"Hold on to what you love"

Replies

• Options
    Pretty excited, another resistance fighter, hopefully some stun and healing
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm story group, loves her. She was "very hungry to create female characters who felt real"(quote from her interview with NYT). Also some of her womansplaining had a bit of truth in it: The statement that companies do not give a kitten about what's good or bad, and that all they care about is money. Not every companies are such despicable ones, but such companies exist: Search Radium Girls for an example.
    So show some love for Rose. She stopped Finn's Kamikaze on battering ram, endangering what remains of Resistance. It was all thanks to this that Mark Hamill got a chance to be "Luke" Skywalker a true hero and jedi who saved entire galaxy, rather than "Jake" Skywalker who attempted to kill his nephew and went into exile as a savage.

How does that work? I mean, its battering the kitten out of the blast doors and he's driving straight into the beam. He must've had evasion up or something...
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    At the end of the day TLJ is the newest installment of the star wars saga - like it or not, Rose was a major character in that movie. Disney is pushing the media and marketing etc of TLJ - which includes this game and if the Devs are told to add Rose, then that's what they are gonna do.

I just hope that we get characters of more worthy addition, who also were MAJOR characters in more ways than Rose ever was or could be - such as Padme for one.

At the end of the day if Rose's kit is good, then she will be farmed by everyone, regardless of what her presence or character was in the movie.

Please Dev team - show some love to some of the older main characters, not just what is new and exciting now, because when TLJ rolls out, the new Han Solo movie rolls in, again time away from beefing up wanted and justified toons such as Padme, Jango, Droideka, ROTJ Luke etc etc because later this year are we wanting another Han or a young Lando too?

Very nicely stated! This topic should be closed with your post (quoted above) being the last one. Nothing more or less needs to be said than this.
  • Options
    You are all so, so wrong. We won't just get rose. We'll be getting a Dozen Roses for Feb - she's gonna make Four Hans and a Chewie seem like a pleasant memory.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm story group, loves her. She was "very hungry to create female characters who felt real"(quote from her interview with NYT). Also some of her womansplaining had a bit of truth in it: The statement that companies do not give a kitten about what's good or bad, and that all they care about is money. Not every companies are such despicable ones, but such companies exist: Search Radium Girls for an example.
    So show some love for Rose. She stopped Finn's Kamikaze on battering ram, endangering what remains of Resistance. It was all thanks to this that Mark Hamill got a chance to be "Luke" Skywalker a true hero and jedi who saved entire galaxy, rather than "Jake" Skywalker who attempted to kill his nephew and went into exile as a savage.

Sure, as was said before, Rose makes so much more sense when you imagine that she is actually a First Order agent. Making sure nobody escapes the doomed ships, contributing to Poe's mutiny, turning the Canto Bright against the Resistance by ruining their favorite pastime, stopping Finn from destroying the battering ram... Basically everything she does benefits the FO.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Yeah I really do not see the importance of having Rose in the game. Especially before Revan, Bossk, Jango, Aurra Sing, Padme, Droideka, etc

Who?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Just imagine she is secretly a First Order agent and suddenly her character makes sense. Pretty much everything she does benefits the FO.
  • Options
    You are all so, so wrong. We won't just get rose. We'll be getting a Dozen Roses for Feb - she's gonna make Four Hans and a Chewie seem like a pleasant memory.

LOL
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Chagoth wrote: »
    Yeah I really do not see the importance of having Rose in the game. Especially before Revan, Bossk, Jango, Aurra Sing, Padme, Droideka, etc

Who?

Rose, that Resistance technician. It is understandable that you don't remember her.
  • Options
    hope she sucks i dont want to use her
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Maybe the movie didn't do Rose justice, hopefully she has some cool abilities if she is getting added
    I really thought Finn was just going to jump out of the ship as it was hurtling towards the First Order cannon thing, because there were too many sacrifices in a row and Finn took his communicator off the same way Poe did, so it obviously wouldn't be the same thing again, but that wasn't the case and Rose showed up out of nowhere, so definitely a lame character if that was her role in the movie.
    The whole sequence of events on that one planet felt edited and lacking, Luke's instant transmission or whatever he was doing had his lightsaber and Kylo bought it even though he and Rey destroyed it in an earlier scene, and don't tell me he was blinded by rage because he was still able to recognize when Finn had it in episode 7 and was still wounded enough to lose to Rey.
    Actually the fact Luke survived all those blaster shots should have been a clearer sign, but whatever the whole movie is annoying to think about now
    Post edited by Allenb60 on
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    What makes even less sense is how did Rose and Finn get back to the base after she crashed into Finn at the feet of the ATAT's
    If I remember correctly Finn ditched her and two other nameless characters dragged her back to the rest of the Resistance base, somehow they got all the way there and back even though they didn't have any more ships
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Literally no one wants this.
    Shut up, I want it.

