Need a little newbie help here

Replies

• amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    My thoughts exactly on the Talia thing... My farming of Han Solo finally paid off also, but he will take forever to farm, so I don't know what to do with him just yet..
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    amaze122 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly on the Talia thing... My farming of Han Solo finally paid off also, but he will take forever to farm, so I don't know what to do with him just yet..

Storm trooper Han or one of the other Hans?

Assuming you rank top 200 you can farm him to 7 star in 30 days or so.
  • Is Admiral Ackbar (five stars, gear level 4) worth promoting right now?

I have the three-star StormTrooper Han, a Luminar Unduli in the oven (43/50 shards from activating), and a First Order Tie Pilot with the flashing words "Activate". I am thinking that I should give all my efforts to Them from now on.

On a similar note though, Lando is 29/80 shards nearly done, and with Him, I would have Three Scoundrels, Him, Chewy, and StormTrooper Han. Hmmnn, what to do, what to do....

Somehow I am betting that you all will say to go for the Scoundrels... B)
  • Whoah, I just went and read This about Lando. I think my choice is Clear...

[img][/img]O0HvCzl.jpg
  • If anyone needs me, I'll be down at the Cantina pond, fishing for Lando shards... B)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

On a similar note though, Lando is 29/80 shards nearly done, and with Him, I would have Three Scoundrels, Him, Chewy, and StormTrooper Han. Hmmnn, what to do, what to do....

Somehow I am betting that you all will say to go for the Scoundrels... B)

Credit heists are very important. So are training droid events. Both need scoundrels.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    For all those newbies whom this might help, hear my words, do Not base your conception of a character on your “borrowed heroes” like I did. Those guys have Great attacks, buffs, etc. but look at how high their donors are, usually level Eighty-Five or so. My experience has been that it Takes about that high a level on your part with some of these characters to achieve anything even close to that performance.

I have been putting my hopes on some characters that had Amazing AOE attacks, and primary attacks, etc. when "borrowed", but then I went to This page >https://swgoh.gg/<, and actually read the stats. As you can see, you can type in a character and the page will tell you all about him, list his stats, etc.

It was here I learned that Tarkin’s supposedly Super AOE attack was probably boosted by the fact that his owner was level 85 or so because the rating of his attack is only 1505 - 1663.

In comparison, Lando’s is 3054 - 3374, Wedge’s is 3137 - 3457, First Order SF Tie Pilot’s is 5074 – 5608, and General Veers’s is 3436 – 3796, all Miles beyond Colonel Tarkin!

Oddly enough, that Draining thing that Darth Nihilus does when I “borrow” him as a hero that looks so impressive, as though he pulled the hearts out of all of his enemy’s chest cavities, is only rated at 2786 – 3078.

This game, every day a new thing to learn, every day a new puzzle...

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Oddly enough, that Draining thing that Darth Nihilus does when I “borrow” him as a hero that looks so impressive, as though he pulled the hearts out of all of his enemy’s chest cavities, is only rated at 2786 – 3078.

This game, every day a new thing to learn, every day a new puzzle...

It's important to remember what Nihilus's attacks side benefit is. It delays the cool downs of non basic attacks and it charges the cool down of annihilate which is an instant kill and a strong self heal.

The damage is unimportant and incidental in comparison to these excellant side effects.
  • amaze122 wrote: »
    Whoah, I just went and read This about Lando. I think my choice is Clear...

[img][/img]O0HvCzl.jpg

Well I did recommend Mr Mustache to you like a week ago. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1414399/#Comment_1414399

You’ll need 5 Scoundrels for Credit Heists as well as Critical Chance mods.
    In fact, now that you’re pretty much not a newbie anymore, you can check out the adaptive guides and see their farming recommendations and choose between classic rebels or Phoenix. Your current route seems more aligned to Classic Rebels.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Huatimus, yes you and a few others including Liath and Naraic recommended Lando ages ago, but see that is what experience gets you; a Lot of Hindsight. :)

I am just sooo disappointed in this Tarkin character though, he looked so Dang impressive when I "borrowed" him, but even though I have him up to 5* and Gear level 6, with Mods installed, his "Ultimate Firepower" attack does not come Near to the Tarkins attacking me in the Squad Arena every day! :|

Edit: Thanks @Naraic for all the info!
  • You're making great progress and having a lot of fun, so keep it up! Definitely keep working on Lando, you'll love him for credit heists and such. Glad to see that you got a 7☆ Rey so you can participate in the heroic raids, because even a last place finish in one of those will give you a crazy amount of loot relative for your level, which can also help accelerate your progress over players that aren't in such guilds yet.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Tarkin is a great choice for your capital ship toon once you get to fleet arena, and you need dark side ships to do the fleet ability mat challenge for zeta mats, so he is not a waste. He is just not impressive for squad arena.
  • @Huatimus thanks for that guide, very informative. Thanks @Kivrin and @Sunnie1978 good to see you again, and that is good to know about Tarkin... B)

