Rose. But to suggest that it's clearly only Rose is incorrect.

• The "what's ahead" is just a reminder that valentines is coming soon, so you don't forget to get your valentine a gift :)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • The "what's ahead" is just a reminder that valentines is coming soon, so you don't forget to get your valentine a gift :)

OMG - "Rose"s for Valentines Day. It comes full circle. <3

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The "what's ahead" is just a reminder that valentines is coming soon, so you don't forget to get your valentine a gift :)

Some Roses, maybe?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    The "what's ahead" is just a reminder that valentines is coming soon, so you don't forget to get your valentine a gift :)

Some Roses, maybe?

Or just one. But be careful....every Rose has a Thrawn.

Pun limit for the day achieved.

• Brace yourselves, Rose will probably be required at 7* to get the next version of Rey, along with whatever new characters are released for us to panic farm.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I don't disagree. But hyperbolists calling this "the worst update ever" and "literally no one wants this" need to step back off the ledge (especially since obviously neither is the case at all). I like hyperbole as much as anyone - in fact, I think it's the best thing ever! Especially when used positively. But, apart from being completely incorrect, the over-the-top whininess of the tone when used negatively gets old very fast.

Nobody, and I mean nobody — loves the over use of hyperbole like you lol. Im for sure in the minority if wanting Rose. And it’s a no brainer really - there were posts about her being in the game since the Vanity Fair cover.
    Oh and to your previous post i am sure we are getting a capital ship this month too!
    Nauros wrote: »

Some Roses, maybe?

Or just one. But be careful....every Rose has a Thrawn.

Pun limit for the day achieved.

It's only 11:15 here but I'm pretty sure you just won today.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Disappointing to see how much unreasoning hatred there is out there for Rose. Let's tone it down a bit, starbros. Not a particularly good look.

If "they" don't like this unreasonable or reasonable displeasure, hatred, for a character then don't create the character in the first place. Expect people to hate characters. Hint: Jar Jar.