Team Droids on Roids...the new Meta?

Replies

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    My probe droid is locked at 45/80.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    You can disagree all you want. I've watched plenty of videos with Chopper and played against him as well as having played a lot with K2S0... this isn't a theory. Chopper doesn't reduce ID any faster than K2S0 does.

Chopper has 152 base speed and 2 specials, which reduce ID cooldown by # of allies that have secret intel when used (typically this will be 3-5 when Chopper goes after BB-8 and R-2). He also has a 30% assist chance off these very speedy droids, and has a base physical critical rating higher than K-2S0.

Every time he assists, he has a 60% chance to reduce the speedy droid's CD's by 1 (which applies to their specials AND illuminated destiny).

You're wrong. Trollsbane is right. Unsurprisingly.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Tannjam wrote: »
    You can disagree all you want. I've watched plenty of videos with Chopper and played against him as well as having played a lot with K2S0... this isn't a theory. Chopper doesn't reduce ID any faster than K2S0 does.

Chopper has 152 base speed and 2 specials, which reduce ID cooldown by # of allies that have secret intel when used (typically this will be 3-5 when Chopper goes after BB-8 and R-2). He also has a 30% assist chance off these very speedy droids, and has a base physical critical rating higher than K-2S0.

Every time he assists, he has a 60% chance to reduce the speedy droid's CD's by 1 (which applies to their specials AND illuminated destiny).

Let's do some math here. 30% chance to assist means less than1 in 3 attacks he assists. 60% chance to reduce CDs means roughly half the time he reduces CDs. 4 droids means 1 in 4 assists he reduces ID CD. So roughly 1 out of every 24 speedy Droid attacks will reduce ID CD.

A less than 1 in 3 chance to assist means speedy droids would have to take 3 turns to the enemies 1 for chopper to attack out of turn more than k2 (they don't by the way)

Chopper does have 2 specials with 3 and 4 turn CDs.

Bb8 and r2 go less than 3 times for every opponent attack which means k2's 97.6 counter chance leads to more out of turn CD reduction than choppers assist which takes care of the speed difference.

K2's 2 turn CD on special means he uses specials as often as chopper's 4 and 3 turn CDs.

Since experience isn't good enough for you. There's math that shows I'm right too... Unsurprisingly. He is theorizing. I'm speaking from experience. Chopper doesn't speed up ID any faster than k2.
  • Options
    Anyone have any video of this team with K2 to compare against? Ideally, if they have both and ran against the same team, just switching K2 for chopper.
  • Options

Let's do some math here. 30% chance to assist means less than1 in 3 attacks he assists. 60% chance to reduce CDs means roughly half the time he reduces CDs. 4 droids means 1 in 4 assists he reduces ID CD. So roughly 1 out of every 24 speedy Droid attacks will reduce ID CD.

A less than 1 in 3 chance to assist means speedy droids would have to take 3 turns to the enemies 1 for chopper to attack out of turn more than k2 (they don't by the way)

Bb8 and r2 go less than 3 times for every opponent attack which means k2's 97.6 counter chance leads to more out of turn CD reduction than choppers assist which takes care of the speed difference.

K2's 2 turn CD on special means he uses specials as often as chopper's 4 and 3 turn CDs.

Since experience isn't good enough for you. There's math that shows I'm right too... Unsurprisingly. He is theorizing. I'm speaking from experience. Chopper doesn't speed up ID any faster than k2.

You assume too much. I've run droids extensively in arena and have used K2SO successfully and have him geared. I'd even say without a doubt I've used K2SO much more than you ever have. For whatever reason you want to get defensive because others believe Chopper works better in a RJT/IPD squad. Here's what you keep missing... it's all about speed. K2SO is not fast. Chopper is extremely fast and buffs other droids with speed up. Each droid (R2, BB8, Chopper, IPD) at the end of their turn gives IPD 5% TM. The faster everyone is the sooner ID goes off. It's that simple. The faster everyone is the more TM Rey gets from Secret Intel spreading.
    You may think the speed difference is minor and not an issue but in arena the slow droid is going to lose.

https://swgoh.gg/u/trollsbane/

• Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Considering K2's counter chance is easily negated by daze (against RJT teams) or stun and his taunt is easily negated by buff immunity (facing CLS teams), he's not going to get this steady stream of attacks/counters that you're theorizing.
    Post edited by Tannjam on
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A
    Trollsbane wrote: »

You assume too much. I've run droids extensively in arena and have used K2SO successfully and have him geared. I'd even say without a doubt I've used K2SO much more than you ever have. For whatever reason you want to get defensive because others believe Chopper works better in a RJT/IPD squad. Here's what you keep missing... it's all about speed. K2SO is not fast. Chopper is extremely fast and buffs other droids with speed up. Each droid (R2, BB8, Chopper, IPD) at the end of their turn gives IPD 5% TM. The faster everyone is the sooner ID goes off. It's that simple. The faster everyone is the more TM Rey gets from Secret Intel spreading.
    You may think the speed difference is minor and not an issue but in arena the slow droid is going to lose.

