Shocking that the emperor has no zetaes

Prev1
As the title suggests, I find it baffling that the emperor is the only legendary character that DOSENT have a zeta ability. considering that Bb-8 and R2 both have 2 each! And the emperor has been in the game much longer!
Only thing is what would an emperor zeta ability be?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Could make his shocks undispellable, similarly to Vader and DoTs.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i like the wordplay ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i like the wordplay ;)

Okkkk
  • Options
    @Nauros wouldn’t that make the emperor really over powered though?
  • Options
    Well you kind of answered your own point there, it's because he has been in the game much longer that he doesn't have zetas. I'm not 100% but think he was released before zetas were even a thing?

I agree that undispellable shocks would be op as he could then gain 75% tm every time in arena.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    @Nauros wouldn’t that make the emperor really over powered though?

Isn't that basically the whole point of zetas? And I don't think it would be unmanageable, after all he has to shock one character at a time so there is plenty of time to get rid of him.
  • Options
    can we stop posting the exact same thing *every week*?
  • Options
    @Shonkathonk well grand master yoda was released before the emperor and he has 2 I think? And @Nauros I do like the idea but I don’t like that it’s basically copies zader the emperor needs something that stands out... I think
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say it should be a bonus to either his leadership or unique ability as the basic and specials already have omegas.

I'd love any zeta to improve empire and sith teams rather than making him a plug in and play character that can work with any team.

Maybe a 10% boost to damage from cackling doom for every living Sith or Empire ally.
  • Options
    @UltimateSeaDog what’s that?
  • Nedus
    91 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Well you kind of answered your own point there, it's because he has been in the game much longer that he doesn't have zetas. I'm not 100% but think he was released before zetas were even a thing?

I agree that undispellable shocks would be op as he could then gain 75% tm every time in arena.

He is the emperor, he deserves to be a little op. Shock undispellable until his death. And he's quite easy to kill, his health/protection and defense are garbage. Maybe only the first shock applied can be undispellable until his death, what do you think about it?
  • Options
    @UltimateSeaDog what’s that?

"can Palp have zetas"
  • Options
    Just search that up.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Nedus wrote: »

He is the emperor, he deserves to be a little op. Shock undispellable until his death. And he's quite easy to kill, his health/protection and defense are garbage. Maybe only the first shock applied can be undispellable until his death, what do you think about it?

Maybe if shock renews once when it wears out or is dispelled.
  • Options
    @UltimateSeaDog I’m sorry if it annoys you ( well
    I’m not) but this is exactly what a forum is.
  • Options
    can we stop posting the exact same thing *every week*?

Orrrrrr.... Can they just deal with the fact that EP/Vader/Jedi/sith/BH the most crucial characters to any SW game have all **** for over 2 years making this a fake Star Wars game and they do nothing? And we have to put up with that incompetence every day?
  • Options
    Zeta ability: the emperor is not as forgiving as I am: at the end of each turn for each shocked enemy have a 20% chance of granting a random ally 100% turn meter. If Darth Vader is present he also will receive turn meter.

Bam, now empire is back in play and vader isn't as useless when not a leader as he could get more dots off hopefully.
  • Options
    Leadership Zeta:

If Darth Vader is present, his leadership ability is also in effect. If Royal Guard is present, RG gains taunt for one turn anytime EP is damaged.
  • Options
    @Aluxtu that’s actually really good!
  • Options
    EP zeta: shocks undispellable when Vader is present.
    New Vader unique zeta: gain up to 100% TM when EP is damaged.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    EP lead The Empeeir of the Galactic Empire zeta: Empire and Sith allies gain 100% turnmeter and all their cooldowns are reduced by 1 when they get a debuff /resist a debuff/ inflict a debuff/ their debuff gets resisted by enemy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

I love the empire and EP, but we all have to realize that they can't just dump a bunch of zetas out all at once. He will have his time.
  • Options
    @Kyno no rush for an ep zeta just hope he’ll have one before Christmas?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I'm hoping the reason they didn't run an empire event in January (he was due developers had previously said he would alternate with yoda) is that they will announce a rework when they bring him back.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    I'm hoping the reason they didn't run an empire event in January (he was due developers had previously said he would alternate with yoda) is that they will announce a rework when they bring him back.

I never saw this and the forums seem awful quiet for such big news, where's your source for this information?
  • Options
    I see what you did there.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is a similar deal as to the classic rebels rework is coming.

Palpatine, Vader and Royal Guard are three. As for the two more, it could boil down to tweaking TFP and Stormtrooper, maybe. Would be cool to add the Scout from RotJ. I dunno 100% but feels like it would be good to level the classic playing field a bit.
  • Options
    @UltimateSeaDog I’m sorry if it annoys you ( well
    I’m not) but this is exactly what a forum is.

doesnt mean you have to literally create the 2.3575366 x 10^93485th post on it
  • Options
    @Shonkathonk well grand master yoda was released before the emperor and he has 2 I think? And @Nauros I do like the idea but I don’t like that it’s basically copies zader the emperor needs something that stands out... I think

Palpatine was one of the strongest characters when zetas were introduced while yoda was pretty weak. Hence they didn't need to give palp a zeta then.

I still think he has a really strong kit, it's just that his speed and health are pretty low compared to your standard meta toon today. I don't think he needs a zeta even now, just a bump to those stats