"Hold on to what you love"

Replies

• I think it will be A-wing pilot Talissan „Tallie“ Lintra.
    Cause I fell a little bit in love with her.
    "Time is not like a line. Our moments fall around us like rain, or confetti."
  • I know they have to add characters in from the new film but hopefully they won't add Rose Rose Binks or the purple haired lady.
  • Ok yea nobody cares for Rose but she might be a great resistnace toon in this game. She had a stun gun in the movie so we can bet she's gunna be able to stun people. Maybe she has some synergy with Finn which in that case would make her worth the farm. I didn't like Rose in the movie but the game she could be useful
  • I don‘t mind them, but critically speaking for the movie itself, Rose (100%, dunno why you think it‘s Holdo) wasn‘t that meaningful a character and added in for merely to show Finn became a kind of suicidia, wannabe hero (which struck me as odd as well).
    They haven‘t been amazingly written in an already more than underwhelming movie, messing with the trilogy‘s continuity, SW continuity and made senseless decisions... especially Haldo (my personal opinion, you don‘t have to agree)

Yet again, I don‘t mind them. I already know that when Holdo get released there will be a Raddus, and if that happens we all know what her super ability probably is....
    not to mention that it makes no sense in SW... if they always had been able to do sth like that, the rebels would‘ve only had to put droids in suicide starfigters to wipe out any larger threat... if they knew and didn’t, the rebellion is the most stupid band of suicidial maniacs we have ever encountered in SW... not to mention Seperatist would have been easily been able to overwhelm the Clone Army by „torpedo warping“ into any larger vessel they‘ve found... basically this single move made everyone from Episode 1-7 look stupid and made the military decision for ever larger spacecraft as lunatic as the rebels who didn‘t use an easy method to end it all...
    TL:DR:
    Holdo‘s move rendered unspoken laws/principles that made sense in SW universe to mere stupidity of anyone before and probably after her on all sides
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I really do not see the importance of having Rose in the game. Especially before Revan, Bossk, Jango, Aurra Sing, Padme, Droideka, etc

We've got Lobot, Greedo, Pao, Bistan, First Order Executioner, Geonosian Spy, Magmatrooper, Zam Wesell, and a dozen other characters that had little to no screen time, so unless you're going to include those characters in your level of importance, then you're just being disingenuous.

To head off the two obvious follow-ups:
    1) Lots of people have used this line, not just you, I quoted you because you're the one I saw while scrolling through new posts.

2) I listed characters off the top of my head, go ahead and make the pedantic argument that their 5 minutes in Clone Wars were iconic and great. I don't care.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • kylecollar24
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Here is Rose's Kit:
    Stun Fin(basic)- Attacks Friendly and Stuns them for 2 turns
    Ride a Horse(special) Rose rides a horse and allies turn into a horse and attack selected target
    Sacrifice(unique)- instead of losing a character, rose will die instead
    Long Kitten Character Development(unique)- increases the time of battle from 5 minutes to 10

Horse kit:
    Run into things(basic)- horse attacks target dealing 40% of original characters damage
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't generally care about those kinds of posts but I'll admit I had a chuckle at "Run into things."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah I really do not see the importance of having Rose in the game. Especially before Revan, Bossk, Jango, Aurra Sing, Padme, Droideka, etc

We've got Lobot, Greedo, Pao, Bistan, First Order Executioner, Geonosian Spy, Magmatrooper, Zam Wesell, and a dozen other characters that had little to no screen time, so unless you're going to include those characters in your level of importance, then you're just being disingenuous.

To head off the two obvious follow-ups:
    1) Lots of people have used this line, not just you, I quoted you because you're the one I saw while scrolling through new posts.

2) I listed characters off the top of my head, go ahead and make the pedantic argument that their 5 minutes in Clone Wars were iconic and great. I don't care.

You forgot that iconic moment when the Coruscant Underworld Police were in the CW cartoon. Clearly this game is only for a very tiny number of selected characters that are most beloved and impactful. Nobody is being a giant green milk baby for throwing a fit about someone they personally didn't like being added instead of a bunch of other toons... all of which will get added eventually anyhow. So let everyone keep flailing their limbs like toddlers. The bitter tears are the most delicious.
  • Considering she exposes deserters. Would be fitting g if she had an expose skill.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Thanks forum police. My opinion is actually shared by a lot more people than yours. So I don’t need your advice.

Of all the characters they could have added, Snoke, Hux, Praetorian Guard, etc, this was a terrible choice.
    Yes, the existence of one character precludes the existence of three others.

I'm sorry a movie had a character you didn't like that others did.

I haven't met a single person that liked Rose.

I haven't met any nuclear physicist. Therefore they must not exist.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Thanks forum police. My opinion is actually shared by a lot more people than yours. So I don’t need your advice.

Of all the characters they could have added, Snoke, Hux, Praetorian Guard, etc, this was a terrible choice.

Honestly, anyone that liked Rose, has the literary and character comprehension of a child.

I'm glad we are privileged to have the universal arbiter of good vs bad in entertainment here. All this time I thought it was subjective.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    Please make rose dispensible. I hated her character and just really don't want to look at her everyday. Bench warmer please.

If she’s marquee she’ll be a 2* Bench warmer guaranteed. Lmko.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I haven't met a single person that liked Rose.

I haven't met any nuclear physicist. Therefore they must not exist.

Honestly, anyone that liked Rose, has the literary and character comprehension of a child.

I'm glad we are privileged to have the universal arbiter of good vs bad in entertainment here. All this time I thought it was subjective.