No you don't. Rose Tico doesn't want this. She's a worse character than Darth jar jar

Well, golly, I don’t know how to counter that. I tremble in awe of your searing logic and forceful silvery tongue.

“I don’t like this character so it shouldn’t be in the game” is nonsense. Just don’t farm her if you feel that way. I’m going to get her because I liked the character.

As I said: Not everything is for you. Deal with it.

The problem isn't necessarily her being out into the game. It's her being out in before the many other characters people have been asking for for ages and from everything I've seen and everyone I've talked to the overwhelming majority of people don't like or care for rose. I know you'll have some snark comment about this reply but no matter what you say the overwhelming majority dont want her and she served little purpose in the movie. If she wasnt in it at all the movie would be mo different. Shes a filler toon and nothing more.
  • Options
    So is that a confirmation?
    Rose is confirmed?
    The just merged two threads called "Hold on to what you love" and "Rose".
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Literally no one wants this.
    Shut up, I want it.

No you don't. Rose Tico doesn't want this. She's a worse character than Darth jar jar

Well, golly, I don’t know how to counter that. I tremble in awe of your searing logic and forceful silvery tongue.

“I don’t like this character so it shouldn’t be in the game” is nonsense. Just don’t farm her if you feel that way. I’m going to get her because I liked the character.

As I said: Not everything is for you. Deal with it.

The problem isn't necessarily her being out into the game. It's her being out in before the many other characters people have been asking for for ages and from everything I've seen and everyone I've talked to the overwhelming majority of people don't like or care for rose. I know you'll have some snark comment about this reply but no matter what you say the overwhelming majority dont want her and she served little purpose in the movie. If she wasnt in it at all the movie would be mo different. Shes a filler toon and nothing more.

Exactly. By getting characters like her, we are basically told that nobody cares about what we want. The demand for more KOTOR characters is constant, just like for some iconic characters from the prequels. Or, if we need to stay with TLJ, Hux. We have been asking where he is since TFA. Rose somehow gets priority over all that.
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I hope Rose is gonna be soooo OP lol :D

The hate of her character is making me sick.. I don’t like her that much either, but come on... Jar Jar level hate? Its so childish..

Get over it

Thanks Dad. Glad you’re so above us who express that we don’t like her. Don’t lose your head riding your exceptionally high horse through a tunnel.

Oh god please.. :'(:p

Instead of giving me a useless reply, you could have told me why shes a Jar Jar 2.0.. I really can’t take that seriously

She did literally nothing at all for the film. The acting was horrible. The character was horrible. At least jar jar blew up a couple droids. Heck he saved padme if you want to venture outside the movies a bit. She's just a waste of space and there's so many other toons who have character and actually did something in the star wars universe that could've been added.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    CKRanger11 wrote: »
    I loved the movie and I thought Rose, while not being action-oriented, fit the theme perfectly. Sorry to see that so many didn't like the movie or her. I'm not quite sure it's worthy of such outrage, though.

I think the outrage comes from the linear-ness of this type of game. You sit around a lot waiting on something - it's weeks between releases often and can be more, and then something drops you hate while something you'd like is passed over yet again. Would be nice if we had more options to control the direction of what we could work on. Like I really want a unique for my DV and a zeta on EP. I don't want Rose or Holdo ... or honestly FOE I'd trade for an EP zeta in a heartbeat. Some really disliked Rose in SW, so it's a double-down rage where people are being force-fed stuff they don't like and can't get what they want....and that builds up for a long time. It's just bad timing now because of the controversial TLJ and it's characters and plot and the fact that CG HAS to put these toons out cause Disney. Think if players actually had choices to pick...you can custom-rework GG, you can choose to modify DV, you could put 2 zetas on EP, you could rework BH .... the linear aspect of these games does wear on you. There's no freedom. Devs keep shoving OP metas down our throats too making arena a serious of monotonous hero Journeys. Rose is just the whipping girl here IMO...but it's really people aren't getting what they want - especially the large section of Dark Side users.