I find it doubtful you have used k2 more than I. He's been in my arena team for 14 months. Been in the top 10 with him for about 6 of those (CLS and jtr) top 20/50 for another 6 (hk). I'm not getting defensive in the slightest. I'm getting corrective.

With r2's stealth. K2 can tank and attack numerous times without ever going once. Speed is literally irrelevant for k2 when he's paired with r2.

You are also mistaken in thinking that everyone going faster means jtr goes faster. It's only when Resistance allies gain secret Intel that she gains tm.

My profile link is in my signature.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
  • Options
  • Options
    A

I find it doubtful you have used k2 more than I. He's been in my arena team for 14 months. Been in the top 10 with him for about 6 of those (CLS and jtr) top 20/50 for another 6 (hk). I'm not getting defensive in the slightest. I'm getting corrective.

You are also mistaken in thinking that everyone meeting faster makes jtr faster. She only gains tm when resistance allies gain secret Intel.

I see the problem now. You are a K2SO fanboy who can't accept that he MIGHT not be the best droid for all squads. You keep using K2SO in all your squads because that's who you have geared. I've geared them all and tested them all. I know exactly how K2SO stacks up to Chopper because I've used both. I'm not trying to convince you to use Chopper. I'm not even saying K2SO is bad. I just think you are way off on this topic and you obviously have zero experience using Chopper in a droid squad.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A

You are also mistaken in thinking that everyone meeting faster makes jtr faster. She only gains tm when resistance allies gain secret Intel.

I see the problem now. You are a K2SO fanboy who can't accept that he MIGHT not be the best droid for all squads. You keep using K2SO in all your squads because that's who you have geared. I've geared them all and tested them all. I know exactly how K2SO stacks up to Chopper because I've used both. I'm not trying to convince you to use Chopper. I'm not even saying K2SO is bad. I just think you are way off on this topic and you obviously have zero experience using Chopper in a droid squad.

Can't beat the logic so you continue to resort to baseless assumptions. Good job. Yes I am a k2 fan boy. He also the best tank in the game in any Droid synergy team. That's not an assumption. The fact that I've regularly gotten top ranks with him shows my opinion of his ability is not simple fanboyism.

The fact that you started off saying I know nothing about k2 and then instantly reversed yourself shows you to be the one who must be right regardless of facts, not I.

When it comes to ID chopper is no better than k2. His buffs are duplicates of id buffs so have reduced value. Offense down and daze have more value.

His auto taunt protects jtr and bb better than chopper ever could.

Considering K2's counter chance is easily negated by daze (against RJT teams) or stun and his taunt is easily negated by ability block (facing CLS teams), he's not going to get this steady stream of attacks/counters that you're theorizing.

No theory to it buddy. It's experience. Ability block does nothing to stop his taunt since it is an auto taunt. Neither do buff wipes or (thanks to r2) buff immunity. As for daze and stun, they cripple chopper just as much so are irrelevant to the comparison.
  • Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A

You are also mistaken in thinking that everyone going faster means jtr goes faster. It's only when Resistance allies gain secret Intel that she gains tm.

A

Can't beat the logic so you continue to resort to baseless assumptions. Good job. Yes I am a k2 fan boy. He also the best tank in the game in any Droid synergy team. That's not an assumption

When it comes to ID chopper is no better than k2. His buffs are duplicates of id buffs so have reduced value. Offense down and daze have more value.

Considering K2's counter chance is easily negated by daze (against RJT teams) or stun and his taunt is easily negated by ability block (facing CLS teams), he's not going to get this steady stream of attacks/counters that you're theorizing.

No theory to it buddy. It's experience. Ability block does nothing to stop his taunt since it is an auto taunt. Neither do buff wipes or (thanks to r2) buff immunity.

A few things... When K2S0 has debuffs his counter chance drops to 50%. Here's how it will go down, RJT will Mind Trick K2SO preventing counters with Daze and also removing his TM. Now you are stuck with a slow droid who can't counter. If he's not countering then he's not critting and he's not reducing any cooldown. Your R2 will stealth all but K2SO making him a non-countering slow target that will get dropped quick.