Yeah, ok Plato,

“I tHouGhT iT WAs sUBjeCTivE”

Well, it’s NOT

Sincerely,
    Aristotle
  • Whatever her kit is, it should include the ability to take an extra turn or something along those lines. How else can you explain her ability to intercept Finn when only moments before he was full throttle into the maw of the beast while she was full throttle retreat?
    A highly effective stun of course, and synergy with Finn (a Finnergy!), perhaps an AOE debuff (Expose?). Probably a group hug heal, too.
  • Hey folks,
    I personally dig the current trend of 'What's Ahead' topics popping up in General after a Game Update. Also more than happy to encourage speculation threads that contain both positive and critical feedback/discussion, but in order to keep threads like this open, let's keep it within the forum guidelines.

I do hope that you all are listening to the overwhelming response from the community that there are characters wanted and those that simply are not.

Let’s keep an open mind and hope that if they release an overwhelmingly unpopular character like rose the. They will also be releasing someone who is a crowd favorite very soon to appease the masses lol. There are many people to choose from so I wish all you devs good luck.
  • I thought Rose was a pointless character in the movie but I’m really hoping that she will be F2P and I’m hoping her kit will be something along the lines of stun in basic, with a good dispel/revive special and an unique that will make her potency higher
  • No, we're getting Carbonite Han Solo. "I love you." "I know."
  • docmorbius
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, Rose is a kitten character, but The Last Jedi was a kitten movie and to be quite honest, NONE of the characters had any sort of meaningful impact on me. But, bills gotta get paid and toons gotta get made, so strap yourselves in and open your wallets because at some point all these new characters will be required at 7* to unlock the next meta breaker.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    At the end of the day TLJ is the newest installment of the star wars saga - like it or not, Rose was a major character in that movie. Disney is pushing the media and marketing etc of TLJ - which includes this game and if the Devs are told to add Rose, then that's what they are gonna do.

I just hope that we get characters of more worthy addition, who also were MAJOR characters in more ways than Rose ever was or could be - such as Padme for one.

At the end of the day if Rose's kit is good, then she will be farmed by everyone, regardless of what her presence or character was in the movie.

Please Dev team - show some love to some of the older main characters, not just what is new and exciting now, because when TLJ rolls out, the new Han Solo movie rolls in, again time away from beefing up wanted and justified toons such as Padme, Jango, Droideka, ROTJ Luke etc etc because later this year are we wanting another Han or a young Lando too?
  • Rose could have been a good character. She's got the right backstory, but not the right scenes in the movie. After all of the pre-release hype she received, and the subsequent let-down, she has become, for many, an irritant because her character seems forced only for the sake of "inclusion".
    Personally, I don't hate her character and I'm not opposed to her addition to the game. She is just... meh.
    ScarceAncientBlackmamba-max-1mb.gif

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Rose could have been a good character. She's got the right backstory, but not the right scenes in the movie. After all of the pre-release hype she received, and the subsequent let-down, she has become, for many, an irritant because her character seems forced only for the sake of "inclusion".
    Personally, I don't hate her character and I'm not opposed to her addition to the game. She is just... meh.

What backstory did she get besides being a random nobody with a more successful sister?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Rose could have been a good character. She's got the right backstory, but not the right scenes in the movie. After all of the pre-release hype she received, and the subsequent let-down, she has become, for many, an irritant because her character seems forced only for the sake of "inclusion".

What backstory did she get besides being a random nobody with a more successful sister?

I'm not going to type it out here. Go look it up, if you want to.
  • Haven’t seen the last Jedi yet so I have no idea who this will be. What do you all think?
  • You could have clicked on one of the other 5 threads about this...
    Rose.
  • HeWhoWanders
    155 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Pretty sure Rose and her sister are cannon no matter how you feel about that.

No different than adding R1 or rebels characters into the game, expect she was in an actual SW episode. So actually she's more SW than a lot of the characters we already have.
  • Nice b8. Try constructive and readable criticism.
  • Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    Nice b8. Try constructive and readable criticism.

Jar Jar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rose
    Hopefully that's a constructive criticism lol.
  • TheBloodyTongue
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I haven't met a single person that liked Rose. Honestly, anyone that liked Rose, has the literary and character comprehension of a child.
    Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm story group, loves her. She was "very hungry to create female characters who felt real"(quote from her interview with NYT). Also some of her womansplaining had a bit of truth in it: The statement that companies do not give a kitten about what's good or bad, and that all they care about is money. Not every companies are such despicable ones, but such companies exist: Search Radium Girls for an example.
    So show some love for Rose. She stopped Finn's Kamikaze on battering ram, endangering what remains of Resistance. It was all thanks to this that Mark Hamill got a chance to be "Luke" Skywalker a true hero and jedi who saved entire galaxy, rather than "Jake" Skywalker who attempted to kill his nephew and went into exile as a savage.
  • Mol_Zakore wrote: »

Jar Jar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rose
    Hopefully that's a constructive criticism lol.

I would take Jar Jar being added to the game any day over Rose or the purple haired lady.
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »

Mr. Constructive tell me in what way is rose viable in this game? I'll wait... Still waiting...still here....yeah I thought so. She was filler garbage in the movie and will be just that if they put her here. She's as good as kitten on a stick. Savvy?
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    EA already announced that Hux and Rose were coming into the game. Regardless of anyone's feelings on the issue, and I doubt if even CG has a say in it. They want to promote the movie and the "new team" CG will have zero choice but to put them out.
This discussion has been closed.