By the way, I am having a Lot of fun with these Fleet Battles, but they do not seem to be a regular thing, just part of the Events calendar. Too Bad, It is like playing one of the Star War movie battles on my screen!
  • Fleet Arena unlocks at 60. You’ll see them soon enough.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Fleet battles will become a regular thing, as there is a fleet arena and daily fleet challenges when you get high enough. There are currently 4 capital ships, but Chimaera (Thrawn's), is only available through a legendary event, which will require the two Phoenix squad ships, Ghost and Phantom II, 3 other rebel ships, and Home One (Admiral Ackbar's ship) to do the event. The required ships will need to be 5* to unlock and 7* to max and you will need Thrawn to use it. The other capital ships are available through fleet challenges until 6*, and then through monthly special events to take 7*.
  • Help, this GW lineup is Unbeatable! I have tried three times. First I tried switching out members of my team so that others could come back fresh, and that worked great until.. These Guys came up to bat.

My main team died Immediately. I then brought up my second team, consisting of some members who had been switched out earlier so that they could heal, but... to no avail, they were getting waded through.

Kanan Jarrus cannot be Killed, not even Wounded. I figured the key to winning lay in which of the enemy to attack first. I first went for the healer, but he seemed to take No Damage, so I hit "Retreat" quickly and came back and went for Kanan first. No joy, it was like attacking an Actual Tank, not even a Dent.

Knowing how formidable Kylo is (because I have one) I decided to take him out first the next go round, that did not work either, my team took so much damage trying to get to him that I barely managed to "tap out", by spastically snatching for the "Retreat" button yet again.

The Team to Beat...

[img][/img]5YkSU3v.jpg

The Kanan Defense...

[img][/img]krOK4ws.jpg

I do not know how to beat this. Chopper is probably too weak, and the only AOE I have is Kylo, and that isn't working. Also, Chewy is my Leader because of the +40 Defense that he gives but it does not seem to matter.

The Wookie Defense...

[img][/img]UrvUfSS.jpg

Oh yeah, and 7* Rey died as though she were 3* Rey, even with good Gold Mods!...

Who is left alive on my Team...

[img][/img]Hzeq79a.jpg

• amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    By the way, the reason that these figures look just thrown together is because they are!

This is not my A Team or B Team, but just what is left after They were killed (when I could not grab the "Retreat" button fast enough)...
  • @amaze122 This thread has become one of the biggest thread in the forum. Glad many people are helping you out. How are you doing so far since I last gave you some words of advice?
  • @Anakin_Skywalker, Which brings to mind exactly what I was Just thinking of (I was scrolling through some of the posts in this thread just now)...

How do you look up specific members (without scrolling back and searching through Pages of posts that you Sorta remember), and how do you look up member's posts in specific threads?

About what you were saying though, I remember some of the advice you gave when I first started (Seems like sooo long ago now), and it is all beginning to make sense now, thanks. I haven't seen those Mod packs you mentioned yet though.

A question, the Shard Store just opened for me but it only has Three Items; General Grievous Shards, an Mk-4 Taggeco Holo Lens, and an MK-V Loronar Power Cell?

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Anakin_Skywalker, Which brings to mind exactly what I was Just thinking of (I was scrolling through some of the posts in this thread just now)...

How do you look up specific members (without scrolling back and searching through Pages of posts that you Sorta remember), and how do you look up member's posts in specific threads?

About what you were saying though, I remember some of the advice you gave when I first started (Seems like sooo long ago now), and it is all beginning to make sense now, thanks. I haven't seen those Mod packs you mentioned yet though.

A question, the Shard Store just opened for me but it only has Three Items; General Grievous Shards, an Mk-4 Taggeco Holo Lens, and an MK-V Loronar Power Cell?
    Hey long time ;)
    As for first question, I have no idea too. ctrl+F for search toolbar is all I can think of :neutral:
    And for mod packs, I think I started to see them since like lvl 60 or 70 or like that. But it was well past lvl50 for sure. But since it first appeared, it has been there (store->resources tab. it's on the other tab. not the one where bronzium and chromium packs are) everytime till now. But I l'd like to warn you that mod pack does not guarantee any good speed secondaries. In order to get a good speed secondary mod (regardless of what set it is) you might need to pull a lot of packs that will cost you some good amount of money. If you're looking forward to getting a decent mod by pulling a couple of mod packs, you shouldn't, because that more likely will not happen. At the end of the day it will be worth it but only if you pull a lot of packs enough.

