Upcoming QoL: farewell to Galactic War?

After the last adjustment to Galactic War a few months ago, it's become nothing more than a lengthy formality for many players: 12 times a day (or 36 times on Wednesday), navigate a few screens, press auto, collect 450k credits and a few shards and tokens that are exchanged via the shard shop into 5 or 6 salvage of purple gear.

Let me suggest a shortcut: get rid of the whole thing (say, once you reach level 85, or acquired everything in that store), and give 450k credits per day and one Stun Gun (NOT the Mk4!) per week.

Galactic War has provided lots of fun (not only...) for 2 years, sometimes it's time to bid farewell...
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• DrPaedan
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I just use it to test teams I build... but right now their level is too low to be of use. I suggest shortening it to 3 to 6 fights (same total rewards of course).

If it was up to me, I'd like them to give us a practice mode where you can set an arena style fight against group of 5 heroes in your own collection, or any of your guildmates' current arena team. It would make testing out new builds much easier.
  • Sorry a bit new here but... what do you mean 36 times on Wednesday??
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Sorry a bit new here but... what do you mean 36 times on Wednesday??

If you want to maximize your guild tokens, you prepare by holding back on the upcoming activities. With just a bit of planning and pre-scheduling, you can do three days of galactic war nodes during the 24 hour period that they count for guild activities.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »

A common practice to max out the daily guild achievement rewards is to hoard gw battles from the prior days, then do them all on Wednesday.
  • STRYKER667
    150 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Ikky2win wrote: »

The daily activity for Wednesday is GW nodes, if you save a table and refresh before it starts you can clear table 3 times in the run for the activities requirement
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    After the last adjustment to Galactic War a few months ago, it's become nothing more than a lengthy formality for many players: 12 times a day (or 36 times on Wednesday), navigate a few screens, press auto, collect 450k credits and a few shards and tokens that are exchanged via the shard shop into 5 or 6 salvage of purple gear.

Let me suggest a shortcut: get rid of the whole thing (say, once you reach level 85, or acquired everything in that store), and give 450k credits per day and one Stun Gun (NOT the Mk4!) per week.

Galactic War has provided lots of fun (not only...) for 2 years, sometimes it's time to bid farewell...

Umm . .. NO, sorry I don't think that's a good idea, mainly cuz it's more like 650k credits plus 150-200k ship credits, And , as always ;) if you don't like playing it, then don't. It's now an easy task for folks that are at the level cap, but it's still something that can be used for fun if desired, or ran thru in five minutes if you need to knock it off quickly.
  • But many players agree that it is like a chore right now. Obviously don't make it too difficult like before, but maybe adjust it a bit?
  • Agree with both views. But after months of struggling to beat it even occasionally even at level 85 I enjoy it more and love the easy rewards. Gives you something to do when you don’t have the resources to work on something else. Not yet bored with it.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Tiggus wrote: »

Umm . .. NO, sorry I don't think that's a good idea, mainly cuz it's more like 650k credits plus 150-200k ship credits, And , as always ;) if you don't like playing it, then don't. It's now an easy task for folks that are at the level cap, but it's still something that can be used for fun if desired, or ran thru in five minutes if you need to knock it off quickly.

^That. But would be nice if say, you've completed GW say 1000 times (shows that you made/earned your bones), at max level, have x amount of G12 characters, then you have the option to be able to use sim tickets for GW. If they increase the cap then the sim option goes away until you prove yourself again.
  • It was a chore when it was harder to beat, now that it's revamped I use it try out new squad combos and for quick rewards when I run low on credits or fodder to trade in shard shop
  • So you want to get rid of literally the only daily playable content? The game would be nothing but sim without galactic war.. it's boring and easy but still
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Moving to Feedback: Galactic War
  • DrPaedan wrote: »
    But many players agree that it is like a chore right now. Obviously don't make it too difficult like before, but maybe adjust it a bit?

I’ll gladly take a 5 minute chore that I can do while watching Netflix over a 30-60 minutes (sometimes more for crazies who don’t give up) chore that takes a ton of planning, strategizing, rerunning to get the perfect attack combo, switching teams, stacking tm, etc.
  • My opinion is to make it available in 2 modes: easy and hard.
    Hard mode has triple the rewards of easy..but requires you to use ur brain lots.
    Easy mode - same as it is now (except a bit more level caps, ex. Not more than 110% of top 5 toons,etc)
    Just saying
  • So you want to get rid of literally the only daily playable content? The game would be nothing but sim without galactic war.. it's boring and easy but still
    See (1) below
    What about both Arenas, Territory Battles and Wars and the various events we have throughout the month (and to a decreasing extent, the AAT raid)?
    My opinion is to make it available in 2 modes: easy and hard.
    Hard mode has triple the rewards of easy..but requires you to use ur brain lots.
    Easy mode - same as it is now (except a bit more level caps, ex. Not more than 110% of top 5 toons,etc)
    Just saying

My opinion is that we have that already:
    1) Easy is what we have today. It's not really playable, in the sense that I just auto it without even watching. Well, yes in a sense it serves to validate that new team comps I try are not totally inept.
    2) Hard is Territory Wars. Happens 6 days per month instead of 30, but that's the real challenge that requires you to dig and use every possible team you have at the top of their capabilities. This finally is what GW always intended to be, but never achieved. And the rewards are adequately above those of regular GW.
    Umm . .. NO, sorry I don't think that's a good idea, mainly cuz it's more like 650k credits plus 150-200k ship credits,...

