"Hold on to what you love"

Replies

• Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Xerrath wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I personally dig the current trend of 'What's Ahead' topics popping up in General after a Game Update. Also more than happy to encourage speculation threads that contain both positive and critical feedback/discussion, but in order to keep threads like this open, let's keep it within the forum guidelines.

I do hope that you all are listening to the overwhelming response from the community that there are characters wanted and those that simply are not.

Let’s keep an open mind and hope that if they release an overwhelmingly unpopular character like rose the. They will also be releasing someone who is a crowd favorite very soon to appease the masses lol. There are many people to choose from so I wish all you devs good luck.

Spot on.

Characters we want:
    Revan
    Malak
    KOTOR in general
    Jango
    Embo
    Hando
    Bounty Hunters in general
    Jabba
    Padme (Geonosis)
    Episode 1 characters
    Droideka
    Dare I say Jar Jar?
    More Clones - Wolfe, Fox, Commando
    C3P0

Characters we don’t want:
    Rose
    Holdo
    DJ
    Ewoks
    More generic troopers
    Odd, barely mentioned Colonels from an obscure reference book that served in the battle of Hoth.

But we seemingly get the latter group, almost always lately. :( Jedi Rey being the only exception. People complain about power creep but I would rather chase useful, strong new toons than have a 2* no name marquee character sit on my bench for a year.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    star-wars-battlefront-2-iden-versio.jpg

Wait up...

Didn't Iden Versio say this line verbatim in the campaign of Battlefront 2?

Let's say I'm right and it is her...it better be EMPIRE version.

What game do you think you're playing? OBVIOUSLY it's the reb version complete with Orange droid. anything else is delusional thinking in this game.

Touche.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    I'm still struggling to understand why how we feel about any particular character in the SW storyline has any real bearing on whether they should or should not be included in this game. Regardless of Rose's performance (or lack there of, depending on your point of view) in TLJ, her potential impact on the game is a totally separate matter. For all of those shouting about NOT adding her, would you seriously tell me that you wouldn't use her if her kit was comparable to CLS or Thrawn or even Finn, Poe, Res Trooper, etc.?

You do realize that for most people, the characters here are more than just skillsets on a stick, right? That there are people farming and using characters simply because they like them?
    And yes, I will avoid using her unless she is necessary for getting someone I want or not dropping below top 100 in arena. And I guess I will get her to 7* if it is easy, just to fill up platoons and get her repeatedly killed in raid registration...
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I would hate to be the one to bust your balloon here, but I think it would be a fair argument to say that some future event will require you to farm characters you aren't particularly interested in just to unlock someone that you are. I had, and still have, no interest in FO but I farmed them to unlock BB8. To further that statement, I wasn't all that interested in BB8 as a character (goofy comic relief is about all he/she/it provided in the movies) but I could easily see the game value of what having the little bugger could offer my roster.

Long story short, if all you are interested in is collecting the characters that you like, then please feel free to do so. This game offers that option to players of that persuasion. If, instead, you are looking to compete with the top end players in arena, TB, TW, etc. you will eventually be forced to collect characters you have no interest in.
  • Some of you act like they actually have a choice in what characters to release. Disney makes them release characters that tie in with the most recent installments - be it movie, TV show or book. It's called "cross-promotion". They are also probably overworked, understaffed and under paid, so what do you expect them to do? Work on characters from Episode IV in their free time??

I am honestly surprised at some of the naivety being expressed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Some of you act like they actually have a choice in what characters to release. Disney makes them release characters that tie in with the most recent installments - be it movie, TV show or book. It's called "cross-promotion". They are also probably overworked, understaffed and under paid, so what do you expect them to do? Work on characters from Episode IV in their free time??

Were you not aware that the smoldering hatred of a handful of forum posters that as a whole represent a nearly insignificant slice of the users of the game have a divine mandate to establish which characters are okay to add to the game?
  • Yeah but what about broom boy. I want broom boy. He had some sick moves. He could be a cleanser.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Some of you act like they actually have a choice in what characters to release. Disney makes them release characters that tie in with the most recent installments - be it movie, TV show or book. It's called "cross-promotion". They are also probably overworked, understaffed and under paid, so what do you expect them to do? Work on characters from Episode IV in their free time??

Were you not aware that the smoldering hatred of a handful of forum posters that as a whole represent a nearly insignificant slice of the users of the game have a divine mandate to establish which characters are okay to add to the game?

Do you really believe that people who dislike Rose are "nearly insignificant slice"? Sounds more like wishful thinking to me. And adding an universally disliked character will hurt the game, so yes, the fans do kinda have a mandate to establish which characters are okay. Why do you think Jar Jar isn't here and the devs are generally focusing on the OT over the prequels?
    And about that cross-promotion thing, it's not like Rose is the only character they could use to promote TLJ...
  • She's gonna be the missing key to making JTR truly BA. There might be riots, but it will happen.

Prophecy
  • Nauros wrote: »

Do you really believe that people who dislike Rose are "nearly insignificant slice"? Sounds more like wishful thinking to me. And adding an universally disliked character will hurt the game, so yes, the fans do kinda have a mandate to establish which characters are okay. Why do you think Jar Jar isn't here and the devs are generally focusing on the OT over the prequels?
    And about that cross-promotion thing, it's not like Rose is the only character they could use to promote TLJ...

