Need a little newbie help here

Replies

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    TBs are Territory Battles, which are a guild activity you'll be able to do at a higher level (I believe 65).

I'd be careful of gearing up every character you have, because some of the ones you get now are definitely starters. They try to revamp characters/factions every now and then and so some of these characters can still have a niche later, but for example, Lando will probably serve you better than Talia.

Also, you often make reference to needing "MKs"....MK stands for "mark," as in "series," "version," "model," "tier." So you can have ability materials (mats) which are mark I, II, or III, or a mark IV or V stun gun.

Your guild reset for guild coins should be on a half hour (unless, I suppose, you or the guild are in Newfoundland or something). Your gear requests for your guild actually reset 24 hours from when you last requested....so let's say you forgot to request something new when the time ran up, it would refresh again 24 hours from when you make your next request.
  • Talia? Seriously?

You have chosen poorly.
  • Is there a lot of loot from TB's, or same as Raid?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    The loot depends on how many stars your guild clears. It is mostly guild event store currency (different than regular guild store) and g12 gear. But some tiers have crystals.

But unlike raids, everyone gets the same rewatds, and the prize tier depends on how well your guild does as a whole. So once you are level 65, your guild will want you to fully participate.
  • Thanks, everyone, thanks @crzydroid for the info about Guild coins reset, oh and by the way, the words
    "Guild Materials Request, Reset, for Royal Guard, MK-III 5:30p"

in my Word document were just a reminder that my last request would reset at 5:30 pm, in other words, a note to myself so that I would know that @ 5:30 pm I would be able to make another request, this time for MK-III units. Sorry for the confusion there. B)

There seems to be a general consensus about Talia! :) But the reality of the situation is, It is too late to change horses now; she and Tarkin are the only members of my team at 5*, and I think we all Do agree on the fact that I need to make getting a 7* character my top priority right now, so...

I will be racing her and Tarkin to that goal and whoever gets there first...

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Well, let's say they are both exactly at 5*. That's 185 shards. For Tarkin, that's 14,800 arena currency, and based on your rank, you are getting 600-625 a day, plus your 200 from activity. That's 18-19 days.

You are getting 75-100 gems from arena a day. I think there are around 70 from daily activities and GW? So you can buy 1.5 cantina refreshes a day to be conservative, and you accrue 120 energy over 24 hours plus your bonus energy. So around 345 per day average out those crystals...really alternating 285 and 405 every other day.

Talia is on an 8 energy node, and the drop rate on cantina shards is about 1/3, so 185 shards needs 555 battles or 4440 energy, so about 13 days.

So you just have to decide whether that extra 5 or 6 days (2-3 raids tops) is worth shooting yourself in the foot for farming Talia over a character that will help you in credit heist, Palpatine event, raids, critical chance mod challenge, light side battles, cantina battles, territory battles, territory war, galactic war, and maybe arena.

The other thing to keep in mind is that healers like Talia and Jedi counsular seem awesome now. BUT, they have a one-time group heal that then goes on cooldown and they don't offer much else. Later on down the line, you might have a squad that doesn't really need healing (especially with protection) beyond the health steal they get whenever they attack. OR, you might have a healer or support who has a unique or leader ability that passively heals your squad every turn. When you get to zeta abilities, some characters can even restore protection. Your protection levels are small now, but with enough gear, a lot of characters have more protection than health (which most healers can't heal).

Newsflash, Lando isn't super endgame anymore either, but he will go further and do a lot more midgame than Talia.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Oh, and remember that my calculations are based on them being in an equal spot. If Tarkin had more shards to begin than Talia, that shortens his time. Coincidentally, you could farm Lando from 0 and have him finished only 4 days behind the Tarkin estimate above.

Also bear in mind that if you do NOT want to spend all gems on cantina refreshes, cantina farming will take longer.

I of course don't know if/how much money you are spending on the game.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Ok, I actually count 80 from dailies and GW, but that's only enough for 1 more refresh in that timeframe, so you maybe save 1 day.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @crzydroid, you said:
    “Well, let's say they are both exactly at 5*. That's 185 shards. For Tarkin, that's 14,800 arena currency, and based on your rank, you are getting 600-625 a day, plus your 200 from activity. That's 18-19 days.”

