Clones are not worth your investment.

newbornFL
483 posts Member
edited January 2018
enough,clones are utterly bad,it requires a lot of materials and a zeta and yet they are still useless in HAAT.

My patience is over with them,i'm throwing them in the back of the trashbin with Phoenix.

I even gear 12 Rex.

They can't do more than 500k dmg in HAAT but then theres gear VIII resistance that can do over 6 mil so easily.

I wasted so much time on the clones just to get these pathetic results.

Oh and if you get bad RNG there's no point in even trying.

Replies

• Options
    Clones were and are used in P4 and can pretty much solo that phase.
  • TurgonGW
    205 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I did 3.9mil in last HAAT P2 with clones. You're obviously not using them right. Rex isn't a HAAT character to include in your Clone team to start with.

Cody lead with Fives, Sergeant, Echo and Prince Leia - awesome HAAT team for both P2 and P4 - easily does more than 500k.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Options
    I'm talking about P2 clones.

In p4 it's better but not by much,the time invested in them can be used on the rebels.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Clones r a go-to team for me in LS TB...sweep every phase np. Also, I get a 100% clear in p4 H AAT w/ Princess Zody (4 clones minus Rex and Leia).

It's mods. Mad speed on Cody and high offense on the other 4. Avoid speed arrows on everyone but Cody. Offense arrows, offense squares and 45% cc.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yep, if you missed the boat on clones it's a waste of resources at this point in the game.
  • Options
    Clones can solo p4 but the investment needed for them on gear is crazy an there is better teams to solo p2 n p4 with such as resistance with bb8. Easy solo with them n much easier gear investment. Heck if u have cls there is multiple teams (rebels) u can run an get a solo as well in p4. I have agree with u clones not worth the investment. But thts my opinion an im sure 1k others would disagree with me.
  • Options
    Resistance is def the better investment in comparison to clones, but my record is 8.1mil in P2 with clones+jawa scavenger. They're great for me in LS TB as well.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Clones r a go-to team for me in LS TB...sweep every phase np. Also, I get a 100% clear in p4 H AAT w/ Princess Zody (4 clones minus Rex and Leia).

It's mods. Mad speed on Cody and high offense on the other 4. Avoid speed arrows on everyone but Cody. Offense arrows, offense squares and 45% cc.

all phases of LS TB ?!?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    You put g12 on the ONE clone that is useless in Haat? Grats.

P.S. Without proper mods in p4 they get me ~80-85% easily, properly modded they can solo it.
  • Options
    Oh, sure, Resistance is baller for P2 or P4. But there's a pesky P3 between those two phases, so unless your team can solo all three phases--might as well work on Clones, too.

Mine aren't modded all that well (Been too busy farming Veteran Han and Chewie to get them properly modded) but are capable of 1.5-1.75m. Put that on top of the 6m-10m my Resistance team can generate (varies based on Expose RNG) and the 500k-1m Kylo Ren gives (varies based on my successful Escapes and the successful Escapes of my guildmates) and that's basically a lock on 1st place.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    This thread should be closed or deleted.
  • Options
    Here's a solid reference for how to mod clones for hAAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQfIaDDqKQc&app=desktop
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This thread should be closed or deleted.

Why? With power creep model, clones are only going to get worse and as it stands they really aren't worth the investment in my view either at this point in the game.

I don't agree with OP's hyperbole or Phoenix diss but the title I do agree with
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Used to get 6M in P2 with clones and Datcha way back when and they weren’t modded that well. Clones still are a great squad. Good for TW now, as well.
  • Options
    Even if you don't put the zeta on you can still clock a few hundred thousand damage and for a newer player that could be the difference of a couple of places. Heck for some guilds it could be the difference between completing haat or not.

You might as well say resistance aren't worth the effort because there are teams that can put 30 mil out there....
  • Options
    I agree somewhat on a current / go forward basis - Clones are very much subpar. I still use them in TW as an attack squad and I used to solo P4 with them and have Cody with a zeta and the others G11+, but you have squads now that with modest mods can safely and easily get through P3 and P4 while also doing a solid chunk of P2. So they're still useful and not a full waste as alluded to here, but as of Jan 2018 yeah you probably are better off putting resources elsewhere.
  • Options
    Even if you don't put the zeta on you can still clock a few hundred thousand damage and for a newer player that could be the difference of a couple of places. Heck for some guilds it could be the difference between completing haat or not.

You might as well say resistance aren't worth the effort because there are teams that can put 30 mil out there....

Sure but if you're starting the clone farming today, you're not looking ahead in my opinion; you are getting a huge opportunity cost. Waste of resources by the time you get the team ready to use
  • Options
    Clones really aren’t worth it. Much better toons to focus on. A focus on Clones will take away from a focus on Resistance, or getting Thrawn, Thrawn, CLS, Chaze, the better Pilots, Imperial Troopers, so many things are better than Clones
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If you have them geared from The Before Time and/or a fan of clones, great.

Should you drop like 30 MK3 carbanitis, 15-25 cuffs, 15-25 stun guns, and whatnot between them right now? Only if you crazy and hate money.

Besides Rex (to which I regretfully geared to I think X at then end tail of zMaul/Rex), I left everyone at like G8/7, 7*s, level 50ish if anything changes.

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thank you for your Feedback! Moved
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    And here I am just starting to enjoy using my mostly g8 clones in GW. That makes them worth it to me, although not a priority.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    newbornFL wrote: »

Tip: Say so next time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    And here I am just starting to enjoy using my mostly g8 clones in GW. That makes them worth it to me, although not a priority.

They aren’t terrible, and G8 is pretty easy to get to. Higher levels get really tough, other toons are better deserving of your attention for broader use
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

^ classic TVF
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

^ classic TVF

Thanks!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Strictly for HAAT, no they're not. Neither is classic resistance. Big Mix can do 30 mil. That trumps all. But HAAT isn't the only game mode. Clones are also good for TW, TB, and ships. I geared clones for HAAT. Don't use them anymore. But I still use them in all other modes.