Now let's look at Chopper. He's fast, really fast... and will likely get a turn in before RJT uses mind tricks on him. On top of that when BB8 and R2 use their specials at the beginning of the match Chopper is already potentially assisting reducing the other droids cooldowns from his unique ability as well as reducing ID cooldowns if he crits on the assist. All this is happening before your K2SO gets a turn. Chopper gets 30% evasion when he taunts making him hard to hit and he gains 15% max health at the start of his turn and gains Protection up whenever he is damaged by an attack. If Chopper gets Dazed he is still extremely fast and will still be attacking often.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A

A

Can't beat the logic so you continue to resort to baseless assumptions. Good job. Yes I am a k2 fan boy. He also the best tank in the game in any Droid synergy team. That's not an assumption

No theory to it buddy. It's experience. Ability block does nothing to stop his taunt since it is an auto taunt. Neither do buff wipes or (thanks to r2) buff immunity.

A few things... When K2S0 has debuffs his counter chance drops to 50%. Here's how it will go down, RJT will Mind Trick K2SO preventing counters with Daze and also removing his TM. Now you are stuck with a slow droid who can't counter. Your R2 will stealth all but K2SO making him a non-countering slow target that will get dropped quick.

Now let's look at Chopper. He's fast, really fast... and will likely get a turn in before RJT uses mind tricks on him. On top of that when BB8 and R2 use their specials at the beginning of the match Chopper is already potentially assisting reducing the other droids cooldowns from his unique ability as well as reducing ID cooldowns if he crits on the assist. All this is happening before your K2SO gets a turn. Chopper gets 30% evasion when he taunts making him hard to hit and he gains 15% max health at the start of his turn and gains Protection up whenever he is damaged by an attack. If Chopper gets Dazed he is still extremely fast and will still be attacking often.

Ok. With chopper in instead of k2, jtr mind tricks on your jtr because she's the one r2 leaves out of stealth. Sounds like a worse scenario to me. As for the debuffs, k2 will drop them as soon as he goes or counters and crits thanks to r2.

Your arguments against k2 here pan out worse with chopper in the comp.
  • Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A

A

A few things... When K2S0 has debuffs his counter chance drops to 50%. Here's how it will go down, RJT will Mind Trick K2SO preventing counters with Daze and also removing his TM. Now you are stuck with a slow droid who can't counter. Your R2 will stealth all but K2SO making him a non-countering slow target that will get dropped quick.

Ok. With chopper in instead of k2, jtr mind tricks on your jtr because she's the one r2 leaves out of stealth. Sounds like a worse scenario to me. As for the debuffs, k2 will drop them as soon as he goes or counters and crits thanks to r2.

If you watched the videos R2 leaves himself out of stealth not RJT.

Anyways, you're in denial! Lol, whatever dude. Have fun with your K2SO squad. I decided you deserve to run the inferior tank! See ya!
  • Options
    No theory to it buddy. It's experience. Ability block does nothing to stop his taunt since it is an auto taunt. Neither do buff wipes or (thanks to r2) buff immunity. As for daze and stun, they cripple chopper just as much so are irrelevant to the comparison.

I obviously meant Buff Immunity, not ability block. No-one in their right mind is going to daze chopper over BB-8, RJT, or R2-D2.

You have no experience with a high-geared chopper (yours is G9) so really you're basing your "experience" on one side of the argument. Trollsbane has experience with both - I know this, because he's on my arena shard. It's fine man, you can admit you're wrong.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A

A

Anyways, you're in denial! Lol, whatever dude. Have fun with your K2SO squad. I decided you deserve to run the inferior tank! See ya!

Not denial, just more experienced. Whether it's r2 or jtr, that's still a worse scenario than it being k2.

I obviously meant Buff Immunity, not ability block. No-one in their right mind is going to daze chopper over BB-8, RJT, or R2-D2.

You have no experience with a high-geared chopper (yours is G9) so really you're basing your "experience" on one side of the argument. Trollsbane has experience with both - I know this, because he's on my arena shard. It's fine man, you can admit you're wrong.
    The fact that no one would daze chopper over jtr, bb, or r2 is yet another feather in k2's cap. He keeps that from happening to those more important characters

The experience with k2 is more important than the experience with chopper since there are many videos with chopper in... Not so much with k2. Also I have faced chopper in jtr teams a lot so I know how ineffectual he is on defense.