I think that quote assumes that I win, correct? I do not think that you get Squad Arena Tokens if you lose (but Please correct me if I am wrong, like I fervently Hope that I am), and Lately, I win one battle out of the (what is it, five) that get allotted before Squad Arena cooldown period. And that is if I am Extremely Lucky...

By the way, my Squad Arena “rank”, which was about #78 last time we talked, is now #140, and dropping by the minute. All the battles that I do not lose, the A. I. is handily losing for me; (so now even fighting on “auto” is not saving me), so I am afraid that I can no longer rely on Squad Arena Tokens to farm Tarkin.

I cannot even remember the last time I earned any Squad Tokens. But since I can farm for Talia shards in both Cantina and Regular energy fights, (and I have been doing Really well with that), I plan to have her Sixth star very soon now, and then... "To Infinity; and Beyond!"

Galactic War is also suffering, by the way. I used to always win at least Ten battles before my “A” team gave up the ghost. Now, the A.I. have ramped up their defense to where I only win five battles, (only enough to win 200 GW Tokens, and some other stuff), and then they bring out the heavy guns, endlessly regenerating Zombie Nightsisters, etc.; the “whole enchilada”, and shut me down.

I truly think that my only lifeline is going to be farming Talia, getting that 7* character and getting into some Raids quick, so that I can start Earning in my Guild and get some Materials and Loot, which is why I joined a Guild (on Everyone’s advice) in the first place. Oh and by the way I do not think that “Talia is awesome”, as you suggested, I have no Idea why she has five stars, it is just that some characters seemed to drop shards more often when I did activities, like fights and cantina farming for Ability Materials, and stuff, and she was one of them.

By the way, please do not think that I am “arguing” or denigrating your excellent advice in any way, I am just explaining that while it is excellent advice, it no longer fits my unique circumstance of just being too weak in fighting ability at the moment to take advantage of it. But hopefully Soon that will change.
    And thanks for the info about healing and about Lando, and for taking the time to do All of those complicated equations to help me out, I appreciate your support!

P.S. just before I posted this (I write everything in a Word document first now, in order to cut down on “Edits”), I lost All of my Arena Fights; I did not even have a Chance. Here is the latest lineup that butchered me; Hera, Chopper, Ezra Bridger, Zebediah “Zeb” Orrelios, Kanaan Jarrus. Chopper kept “taunting” to pull attacks away from the others, and when I Did finally kill him....He revived!

By the way, through that new “First Order Execution Promotion” that just opened up at level #54, I got enough shards to get and promote a First Order Execution character to three stars, with a Gear level of VI!

Because of the enormous materials needed, It would take Forever to get his Gear level any higher, and shards are now only available “from data cards in the Store”, so this is the level that he will be stuck at for a while, but, hopefully I can make a difference with the level that he is at now? In this game, you seem to need four stars to make a difference!

Oh and so you know, This is what awaits for my next battle; notice the First one? Ouch-ie!

[img][/img]f8lLmib.jpg

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I think that quote assumes that I win, correct? I do not think that you get Squad Arena Tokens if you lose (but Please correct me if I am wrong, like I fervently Hope that I am), and Lately, I win one battle out of the (what is it, five) that get allotted before Squad Arena cooldown period. And that is if I am Extremely Lucky...

It doesn't matter if you win any particular battle, it only matters what your rank is at exactly 6pm. If you click on the prizes tab in arena it shows you the rewards for the different rank tiers. If you are rank 140 at payout time, you get the rewards shown for the #101-200 tier, which is 600 arena tokens, 75 crystals, and 20k credits. These rewards are delivered to your mailbox at 6pm.
    Galactic War is also suffering, by the way. I used to always win at least Ten battles before my “A” team gave up the ghost.

Not sure if you know this or are doing this, but one good strategy is, if you have multiple characters that may be helpful for you in GW, use them in the very first couple of easiest nodes, even if they aren't part of your "A" team that you'll use for most nodes. That way they get turn meter and if you add them in later on they are more likely to go before the opposing team.
    P.S. just before I posted this (I write everything in a Word document first now, in order to cut down on “Edits”), I lost All of my Arena Fights; I did not even have a Chance. Here is the latest lineup that butchered me; Hera, Chopper, Ezra Bridger, Zebediah “Zeb” Orrelios, Kanaan Jarrus. Chopper kept “taunting” to pull attacks away from the others, and when I Did finally kill him....He revived!

