Chimarea comin back nxt week? [MERGE]

Replies

• Boo wrote: »
    This is ridiculous!!!!!!

Chimaera event ends Jan 24th and Home One event begins Jan 25th!!!!

My Home One sits at 90/100 blue prints!!!!! Eitehr a pack will be released or I can kiss the well needed 7* Chimaera away for god knows how long.

Its important for me so at least it can be another fleet added in TW defence.

The timing of all of this is just ridiculous!!!

Not sure but I think - mythic/legendary run every other month and in the cas if thrawn -chim runs every other event. So once in 4 months. (Keep an eye on this - as I think other cap ships will be released similar ways)

But! Usually with legendary events once it’s run the 2nd time it goes in the rotation- so maybe - it will return sooner than that. Either in the cadence of the other cap ships-atleast once a month. Or will return in 2.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Whatever - it seems a little unfair - so close, yet so far away - like star wars

Long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
  • Even if it is true, there is plenty of time to save up 999 crystals.

I doubt the devs won't at least give the option of buying the home 1 pack
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Even if it is true, there is plenty of time to save up 999 crystals.

That is my hope as well. I'm not one for buying packs but I'd make an exception in this case - maybe that is the plan?
  • Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    This is ridiculous!!!!!!

Chimaera event ends Jan 24th and Home One event begins Jan 25th!!!!

My Home One sits at 90/100 blue prints!!!!! Eitehr a pack will be released or I can kiss the well needed 7* Chimaera away for god knows how long.

Its important for me so at least it can be another fleet added in TW defence.

The timing of all of this is just ridiculous!!!

Not sure but I think - mythic/legendary run every other month and in the cas if thrawn -chim runs every other event. So once in 4 months. (Keep an eye on this - as I think other cap ships will be released similar ways)

But! Usually with legendary events once it’s run the 2nd time it goes in the rotation- so maybe - it will return sooner than that. Either in the cadence of the other cap ships-atleast once a month. Or will return in 2.

That doesn‘t justify the calender layout at all! It‘s just greedy!

I’m not justifying anything. Just hoping that if there is no pack, then at least it will return sooner than later.
  • Boo wrote: »

That is my hope as well. I'm not one for buying packs but I'd make an exception in this case - maybe that is the plan?
    Boo wrote: »

Please don't support such dirty tactics. You can choose how you want to spend your cash but this just encourages ea to keep doing such lowdown actions.
  • I fully expected Chimera to come back before a last needed round of Home1. So I replayed it the last time to get a 7* Home1 ready. That's an option everyone had. And if you don't want to spend, then get it next time. The company that needs money to keep the lights on is not going to spell out a detailed map on every which way for you to not spend money. Move on.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It's in game currency. Who said anything about spending cash? Everyone gets at least some crystals per day.

Put aside 100 crystals per day and you'll be fine. One less cantina refresh or normal energy refresh.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Gees, EA is a disgusting company. Time to start voting with your wallets. They should be embaressed, but they arent. They reap what they sow though.
  • JasFonz wrote: »
    @Sarcodino well good for you but we don’t all have the leisure of being on baby servers.
    I’d eat your team for breakfast. A 5* Thrawn can beat a 420k AA team hands down. I do it daily for the poor guy that runs it on our shard. The only one.

So because he's able to succeed with a lesser used capital ship he's on a baby server? There's no doubt that home one is not the best cap ship, but a strong fleet supporting it can still beat anyone on offense. It just won't hold up as well on defense.
  • Ships are boring anyways. I only do 1 ship battle a day because I am forced to. Yawn
  • This is confirmed? I'm four purchases away from 5 staring bistans ship, hope I can get him!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    This is confirmed? I'm four purchases away from 5 staring bistans ship, hope I can get him!

Yes, it was added to the event calendar.
  • Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    I‘m completely with ctyc123 here

And @Veritasum
    That doesn‘t justify dirty playing like they‘re doing here

Explain how dirty it is please. Do you mean this free game that has 60 employees working constantly to add free content uses a variety of strategies to encourage people to spend MONEY?!?!? How immoral. I'm just shocked. So shocked that I saved up 800 of the free crystals we get each day to finish off Home 1 last time his event was here. You could be happy about getting him at 6*. Chimaera is completely viable at that level. Instead you keep fighting the good fight to expose their treachery of not making everything free enough.
  • Tanbimb wrote: »
    Honestly I hope it does push before the home one event it rewards those of us who did spend the crystals to get home one to 7* now if my ships and pilots are geared enough that's a totally different question but either way that's on me. And if you are 10 away that's on you for not spending any crystals on it at all. Neither pack was rediculously priced and if you planned ahead even a little bit you would have 7* home one. Chimera is a good ship at 5* so if you can't get 7* no biggy. I just don't want to see complaining over the fact that all the other ships came back. Well I'm going to say good job to the devs and keep it up you give us ample supply of crystals daily and if people didn't think to spend on 1 refresh or a pack it's not your fault or anyone else's. It is solely on them