Ok, make it 650k credits + 200k ship credits daily then (it was 450k at the start of the game, they bumped it up once a long time ago).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Eliminate, no.

Rework yes.

A change to the table as you develop would be great, maybe add ship nodes. Or a difficulty setting (I liked it when it was difficult ).

The addition of a sim token that you earn 1 when you beat the whole table, making it easier, but still tests you to make sure you can beat it.

It's a great place to use new teams and get practice on which skills to use or set turn order.
  • Eliminate no. Rework no.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Eliminate, no.

Rework yes.

It's a great place to use new teams and get practice on which skills to use or set turn order.

Haha true, you've always been a big fan of the Galactic War... Rework or replace doesn't really matter to me, and indeed a true Arena-level practice mode (or more importantly now, a TW practice mode) would be very helpful. I wouldn't mind a true practice mode that you could play as much as you want for no rewards at all, and lets you pick amongst a wide choice of real Arena teams of a level of your choice (give it a slider for target GP or something).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Eliminate, no.

Rework yes.

Haha true, you've always been a big fan of the Galactic War... Rework or replace doesn't really matter to me, and indeed a true Arena-level practice mode (or more importantly now, a TW practice mode) would be very helpful. I wouldn't mind a true practice mode that you could play as much as you want for no rewards at all, and lets you pick amongst a wide choice of real Arena teams of a level of your choice (give it a slider for target GP or something).

Yeah, up until this rework it was truly my favorite game mode. Now it's just there....
  • Tiggus wrote: »

How about no?
    I still like GW. Yes, I could auto it if I wanted with my developed squads, but where's the fun in that? Instead, I bring in new characters and new squads I am building and learn how to use them. For me, that currently means Nightsisters, Clones, Sith, Bounty Hunters, even Phoenix. Try different leaders, see what works and what doesn't, learn how their abilities complement each other.
    And if a tough team pops up in N12, like the g11 CLS Rebels I got the other day (that was a surprise!), then I still have my big-boy squads to run them down.
    I still think the best way to enjoy a game is to, you know, actually play it. Have fun with it!
  • My opinion is to make it available in 2 modes: easy and hard.
    Just saying

We already have this. N1-N3 is easy mode. N4-N6 is medium difficulty mode for more rewards. N7-N9 is hard difficulty for still more rewards. N10-N12 is master difficulty for max rewards.
    The problem is that people don't see it that way because it is all on one table. They need to split up the table into 3 or 4 consecutive tables, where unlocking the higher difficulty tables requires completing the easier tables. Make a big deal of completing a table with a slightly fancy table activation animation that lets the player know that they are now moving into the next level of difficulty.
    I keep suggesting this but they keep ignoring me. No profit in it. And no real guarantees that it would cut down on the GW complaints, but I think it would.
  • Instead, I bring in new characters and new squads I am building and learn how to use them. For me, that currently means Nightsisters, Clones, Sith, Bounty Hunters, even Phoenix. Try different leaders, see what works and what doesn't, learn how their abilities complement each other.
    And if a tough team pops up in N12, like the g11 CLS Rebels I got the other day (that was a surprise!), then I still have my big-boy squads to run them down.
    I still think the best way to enjoy a game is to, you know, actually play it. Have fun with it!

@EventineElessedil Yes I do that a little bit too (put a candidate team for TW, then auto the 12 nodes and see how far it goes). But you'll have to admit that it makes a poor practice ground, and a proper practice mode (where you can play as much as you can, pick opponent's level, etc) would serve that purpose much better.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    #MakeGWSim-able
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    No, op. Most fun part of the game imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • There are no QoL updates coming anyway.
  • Filipensky
    17 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi,
    The question is not about galactic war but about the Wednesday you mention, how can you do 36 times? I get how for 24 I am laready doing it, but I can't figure out 36? Please enlighten me :)

After reading I saw that you "save up"... Does that mean that you can do all the battles without collecting the rewards and wednesday only counts how many you chests you collect during the 24hrs?
  • Filipensky wrote: »
    Hi,
    The question is not about galactic war but about the Wednesday you mention, how can you do 36 times? I get how for 24 I am laready doing it, but I can't figure out 36? Please enlighten me :)

@Filipensky Restart GW on Monday but don’t do those 12 nodes until your guild resets on Tuesday and the GW activity starts. Then use your Tuesday restart before your daily reset. Do those 12 nodes Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Then use your Wednesday restart and complete those 12 nodes before guild resets and the GW activity ends.

• CamaroAMF wrote: »

@Filipensky Restart GW on Monday but don’t do those 12 nodes until your guild resets on Tuesday and the GW activity starts. Then use your Tuesday restart before your daily reset. Do those 12 nodes Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Then use your Wednesday restart and complete those 12 nodes before guild resets and the GW activity ends.

Wow! I will try that next time then! :)