Hera has an ability to give other members of the team the "backup plan" buff which will cause that character to revive if you kill him while he has that buff on. It's important to know what the various buffs and debuffs you are facing do because it can impact the choices you make - you can click on them in the battle to get a description.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Liath, Thanks for the info; 600 Tokens for the Horrible rank of #140? Not so bad after all.. :)

And thanks soo much for the fighting info. But as for Hera, so what could I have done, given the characters that I now have? I have no real AOE; Tarkin's "Ultimate Firepower" will obviously need some Major upgrading, requiring at Least two more applications of those Very Rare purple MK-III's, and my Chopper is only two stars Gear level IV. I have a Stormtrooper Han now, he is only three stars, but Gear level Five, should I bring him off the bench to help?

I just used the Much-hyped First Order Executioner character that I won in the "Events Promotion" that opened up for Level #54 today, (3*, Gear Level 6), for the first time in Squad Arena. During the battle, he "Missed" (or the opponent dodged, however you want to look at it)....Three Times in a Row! And his also Much-vaunted "Death sentence" blow left Much to be desired... I just installed and upgraded an "Accuracy" mod in him, to level 15 (the highest level). I don't really see where all these "Mods" I have been installing are really helping; I am beginning to suspect that they are all just "Fluff"... :|

[img][/img]xfXlAj5.jpg

Edit: (Calm down, Spam Filter...) Those Secondary Stats, are they just as relevant and effective (supposedly), as the Primary ones?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Stormtrooper Han can be a very helpful character because he can remove turn meter from the enemy, and if he's damaged while taunting he gives your characters turn meter. The trick in GW is to keep him alive, which of course requires gear.

Who were you facing in GW when the opponent dodged? There's a good chance it wasn't FOE's fault, but that the character had a high dodge chance due to a leader ability or other ability. Lumi, Dooku, and Old Ben, among others, have leader abilities that give the team high evasion. It can be extremely annoying - dodge leads were common in arena at a few points and most of us hated them!

Mods are extremely important, and secondaries are also extremely important. You aren't going to get huge benefits from 1 dot mods, but eventually when you can work up to farming 4 and 5 dot mods, they really make ALL the difference. You will see the same team composition with the same gear levels in arena and one person is consistently placing in the top 10 where another person can't break 200, and the difference is always mods. I cannot overstate how important they are.

There's a lot to know about mods, and I would recommend seeking out some video tutorials on them to fully understand how they work. The single most important thing with mods is SPEED. Speed is everything in end game. Arrows are the only mods that can have speed as a primary, and you want speed primary arrows on nearly everybody (tanks are sometimes an exception). For the rest of the mods, since you can't get speed primaries, you want to get speed secondaries as high as you possibly can. The way to do that is to look for mods that already have speed secondaries at level 1, because those secondaries can bump up as you upgrade the mod. If you start with a purple mod, for example, it has 3 secondaries already, and each of them might bump 0-3 times as you upgrade the mod to level 9 (you will get 3 upgrades total, each of which could be to any of the 3 stats), and then you will get a new secondary at level 12. If you start with a gray mod with no secondaries, you will get 4 different secondaries as you level it up and none of them will be particularly high because they can't upgrade.
  • A lot of info on Mods; I knew Nothing about them. So That is what the colors mean, and I did not know about the Dots, never noticed them. I am going to YouTube and Google to search out those videos like you suggested and thanks for the info!

By the way, in case you were wondering, my post that you were referencing has disappeared due to the Infamous Spam Filter (I Edited, thirty minutes ago to insert punctuation, and....Whoosh!). I sent a PM to Sunnie1978, and hopefully, it will be back soon.

I Really do not see how Editing equates with Spam and maybe this is something that needs to be addressed.

I understand the concept of a repetition of words appearing to be spamming, but spammers usually strike With multiple posts, not from editing words or phrases Within the posts...

Some research showed that other sites experience this also, and they are also searching for a solution...

I think that someone should be assigned to take a look at this disruptive feature. Disruptive in the sense that, as someone said in a post I just read " It's extremely annoying since the article is often no longer relevant (or no one will be reading the comments anymore) by the time it finally gets approved."