This. We had Home One twice in December. This game rewards planners and doesn’t reward people who can’t look past their nose.
  • Lazerbeem wrote: »
    Tanbimb wrote: »
    Honestly I hope it does push before the home one event it rewards those of us who did spend the crystals to get home one to 7* now if my ships and pilots are geared enough that's a totally different question but either way that's on me. And if you are 10 away that's on you for not spending any crystals on it at all. Neither pack was rediculously priced and if you planned ahead even a little bit you would have 7* home one. Chimera is a good ship at 5* so if you can't get 7* no biggy. I just don't want to see complaining over the fact that all the other ships came back. Well I'm going to say good job to the devs and keep it up you give us ample supply of crystals daily and if people didn't think to spend on 1 refresh or a pack it's not your fault or anyone else's. It is solely on them

This. We had Home One twice in December. This game rewards planners and doesn’t reward people who can’t look past their nose.

I am sorry you don't see how having the Home One event a DAY after the Chimera event looks bad.
  • Lazerbeem wrote: »

x 3, i bought 1 refresh last time knowing this would happen. just saved me 199 crystals.
  • Arronwolf wrote: »
    Lazerbeem wrote: »

I am sorry you don't see how having the Home One event a DAY after the Chimera event looks bad.

It doesn't look bad...to me it looks like they are trying to make money. They are a company with shareholders after all.
  • After what happened in the movie they should give us Ackbar's ship shards. They just killed him off and didn't even say anything. Not like he was a major hero of the rebellion or anything.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Arronwolf wrote: »
    Lazerbeem wrote: »

It doesn't look bad...to me it looks like they are trying to make money. They are a company with shareholders after all.

Also employees.
  • Why does the naive community think that devs should give them FREE CLS, FREE JTR, FREE Thrawn ship for EVERYBODY. Why do people think they should be able to get everything (exclude the not-farmable whale-only characters) for free or at least obtain those casually. The game is about making money. If you want the better stuff, spend money (just 800 crystals). Players who spend DO NOT what 100% f2p to be as competitive as they do. (Yes this is not so relavent to H1, but it’s just an idea)

Ofc I find this money grabbing not player-friendly at all, but, EA has always been doing this. If you have been around for a while, you should be aware of this.
  • The problem is, they changed the date when chimaera ends.
    Why do they change?

Because they did not promise that H1 will return before Chimaera in the first place. How is that changing?

Or, they want money. It’s a business and business is disgusting. Sorry business people.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @JacenRoe stop being naive.
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/
    I work in the internet industry. I know just how much companies make. This game is not on the brink of disappearing.
    They could make an effort on the other hand to be better with their customers

Getting tired of fanboys like yourself talking kitten without having a clue on how this world works.

Just admit that you fanboys would prefer to be a select few that get a pixel ship. I’d actually accept that. However playing the omg think of the employees that won’t eat, you’re better off looking at your local shops that amazon is killing ;-)

Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • ctyc123 wrote: »
    Please don't support such dirty tactics. You can choose how you want to spend your cash but this just encourages ea to keep doing such lowdown actions.

So nobody pays and the game gets shut down. Great.

• JasFonz wrote: »
    @JacenRoe stop being naive.
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/
    I work in the internet industry. I know just how much companies make. This game is not on the brink of disappearing.
    They could make an effort on the other hand to be better with their customers

Getting tired of fanboys like yourself talking **** without having a clue on how this world works.

Just admit that you fanboys would prefer to be a select few that get a pixel ship. I’d actually accept that. However playing the omg think of the employees that won’t eat, you’re better off looking at your local shops that amazon is killing ;-)

That's an absolutely load of nonsense. You made a silly straw man argument adding a ton of stuff I didn't say. Never said they were starving. They are trying to make money. A byproduct of that is they're supporting 60+ employees. I don't fault them for trying to make money. Which is amazing considering I don't put a penny into this game.

I agree that there are overly aggressive ways to encourage spending that make the game in-enjoyable. This just isn't one that bothers me, and I think all the infantile boo-hooing is quite entertaining. Especially since people who were too cheap to spend the 800 free crystals once can still get a free 6* Chimaera. And I've been doing great with mine only at 5*.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Looking into this further.
    hold.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    HOOKAY!
    • We see the scheduling conflict
    • This was not our intention
    • Stay tuned for a hotfix and further details on how this will be addressed next week.

For those who can, have a great three day weekend folks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.