+1000. I’m also mad because I’ve had comments deleted that didn’t break forum rules whatsoever. I was stating my opinion and whoever handles deleting comments should not do so if the comment does not break any rules. That’s my opinion and also goes along with the concept of freedom of speech, something that is more important than ever in this day and age.

If you weren't breaking any forum rules there's an excellent chance your comments were caught by the spam filter and not actually deleted by anybody. [I will try to refrain from engaging in an argument about what freedom of speech means.]

No don't do it. Lord don't do it if you want to be able to keep posting lol.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen the movie twice and still didn't know who she was. So a mechanic who did nothing but crash into finn while he somehow flew thru the beam that was melting a giant walldoor is a character. What's next, some helmet that was in the movie for 3 seconds?? oh, right.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Everyone who thinks it's Rose or Holdo is wrong. Its clearly 90s pop group En Vogue.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=liT8cILFAV4
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I love coffee
    willrow-hood-star-wars-ice-cream-man-lucasfilm.jpg
    Willrow Hood saves the coffee pot and gives all allies +50 speed!
    edit: or was he looting? First new scoundrel for Solo solo film? Hmmmmmmmmmm...
  • Options
    Ahah bunch of child...

I don't like Rose either, just like I don't like Nute Gunray or CPU. But I wont cry because they release a character that I don't like, yeah I didn't got Revan or any Jango, but look, it take me so long to have Nihilus or Talzin, but I also got Pao and Garmorean Guard, you know character that I didn't wanted. The only thing that I want to say is : Look, I know that some people want this character and other don't. But we are not going to always be happy about every character release. Be patient my fellow Jedi !

That guy who understand CG
  • Options
    star-wars-battlefront-2-iden-versio.jpg

Wait up...

Didn't Iden Versio say this line verbatim in the campaign of Battlefront 2?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Ugh, this sucks. I don’t want Rose or Holdo. Those are the most annoying characters, aside from Jar Jar.

Then don't farm them. Good Lord, not everything is for you.

Yea....until they are mandatory to acquire a more important character....dont be so **** shortsighted....its more than justified for people to not want them then later down the line be forced to farm them....
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm still struggling to understand why how we feel about any particular character in the SW storyline has any real bearing on whether they should or should not be included in this game. Regardless of Rose's performance (or lack there of, depending on your point of view) in TLJ, her potential impact on the game is a totally separate matter. For all of those shouting about NOT adding her, would you seriously tell me that you wouldn't use her if her kit was comparable to CLS or Thrawn or even Finn, Poe, Res Trooper, etc.?
  • Options
    CsKVvx4UIAAarif.jpg
    Dang it! It was an ice cream maker.
    That's OK. I love ice cream too!
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Wait up...

Let's say I'm right and it is her...it better be EMPIRE version.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options

Wait up...

What game do you think you're playing? OBVIOUSLY it's the reb version complete with Orange droid. anything else is delusional thinking in this game.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    I'm still struggling to understand why how we feel about any particular character in the SW storyline has any real bearing on whether they should or should not be included in this game. Regardless of Rose's performance (or lack there of, depending on your point of view) in TLJ, her potential impact on the game is a totally separate matter. For all of those shouting about NOT adding her, would you seriously tell me that you wouldn't use her if her kit was comparable to CLS or Thrawn or even Finn, Poe, Res Trooper, etc.?

Of course we'd use her, just that no one really wants her and certainly doesn't want another chore of being "forced" (air quotes) to farm her from a tough spot if she is critical to a certain team composition. I just hope she is a freebie like Bhodi or Phasma and goes right to GW or Arena shipments.

• Options

Wait up...

What game do you think you're playing? OBVIOUSLY it's the reb version complete with Orange droid. anything else is delusional thinking in this game.

This. For real. It's not called "Star Wars: Galaxy of Rebels" for nothing!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    She's gonna be the missing key to making JTR truly BA. There might be riots, but it will happen.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
This discussion has been closed.