Best Wampa team

As title says. What's considered best Wampa team? Or can anyone inspire me in building best Wampa team?

Replies

• Honestly wampa doesnt seem that good anymore. He seemed amazing when CLS teams were meta, but now that resistance is overtaking he loses his damage boost. Still, if i had to make a wampa team, maybe the normal titan team with wampa instead of thrawn
  • I'm going to try Vader (l), Wampa, Thrawn, Shore and Storm. One force crush and Wampa should have at least 100% counter, +50% health steal and +50 offense.

If that doesn't work, he plugs in to nearly any team as an attacker.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Wampa is definitely a fun character as far as I have seen. Though in my experience, he wasn't as insanely overwhelming as I expected
  • aus10
    189 posts Member
    I'm going to try Vader (l), Wampa, Thrawn, Shore and Storm. One force crush and Wampa should have at least 100% counter, +50% health steal and +50 offense.

If that doesn't work, he plugs in to nearly any team as an attacker.

This is gonna stack well, but he’s gonna be legit in any team.
  • Wampa is definitely a fun character as far as I have seen. Though in my experience, he wasn't as insanely overwhelming as I expected

100% true. I paired Wampa with MT and it's so much fun. Basic idea was make Wampa's debuffs un-dispellable. Daze and Heal Immunity are very powerful.

Some comps I used in arena:
    MT(lead) Wampa GK Thrawn Shore (great against JTR, shore takes mind trick, Thrawn passes TM to shore and he puts crit immunity up)
    Rex(lead) MT Wampa GK Thrawn/R2 (makes Wampa go a bit faster)
    MT(lead) Wampa Asajj Daka Zombie
  • Just unlocked wampa and have used him in last tw..he was 5* g7 no mods...found out he works well in fo phasma lead team...if any fo hero calls him for assist he gets 40% tm and he was able to use furious foe 4 times in the battle...probably woks even better if you have zetas on fost and phasma
  • It’s still a young time for Wampa. I suspect not many have a double bayonet on him yet. He may be slow, but if you are facing CLS rebels and have a double bayonet Wampa....wow. Bloodbath.
  • Cannot wait to unlock him! Only 55/145now though :( would love if he works well under Vader lead cause I really want a good reason to use Vader
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    zVader SAss Thrawn Shore zWampa might be a good team. @Billcarson66 may be able to weigh in on this...
  • I have been using him to great success in the top of my arena shard with Thrawzz (L), Shore, Storm, DT, Wampa.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    I have been using him to great success in the top of my arena shard with Thrawzz (L), Shore, Storm, DT, Wampa.

If you don't mind, can you please share your .gg link? Would love to look at your team
  • I have been using him to great success in the top of my arena shard with Thrawzz (L), Shore, Storm, DT, Wampa.

Ooooo. I would love to see a few vids of that team fighting the meta.
  • Zader/Sass/thrawn/Shore/Wampa is defiantly something I will try...but only against Rex do I think Sass is needed as her job was to get DOTs up before tenacity up.

Sans Rex opponent I might place Talzin or GK(defense purposes) for Sass. I can see storm for GK on defense due to the trooper synergy, but without the Zader DOTs, Wampa won’t have as much offense so he won’t hit as hard. Might as well go with Krennic. His basic hits hard.

Another thread suggested Tuscan shahman in place of Sass. That might not be a bad option either. With Talzin, the healing immunity and daze are undispellable, and with Zader the DOT’s are undispellable. Sadly my Wampa is a few months off his double bayonet.
  • xlX_Snow_Xlx
    75 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @SwiftMooky I don’t have any with the DT/Wampa combination ready, but here is one with IPD/Wampa against the best Rey team on the shard. Rough start with a very long first fracture on Rey, but came back nicely in the end. Watch the damage ramp up on Wampa in the last minute of the video. 30k+ crits on basic!

https://youtu.be/NPnq10clTuA
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for sharing this! Thoroughly enjoyed it. If you had DT, who would you get rid of, Storm or Probot?

On another note, here is my current roster. I'll be unlocking Wampa soon, I'd love some advice on building a squad around him. https://swgoh.gg/u/swiftmooky/collection/
  • @SwiftMooky Against CLS use DT for probe...vs RJT DT for storm
  • I've put a zeta on my Wampa now but I still need to get a zeta on Vader to really try some things out. He's great in DSTBs but not really able to outshine any of the meta toons in arena yet. I'm 45/100 to getting him 7* to try out some more things as well.

I had this idea for arena though... Zader + Zid, Wampa, DT, TFP (270-290 speed after mods) The idea being that TFP would go faster than most BB8s and apply buff immunity, which really hurts JTR and NS teams. then have Zid lay down dots and expose. This all goes to benefit Wampa with the dots giving him boosts and exposed targets that can be stunned on his basic. It would be tough to leave TFP and DT active to take out Wampa early so he would have time to get rolling.

You could sub DT for DN/Shore/GK/Barris/OB/ etc. but that's the general idea. You would need good speed for TFP and Zid as well to make this work but the idea seems like it could be decent against current meta teams. Sans Rex lead of course but you don't see as much of him these days.

Any whales around that could try this out? :)
  • Zader/Sass/thrawn/Shore/Wampa is defiantly something I will try...but only against Rex do I think Sass is needed as her job was to get DOTs up before tenacity up.

Give Thrawn the most speed you can, swap TM with Vader on his first move, that way you don't need Sass.
  • My Wampa is not yet Zeta'd (thanks CG drop rates!!1) but I've been running a couple different arena teams and staying in the top 50 (my normal range.)

I've been using GK (L), Zarris, Thrawn, R2 and Wampa and it's fun. I've tried swapping CLS for R2, tried making CLS leader and going all of those not including GK, but I can't really test Wampa's true power until I get his unique zeta and try a Zader lead.

But Wampa is very tanky with the GK/Zarriss combo, I just don't know the right combo to try and stay close to top-20 on overnight defense.
  • Is wampa daze working as expected? I'm showing it only lasts 1 turn and not 2.