I always admit when I'm wrong. Luckily this isn't one of those occasions.
  • Options
    Stealth, Daze, Fracture, Buff Immunity, Stun - all going to greatly reduce your boy's counter chance and hence his ID reductions.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Stealth, Daze, Fracture, Buff Immunity, Stun - all going to greatly reduce your boy's counter chance and hence his ID reductions.
    Not buff immunity. Combat analysis takes care of that.
    The rest will do the same to chopper's id reductions. So they're irrelevant arguments.

You can say they'd do someone else instead... Which means k2 is better.
  • Options
    A

A

Not denial, just more experienced. Whether it's r2 or jtr, that's still a worse scenario than it being k2.

The experience with k2 is more important than the experience with chopper since there are many videos with chopper in... Not so much with k2. Also I have faced chopper in jtr teams a lot so I know how ineffectual he is on defense.

Judging by your swgoh profile link you keep sharing you don't have much arena experience at all. Your opinion is biased and you are making huge assumptions about characters you have never used. It's great that you made it into the top 10 with K2SO but that doesn't make you an expert on anything.

• Options

And will do the same to chopper's id reductions. So they're irrelevant arguments.

You can say they'd do someone else instead... Which means k2 is better.

You're out of your element, Donny.

• Options
    A

A

Judging by your swgoh profile link you keep sharing you don't have much arena experience at all. Your opinion is biased and you are making huge assumptions about characters you have never used. It's great that you made it into the top 10 with K2SO but that doesn't make you an expert on anything.

Top ranks in arena running droids for over 10 months means I know nothing of Droids, huh?

... Good argument.
  • Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A

A

Top ranks in arena running droids for over 10 months means I know nothing of Droids, huh?

... Good argument.

I'm looking at your arena wins. They be low.

REAL low!
  • Options
    A

A

... Good argument.

I started playing in December 2016. My wins be high. Been top 50 pretty much my whole swgoh career. Top 10 for half of it... Never had less than 2 droids in comp.
  • Options
    A

A

... Good argument.

I started playing in December 2016. My wins be high. Been top 50 pretty much my whole swgoh career. Top 10 for half of it... Never had less than 2 droids in comp.

I. Don't. Care.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Unless one of those 2 droids is a max-gear Chopper (and I know it's not), it's irrelevant. You haven't played with Chopper, ergo you have no practical experience with which to compare him to K2SO. Keep playing with an inferior comp, though - you're still using CLS in an RJT team, may as well have two inferior toons.
  • Options
    A

A

... Good argument.

I. Don't. Care.

I respond to your baseless assumptions with facts again and you say you don't care... Thanks for admitting you're wrong finally.
  • Options

Unless one of those 2 droids is a max-gear Chopper (and I know it's not), it's irrelevant. You haven't played with Chopper, ergo you have no practical experience with which to compare him to K2SO. Keep playing with an inferior comp, though - you're still using CLS in an RJT team, may as well have two inferior toons.

The relevant experience here is the experience with k2 regardless of how you try to paint it.

There are more than enough videos detailing chopper and I've fought against him enough too. Whether or not I personally have used him with JTR is still irrelevant. Just like it was the other times you brought it up.
  • Options
    A

A

... Good argument.

I. Don't. Care.

I respond to your baseless assumptions with facts again and you say you don't care... Thanks for admitting you're wrong finally.

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to link both our profiles so others can decide who's advice they want to trust.

https://swgoh.gg/u/woodroward/

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    trollsbane wrote:

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to link both our profiles so others can decide who's advice they want to trust.

https://swgoh.gg/u/woodroward/
    So you're on an old inactive shard. In what way does that make you right?

Your shard is inactive for certain because you only have 3 people in your rotation and are still in your rank 10 minutes after your payout.

To me that says your server is less competitive than mine by far. There's 6 in my payout 6 before, 3 after. People get knocked from their ranks as soon as their payout is over on my server.

I don't know why you have to turn this into a lame contest between us rather than just admit that your math was flawed and that you haven't ran k2 in arena with jtr so have literally nothing to base your opinion on.

You thought I was just some lame theorycrafter instead of an experienced player, but have to much pride to back out and see this as a battle.

You literally lost all credibility in this argument as soon as you resorted to smack talking.

Since you think you can judge me by my swgoh.gg profile, the only part you need look at is whether I've been running k2 with JTR and whether I make the top 10. How's it feel to have someone try to use your GG profile that backs up everything you've said in an attempt to discredit you?

Feels underhanded, doesn't it?

Just admit you don't know what you're talking about with k2 under Rey and move on.
  • Options
    Tried both, Chopper is by far better