The people who post on this forum *are* an insignificant slice of the game's population.

If they put her in as a Legendary event that'd probably be pushing it. But seriously, we have characters like CUP and JKG and Pao in the game. No one really cares if 50% of the playerbase don't like Rose. Their lives will go on, they will not farm her and forget about it.

We had these same discussions before Phoenix was added -- people frothing at the mouth -- how dare they add in characters I personally detest!?

And now, no one talks about it, and nobody died, and very few players are likely to have quit because they didn't like Phoenix. So, unsurprisingly, CG and EA couldn't care less whether you don't like Rose. They'll put her in anyway, and just like with Phoenix everyone's life will go on, and barely anybody will care enough about the inexcusable morale offense of adding her that they actually quit.

• MilMuertes
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I personally dig the current trend of 'What's Ahead' topics popping up in General after a Game Update. Also more than happy to encourage speculation threads that contain both positive and critical feedback/discussion, but in order to keep threads like this open, let's keep it within the forum guidelines.

I do hope that you all are listening to the overwhelming response from the community that there are characters wanted and those that simply are not.

Let’s keep an open mind and hope that if they release an overwhelmingly unpopular character like rose the. They will also be releasing someone who is a crowd favorite very soon to appease the masses lol. There are many people to choose from so I wish all you devs good luck.

Spot on.

Characters we want:
    Revan
    Malak
    KOTOR in general
    Jango
    Embo
    Hando
    Jabba
    Padme (Geonosis)
    Episode 1 characters
    Droideka
    Dare I say Jar Jar?
    C3P0

Rose
    Holdo
    DJ
    Ewoks
    More generic troopers
    Odd, barely mentioned Colonels from an obscure reference book that served in the battle of Hoth.

But we seemingly get the latter group, almost always lately. :( Jedi Rey being the only exception. People complain about power creep but I would rather chase useful, strong new toons than have a 2* no name marquee character sit on my bench for a year.

Don't want Kotor characters at all. They dont exist anymore. Learn to accept it. I've accepted Mara Jade doesn't exist. Jacen and Jania don't exist. Starkiller doesnt exist. Nihlus and HK shouldn't exist in game.

I do want Holdo for ships. DJ should be a DS scoundrel in game. Ewoks...bring them on so you can all cry about murder bears. Rose, don't care for her character but like it or not, you're going to see her in ep 9 so she has a place in game.

All this last jedi hate makes me laugh. You all hated Lucas so here's what you get. Be careful what you wish for.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

The people who post on this forum *are* an insignificant slice of the game's population.
    So you think that absolutely nothing posted here actually matters?

If they put her in as a Legendary event that'd probably be pushing it. But seriously, we have characters like CUP and JKG and Pao in the game. No one really cares if 50% of the playerbase don't like Rose. Their lives will go on, they will not farm her and forget about it.

We had these same discussions before Phoenix was added -- people frothing at the mouth -- how dare they add in characters I personally detest!?

And now, no one talks about it, and nobody died, and very few players are likely to have quit because they didn't like Phoenix. So, unsurprisingly, CG and EA couldn't care less whether you don't like Rose. They'll put her in anyway, and just like with Phoenix everyone's life will go on, and barely anybody will care enough about the inexcusable morale offense of adding her that they actually quit.
    Let me put it simply. The devs work on a character. That costs time and money. If the character is disliked by the majority of the fanbase, they will not farm that character, as you yourself said. They will not spend money on the character either. Therefore, the game makes less money. Making less money hurts the game.
    tldr: Releasing an universally disliked character hurts the game, no need for players to actually quit.
    Oh, by the way, do you have anything to actually support your claim that nobody has quit because of the addition of unpopular characters or is it more wishful thinking?
  • MilMuertes wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Spot on.

Characters we want:
    Revan
    Malak
    KOTOR in general
    Jango
    Embo
    Hando
    Jabba
    Padme (Geonosis)
    Episode 1 characters
    Droideka
    Dare I say Jar Jar?
    C3P0

Rose
    Holdo
    DJ
    Ewoks
    More generic troopers

Don't want Kotor characters at all. They dont exist anymore. Learn to accept it. I've accepted Mara Jade doesn't exist. Jacen and Jania don't exist. Starkiller doesnt exist. Nihlus and HK shouldn't exist in game.

I do want Holdo for ships. DJ should be a DS scoundrel in game. Ewoks...bring them on so you can all cry about murder bears. Rose, don't care for her character but like it or not, you're going to see her in ep 9 so she has a place in game.

All this last jedi hate makes me laugh. You all hated Lucas so here's what you get. Be careful what you wish for.

This is false. KOTOR characters have not been displaced from canon yet. Matter of fact, hints and dialogue in Rebels and Ep8 point to KOTOR-era stuff actually happening.

They may rewrite some things but the characters seemingly existed.

So you think that absolutely nothing posted here actually matters?