Shard shop will have more items as you level up. For me, level 85, I see Grievous shards, and 10 or so kinds of gears. I rarely use this shop. If you are interested in collecting grievous shard, I would like to tell you that you can also get him from fleet arena shop from lvl60. Will cost 400 token for 5 shards just as other normal characters. BTW he is very underwhelming as of now. But could be getting a rework.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The mod packs are in the resources tab in the store, not the main tab with the character packs. No idea what level they appear though.

The shard shop is now a wonderful way to get some extra gear, but the good gear probably doesn’t appear for you yet. Which is fine because you aren’t going to get much shard shop currency for a while anyway, so just ignore that shop for now.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks, guys, and you're right, I have heard Several people say that Mod Packs are a ripoff, so I was just curious about them since Anakin had mentioned them. And yeah, I guess I can just wait on those shards, then.

For any Newbies reading this post, you are probably wondering, just like I was recently, exactly what "registering 0 damage" in a Raid means, and how to do it. This will explain it very well->>

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jpFRSHPExwc
  • @Liath, I visited Guild Chat, and the Top Contributor in the Raid in my Guild (I checked the Raid "Contribution Board") just got kicked out for "consistently registering damage" in Raids, which apparently they are very serious about over here; they talk about it all the time.

The scary thing is... I am listed as the #6 Contributor, with a score of 3,841, even though my "contribution" to the fight lasted approximately 4 Seconds! :o

Remember when I was told by a Guild member to "Attack the main pig"?

So what is this "0 damage" thing all about then, it is okay to register damage as long as it is not "significant" (his damage was more than 200,000)?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    So what is this "0 damage" thing all about then, it is okay to register damage as long as it is not "significant" (his damage was more than 200,000)?

Depends on guild rules.some guild don't have a zero damage rule some do. (My guild has a damage cap). This works because the big guys can hit the cap and get rank 1-4. The small guys fight for rank behind. This works for us but wouldn't work everywhere.

Talk to your guild and ask the rules.
  • Definitely talk to your guild so you know the rules. The video you posted about registering zero damage should help. Basically, when you go into the rancor raid, just go in with your weakest eligible character, and make sure it is one that doesn't counter or do AOE attacks. The guards should more than likely kill off your single character, but if they don't, only attack the side guards (damaging the center guard is what registers damage for the raid).

Some guilds are stricter about rules than others, so it's always a good idea to know what those are ahead of time.
  • "Talk to your guild and ask the rules."

Guys, they are not exactly a talkative bunch, at least not to Me, anyway. But the rule is posted;

[img][/img]0QyOdvE.jpg

• Pretty strict, but at least it's posted I suppose. Our guild runs a "three strikes and you're out" policy. Either way, just follow the guide for posting a zero and you should be fine. Alternatively, if you're afraid of accidentally doing damage, just wait until the 24hr window has passed for sure and then you can attack as normal.

Your guild may also use a third-party app like Discord or Line to do most of their communications, so the in-game chat might not see much activity. Try checking with your guildmates to see if that's the case.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Liath, I visited Guild Chat, and the Top Contributor in the Raid in my Guild (I checked the Raid "Contribution Board") just got kicked out for "consistently registering damage" in Raids, which apparently they are very serious about over here; they talk about it all the time.

The scary thing is... I am listed as the #6 Contributor, with a score of 3,841, even though my "contribution" to the fight lasted approximately 4 Seconds! :o

Remember when I was told by a Guild member to "Attack the main pig"?

The person who told you to do that was saying it because if you have only one qualified character then if you register with zero damage you have no chance to actually do damage later. In most cases zero means zero, but they could make an exception just for you, it’s up to the guild officers. Was the person who told you it was ok an officer or just a random member? You need an officer or preferably the leader to tell you whether it’s ok.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Liath, The person who told me that was listed as a "Leader".

@Kivrin, I asked about Discord, but the average time it takes to get a response there is a few hours, so..

I actually have Discord, someone in a post somewhere once suggested that I get in touch with this Guy about this really great Guild, and said that it would be easier to do so using Discord, so I downloaded and installed it.

The Guy never responded though, and so I still have this program but have no idea of how to use it.

Edit: I just got an answer from my Guild about Discord use, it was "No, not really"...
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Sunnie1978 I just scrolled back through some posts and saw your post up top about fleet battles. That was not there before, the thread ended at the post by Huatimus, the one dated;
    January 14, 2018 1:26AM

So now I just happened to look up there and it had... appeared! Thank you for all that fleet info and I am going to make a regular habit of both refreshing my page, And checking the posts up top now and again... B)

Edit: (I really can't help it; I Always think of something that I did not say o:) )

So here is my question; does the level and gear level of the pilot affect the power of the ship?