Unique or new ability for Vader?

Vader is arguably one of the many dark side characters who could potentially use a unique or new ability of some sort. I'd love to see force choke or an anti rebel/jedi ability come into play. Name it something cool like Imperial Malace or something, rebels get debuffs a turn longer, Vader resists crits from light side. I'm also still shocked he doesn't have his force choke as an ability of some sort. What do you all think?
Kyle Katarn
Kor Dis Member

Replies

• Options
    He totally needs a rework along with Palpatine and really most Sith and Jedi
  • Options
    In addition to a proper re-work I would like to see a force choke that stuns.
  • Options
    Give him two uniques. It's mad that Darth friggin Vader doesn't have a unique ability
  • Options
    Unique: Furious Resilience: Darth Vader gains +25% Defense and +25% Offense for each Light Side enemy he faces (doubled for Rebel and Jedi enemies).
  • Options
    Thumbs up for force choke. It's mad to think his kit doesn't have it when its just so iconic. Then again, perhaps the animation was considered to be too difficult to pull off? who knows

Vader is long overdue a rework. To think him and EP can get ripped to shreds by peripheral movie rebels like wiggs or chaze is baffling.
  • Options
    Thumbs up for force choke. It's mad to think his kit doesn't have it when its just so iconic. Then again, perhaps the animation was considered to be too difficult to pull off? who knows

Vader is long overdue a rework. To think him and EP can get ripped to shreds by peripheral movie rebels like wiggs or chaze is baffling.

Vader and Palpatine have no hope whatsoever against Chaze. Chaze alone could probably defeat Vader and Palpatine with a team behind them.
  • Options
    I'll keep suggesting this one.
    Enough with your pew-pews: as long as he is not debuffed, Vador has up to 60% chance to return blaster shots dealing half the damages, otherwise the shots are deflected without damage.

Vador gets shot at in the movies but never gets hit. You want to shoot Lord Vader? Be ready to pay the price for your own foolishness...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    I'll keep suggesting this one.
    Enough with your pew-pews: as long as he is not debuffed, Vador has up to 60% chance to return blaster shots dealing half the damages, otherwise the shots are deflected without damage.

Vador gets shot at in the movies but never gets hit. You want to shoot Lord Vader? Be ready to pay the price for your own foolishness...

Sorry have to say this...

It is Vader (which you got right 1/3 times) not Vador
  • Options
    Desolator wrote: »
    Unique: Furious Resilience: Darth Vader gains +25% Defense and +25% Offense for each Light Side enemy he faces (doubled for Rebel and Jedi enemies).

This is a really good suggestion
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer Defense Penetration instead of Defense. More Vader like...unwise to lower your defenses and all.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Give him two uniques. It's mad that Darth friggin Vader doesn't have a unique ability

Why do we need 2 uniques? Just make it a novel in one unique... (That way it can only possibly require 1 more zeta ;))
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I think is Force Crush is supposed to be an aoe type choke. Would of been OP if Vader started with some damage focused version of Fracture or something
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    I prefer Defense Penetration instead of Defense. More Vader like...unwise to lower your defenses and all.

Agree ignore defense or increased defense penetration is better than added defense.
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to feedback.

• Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Tired of seeing more and more and more and more rebels. Darth Vader and EP should not get beaten by characters with 5 minutes of screen time. *cough* Wiggs *cough* Chaze *cough* *cough*
  • Options
    I almost feel like he could have an empire-centric plague system based around his DOT zeta. There's so much room for opportunity with Vader considering how he used to be a real achievement to unlock and now he's never seen in arena.
    Kyle Katarn
    Kor Dis Member
  • Options
    Switchable kit like cls is what is needed for vader. Negates the need for a "new" vader and allows him to be competitive in this day and age.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Why do we need 2 uniques? Just make it a novel in one unique... (That way it can only possibly require 1 more zeta ;))

Yeah well one amazing one with a zeta would be fine as well haha. I just said that cause so many other powerful characters have two
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Passive: UNSTOPPABLE

Whenever an ally or enemy is defeated, all Vaders debuffs are removed, Vader becomes immune to debuffs and only takes 30 % of damage taken for 2 rounds.

If Vader himself defeats an enemy, he also recovers 20 % health and gets Health Up.

If the enemy defeated was a Rebel, Vader also gets Offense Up and Speed Up for 2 rounds and all his cooldowns are refreshed.
  • Options
    He should also have some synergy with Palpatine, I think that could be interesting. Make them like the empire version of Wiggs but more on stuns and debuffs
    Kyle Katarn
    Kor Dis Member
  • Options
    Desolator wrote: »

Wait, you realise that if he faces 5 light side Rebel enemies then he gains +250% defence/offence? It's way overpowered and would likely immediately crush every light side team (as they give him at least 125%). If you say 5% defence/offence doubled for Jedi/Rebels, maybe.