Let me put it simply. The devs work on a character. That costs time and money. If the character is disliked by the majority of the fanbase, they will not farm that character, as you yourself said. They will not spend money on the character either. Therefore, the game makes less money. Making less money hurts the game.
    tldr: Releasing an universally disliked character hurts the game, no need for players to actually quit.
    Oh, by the way, do you have anything to actually support your claim that nobody has quit because of the addition of unpopular characters or is it more wishful thinking?

If the character helps them win, competitive players will pay to get her no matter what they think of the character. Who would pay to get Grievous in his current state? People pay for the kits more than the face they wear.
  • MilMuertes wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Spot on.

Characters we want:
    Revan
    Malak
    KOTOR in general

Well nihlus and HK are in game so quit crying. People like you is why we get garbage toons.
    Holdo for ships... Please. What did she do sit on a ship and light speed it at another ship. She stunk as bad as rose, and DJ was a clown as well. Savvy?
  • The Last Jedi has turned out to be a controversial film and one of the criticisms even people who like the film have is the character Rose, so it's likely she would be a controversial inclusion in the game and as some people are saying it may effect how much money the game makes.

Even if Rose is overpowered and required for an arena team to do well I will not be farming her.
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Spot on.

Characters we want:
    Revan
    Malak
    KOTOR in general
    Jango
    Embo
    Hando
    Jabba
    Padme (Geonosis)
    Episode 1 characters
    Droideka
    Dare I say Jar Jar?
    C3P0

Rose
    Holdo
    DJ
    Ewoks
    More generic troopers

This is false. KOTOR characters have not been displaced from canon yet. Matter of fact, hints and dialogue in Rebels and Ep8 point to KOTOR-era stuff actually happening.

Revan might actually be canon again by an item of his found in The Last Jedi
    https://movieweb.com/last-jedi-darth-revan-official-star-wars-canon/
    universally disliked character

Your distaste for Rose doesn't make her universally disliked. That *is* wishful thinking.

From what I see, most people are ambivalent towards Rose and don't despise her. I get that some people here do despise her, but I really don't think most people care.

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Releasing Rose fills me with hope that one day we'll get Jar Jar.
    Hey folks,

Spot on.

Characters we want:
    Revan
    Malak
    KOTOR in general
    Jango
    Embo
    Hando
    Jabba
    Padme (Geonosis)
    Episode 1 characters
    Droideka
    Dare I say Jar Jar?
    C3P0

Rose
    Holdo
    DJ
    Ewoks
    More generic troopers

Exactly. Plus all the nods to the Mandalorian Wars in Rebels, among other nods to the Old Republic era.

Disney MIGHT rewrite some stuff to fit whatever they want, but I assume the characters will stay pretty much intact because, you know, money talks.
    Hey folks,

Spot on.

Characters we want:
    Revan
    Malak
    KOTOR in general
    Jango
    Embo
    Hando
    Jabba
    Padme (Geonosis)
    Episode 1 characters
    Droideka
    Dare I say Jar Jar?
    C3P0

Rose
    Holdo
    DJ
    Ewoks
    More generic troopers

Exactly. Plus all the nods to the Mandalorian Wars in Rebels, among other nods to the Old Republic era.

Disney MIGHT rewrite some stuff to fit whatever they want, but I assume the characters will stay pretty much intact because, you know, money talks.

Its basically the same thing they did with Thrawn
    Hey folks,

Spot on.

Characters we want:
    Revan
    Malak
    KOTOR in general
    Jango
    Embo
    Hando
    Jabba
    Padme (Geonosis)
    Episode 1 characters
    Droideka
    Dare I say Jar Jar?
    C3P0

Rose
    Holdo
    DJ
    Ewoks
    More generic troopers

Its basically the same thing they did with Thrawn

Yep. No way they just throw away money making characters/events.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    universally disliked character

Your distaste for Rose doesn't make her universally disliked. That *is* wishful thinking.

From what I see, most people are ambivalent towards Rose and don't despise her. I get that some people here do despise her, but I really don't think most people care.

I guess your statement might make sense, considering that you dismiss this forum in general. Although I have to admit, I didn't manage to find a character popularity poll including TLJ characters (there are some older ones), so this forum is the only information I have now.
  • Gunna laugh so hard if the dev's are just tricking and they mean that they're gunna put in a toon the community actually loves...
    I know it wont happen, but it'd be funny seeing them troll the whole community like this from them just saying a few words. Haha.

You either want toons in this game or don't, i have toons i dont want, doesn't make me use them... that's the great diversity we do have. No use raining on people's parades or criticizing the hard work the devs do...
  • Yeah but what about broom boy. I want broom boy. He had some sick moves. He could be a cleanser.

This really cracked me up. 10/10
  • Shahram1222
    198 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, bring on broom boy and the horse ostriches! How about some lactating island creatures? We need more animals. Wampa is not enough!
  • Yes, bring on broom boy and the horse ostriches! How about some lactating island creatures? We need more animals. Wampa is not enough!

giphy.gif
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It’s Holdo as fleet commander and you will need all First Order pilots and their ships at at least 5 stars to unlock her. This is true btw...

This discussion has been closed.