This and the fact that the approved post is usually placed in the order in which it was posted Originally, which by the time it is located in the Spam Filter and reposted, is sometimes five or more whole comments Above the bottom of the thread, which is where people go to read the latest material, and so gets Completely Missed...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It has to do with posting in rapid succession, which is something spammers do I guess, and if you edit a post the system counts it the same as making a new post. I agree it's annoying and would be nice if they could fix it. I always try to wait a minute before submitting my edits now, but sometimes I forget or don't wait long enough.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    The big problem with mods is that your opponents in arena are getting them the same time as you so it's hard to notice a difference.

I hate to be harsh but you are now hitting the level where people with teams and synergy going to start being much much much better than people who are having fun with thrown together characters.

Also people who invest wisely in mods will outstrip those who invest less wisely.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    how do you find a moderator on here?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Not sure. @Kyno is the one I usually go to.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    amaze122 wrote: »
    how do you find a moderator on here?

There used to be a thread in the academy forum stickied with a list but they deleted it or moved it. @Sunnie1978 and @crzydroid have posted in this thread.
  • Thank you; I just PM'd him about my lost Post
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @amaze122 found it for you.

the idea behind the filter is that it sees each edit as a new post. that is why it will mark the post and sometimes the poster as spam (or spammer in the latter)
  • Thank you Kyno for doing that for me!

I had time to think though, while my post was missing (6 hours), and I forgot until Just this moment that...

I actually have it saved. So that the post will appear here at the bottom of the thread instead of up at the top, where it certainly will be missed, can I just reproduce it here? (Repost it, in other words..) B)
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    From my research so far this is the best explanation that I have found for Mods

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjPiX6Mnv7k"[/url]
  • @crzydroid, I made a rather lengthy response to one of your posts but it was lost in the Spam Filter for six hours.

To find it, scroll up above in the thread until you find a post with the time stamp:
    January 11, 2018 11:30AM edited 11:33AM

• amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I replaced Colonel Dooku with Chewy, and This is the New Dream Team that got me farther than I have ever been in Galactic Wars; Eleven opened boxes!

[img][/img]ioNxn0Q.jpg

As you can see, I essentially have two healers and Red Guard gives Defense up, and so is a Protector... Plus the two healers can attack rather well, also.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    As you can see, I essentially have two healers and Red Guard gives Defense up, and so is a Protector... Plus the two healers can attack rather well, also.

In general antwo healer two tank approach wouldn't work well against some teams because there are a lot of characters who are generally weak. That said if you have invested in the characters they can attack well compared to other characters.
  • I am sorry this just does not seem like much of a choice to me. Picture someone standing at the lip of a volcano and thinking, "Do I just jump in, or fall in; either way, it's Still lava"!

Which would You choose?

[img][/img]vL2Jzyq.jpg
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I am sorry this just does not seem like much of a choice to me. Picture someone standing at the lip of a volcano and thinking, "Do I just jump in, or fall in; either way, it's Still lava"!

Which would You choose?

[img][/img]vL2Jzyq.jpg

Harry solo. One tank that can taunt every three turns so i am free. AI runs talia badly too.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Well, *I* would pick any of those and xrush them. ; )

But in terms of team comps, I'd pick the middle one as they have the least synergy. You really just have to watch out for Boba and Kylo, and there's no zeta on Kylo yet so really not that bad. And no omegas on any of them. Let me look at your roster and I can let you know some cboices for counters, though I'm sure your window has passed.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Ok, so I would consider putting your Dooku back in for that middle team as Boba and Kylo are going to open with AoE (Area of Effect--AKA "Attack on Everyone") attacks, and so Dooku would counter them and give them damage back right away. I would also strongly consider using Royal guard as your tank instead of Chewie. Your RG has more health+protection than your Chewie, plus he auto taunts when someone falls below 50% health. With Chewie you have to wait to taunt, and he is one of the slowest characters in the game.

It also might be a great place to check out your First Order Executioner! Since he is new, I can't tell you how he does at low levels. But he can remove buffs, which can get you around an enemy taunt. He's got a great simple kit which will increase his own survivability, thus lessening the need for an external healer. He's also one of the few characters you have at this point that can manipulate turn meter, which can go a long way.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Looks like you also bought a gift card and got 7* Rey. Now that you can participate in Heroic raids, you can drop your Talia farm.