TW different number of Defensive positions on each side issue [Merge]

Replies

• Ours was 18 (max we could put in) vs their 21 for a 600 banner deficit right off the bat.
    The bonus award for a cleared territory seems to even that back out (they get 630 we get 660 for the first field) but we have to defeat 3 extra teams...

I think it hurts us smaller guilds more than the bigger guys. We thrive on these rewards as our only way of getting some of this gear.

The total points still evens out, but if you don't sweep, it puts you behind for every uncleared zone. And I agree, it hurts the smaller guilds more, because needing extra offensive squads to clear each zone is a bigger impact on a smaller guild.
  • for conquering a zone with 25 teams in it rewards 690/1140, conquering a zone with 24 teams rewards 700/1150. It all evens out for a full clear. The only disadvantage is the team with less than 50 members as you have less overall available teams for defense/offense.
  • I think my grass is actually greener. My guild can set 19 vs. 17 of our opponent's.
  • FieldL wrote: »
    It’s fair and useless.

The guild that set fewer defenses is behind on points and playing catch up through the match. Only a full clear ensures they achieve a tie. Also, defense teams get to be used more than once effectively should an attacker fail to defeat them. So if both guilds are focusing on setting maximum strength defenses, then the guild that can set more has an advantage.

So, maybe not fair (perhaps there is a reason behind this based on relatively strength of rosters, but we haven't been told).
  • I'm pretty sure the "banner rules" haven't changed at all. What's changed (or is bugged, no official word yet on that, that I've seen) is the squad deployment limits in each territory are no longer the same for opposing guilds. I'm not sure how this will effect gameplay, but a full board clear will still result in a tie. So I can't see how this was something the Devs did to address the complaints about ties.
  • Traybor wrote: »
    FieldL wrote: »
    It’s fair and useless.

The guild that set fewer defenses is behind on points and playing catch up through the match. Only a full clear ensures they achieve a tie. Also, defense teams get to be used more than once effectively should an attacker fail to defeat them. So if both guilds are focusing on setting maximum strength defenses, then the guild that can set more has an advantage.

So, maybe not fair (perhaps there is a reason behind this based on relatively strength of rosters, but we haven't been told).

Both side has to clear the map. The main issue we had was the tie problem if both sides clear the map. This change does not solve the problem at all.
  • If this was a fix it didn't fix anything.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the "banner rules" haven't changed at all. What's changed (or is bugged, no official word yet on that, that I've seen) is the squad deployment limits in each territory are no longer the same for opposing guilds. I'm not sure how this will effect gameplay, but a full board clear will still result in a tie. So I can't see how this was something the Devs did to address the complaints about ties.

Agree.
  • This the the third post on this, prepare for the merge

I suppose by having one side with a stacked defensive advantage..... THEY FIXED TIES
    The CG Troll train is riding HIGH today!
    giphy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    It may be a new match making based on GP that their allowed to set 25 if lower GP. The same happened to us we had a lock in at 47 134 million GP at 24 teams per sector vs a team that has 120 Mil GP with 25 per sector. What are all your GP looking like to your opponents?
    I am unsure how it happened and trying to work it out lol
  • We are 48/50 and were given 21 slots, our enemy is 49/50 and was given 24 slots.
    Where is the logic behind that?
  • It’s like the 20th
  • Yeah it seems totally fair that our opponents can set 24 teams per territory compared to our 22! What gives @ea ?
  • wvuparker
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The guild we are up against only has like 5 members listed on their .gg account, so no way to tell their actual GP. I'm just praying that's a sign of them not being well organized or OP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved TW sub forum

I suppose by having one side with a stacked defensive advantage..... THEY FIXED TIES
    The CG Troll train is riding HIGH today!
    giphy.gif

Depending on how each side plays. If the higher defense team plays for ties than they will set weak defenses and therefore it will tie. If both sides play to win the team with more defenses actually is at risk of running out of steam offensively. The last tw the other side played strong on d and couldn't clear our defenses.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to TW sub forum
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Smithie wrote: »
    It may be a new match making based on GP that their allowed to set 25 if lower GP. The same happened to us we had a lock in at 47 134 million GP at 24 teams per sector vs a team that has 120 Mil GP with 25 per sector. What are all your GP looking like to your opponents?
    I am unsure how it happened and trying to work it out lol

A Dev posted the following on Reddit, so I assume that means it's a bug:

"If you're having this problem, can you message me with the name of your guild and the name of your opponent's guild?"
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the "banner rules" haven't changed at all. What's changed (or is bugged, no official word yet on that, that I've seen) is the squad deployment limits in each territory are no longer the same for opposing guilds. I'm not sure how this will effect gameplay, but a full board clear will still result in a tie. So I can't see how this was something the Devs did to address the complaints about ties.

"If you're having this problem, can you message me with the name of your guild and the name of your opponent's guild?"
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Liath wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Interesting...
  • In Territory War, we put 22 teams for each area and get 4400 points before battle. But other team put 24 teams for each area and get 4800 point battle.

How it can be fair game. They will start 400 points ahead of us.

This is not fair matching for our guild. :(
  • Good one!
  • Yes. We had the same experience in our TW. We were limited to setting 24 teams. Our opponent set 25. We started out behind on points.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    It may be a new handicap match up that was added or may of already been there previous but before match ups were based on lock ins and now a handicap is added based on GP differences. Hopefully this gets cleared up today if WAI or Not WAI
  • crewmeister
    252 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    My guilds TW is totally whack this time around. We were allowed 14 squads per section while our opponent was allowed 21. I'm not too concerned as we filled our sections and set down more teams on defense overall then they did, but this still feels unintentional.

image.png

image.png

• And it doesn't seem like this solution even helps to deal with the tie problem, because if everyone clears the map you still tie. Wasn't that the one thing they were supposed to be doing?
  • We have the same problem 23 vs 24. Even though we will gain on them as we can defeat more enemies, they got 20 flags per team and we will only get 10. If every territory is conquered it will not be a tie, they will win with 100 flags.

It seems very unfair!

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Jellyglob
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Time to make a new account it seems if we are basing it off of GP. Guessing players are going to go back to square one and restrict all the low performing characters to level 1 and make it fair for their guild to go into a fair match. *sarcasm*