StormTrooper under a Director Krennic zeta lead

I'm having some issues eith my Stormtroop modding.
On the triangle, I'm stuck between crit damage, and crit chance
I currently use
DK lead
Thrawn
Veers
Shoretrooper
And Stormtrooper
I might end up swapping Stormtrooper out for Deathtrooper, but for now he is out of the question due to gear and level.
I have Stormtrooper fully omega'd, but it makes me unsure of my mods
Do I go with crit damage so he hits like a truck when he does crit, also regains protection and what not, and will expose more often
Or do I go eith crit chance, so that he gains more protection but exposes less?

Replies

• wait what ?
    swap Veers with DT, and stormtrooper should have in the triangle with HP/Protection/Defense. he wont regen his protection, its not his thing. he should take the debuffs, and take the damage. more protection/defense is better for it. dont count on him healing much or doing crazy damage. leave that for DT and DK.
  • I said i can't use DT
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Honestly, you're better off with a Thrawn lead (assuming you have that leader ability zeta). The extra protection from Thrawn more than makes up for Krennic's zeta (not to mention the new ability and TM boosts, etc.). Also, without DT, your Krennic is not going to last long.

When I run an empire arena squad, my setup is usually Thrawn (L), DT, Krennic, Shoretrooper, and then a random 5th. If I need another tank, I bring in Stormtrooper. If I'm facing Zarriss, I bring along Nihilus. I also randomly use Tarkin (if I want to de-power CLS and Han, and I'm facing a lot of rebels).
    I know you don't have DT yet, but if you're looking at a solid empire team, he's a very high priority.
    So, without knowing what you have, you could go Thrawn (L), Shore and Storm troopers, Veers, and Krennic and do ok, I'd think, until you get DT up there.

Mod wise, Protection on triangle.
  • I have my Stormtrooper under thrawn lead having a protection circle, cross and triangle with speed arrow. I don't run him with CC mods bc I like the expose also as much speed as possible so he taunts a lot and removes TM as much as possible. There's not much benefit to using krennic lead with Stormtrooper I would switch to Thrawn lead. Just my opinion hope it helps
  • IzzytheMelody
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I zeta'd krennics lead, and Thrawn's seems underwhelming
    I just want mod advice ;-;
    Krennic seems a lot more fun than Thrawn lead, and while I have DT at star, he's level 67, g. 7 with no mods
  • I do appreciate the advice.
    But keep in mind I'm trying to have more fun while still being minorally competitive.
    And I find this team to be a lot of fun
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Running DK w/out DT is a bad idea. Expose does more for Storm. Health, prot and speed.

Don't feel bad, many of us have wasted zetas. I have 1 on 5's and 1 on Grandmaster Yoda. It happens. Don't go further down the rabbit hole. If u r stuck on DK lead, then u not only need DT, but u need a zeta on him as well.

Veers is good, w/ a zeta...but u need Troopers that r hitters for him to b worth anything. As of now, when u get a kill, he's just feeding your tanks tm so their taunt drops off faster.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    In the situation you described, I would go with more defense for him. He has low crit chance anyway, and the less he crit the more he exposes, and that is better: more debuffs means more ability block landing as well. Plus the expose will make up for his low damage.

That said, you will have A LOT OF FUN with Thrawn lead. I was suspicious of his zeta but once I used him in the lead, specially against debuff heavy rebels, you will see your team fly, clean, heal like never before. It is such a small thing but between all debuffs you get + the buffs your team do + that 2% is for each time you get/lose the effect (both positive and negative) you will regen a lot of protection. And your team will get extra protection from thrawn lead so it is the most effective Empire leadership for competitive arena.

For the empire!

PS: You can see some combos in action in my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnvO5eJ9bXMo017gNnUuGBg - lots of Empire combos and arena trials :smile:
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • I do appreciate the advice.
    But keep in mind I'm trying to have more fun while still being minorally competitive.
    And I find this team to be a lot of fun

I get what you're saying. That's why I threw in use Prot Triangle at the end. It's important to come up with what you enjoy using, which is probably why I switch my arena team 5 times a day. I'm always trying new combos that are different than everyone else. I hate playing the Meta team (read CLS and RJT right now).
    All that being said, the rest of us are just trying to help you shine as well. Krennic lead is 100% less powerful than Thrawn, period. Thrawn's regen may not be as visibly sexy as Krennic's, but you have to survive long enough to enjoy it. Thrawn's extra ability for Empire is worth the leadership alone. When my shoretrooper loses his taunt and has buff immunity on him, as soon as it's his turn I hit that Thrawn ability and it removes it and gives him almost a full turn meter so I can put it right back on.
    Finally, if you're insistent on Krennic, then I really recommend you put everything you can into getting DT starred, geared, and zeta'ed.

• Truth is krennic lead in arena isn't all that viable. Plus thrawn leader cleanse is critical for empire success in arena too. Mods either way should be prot/speed for TM removal on stormtrooper. Combined with his imperial trooper defense boost ideal team would be thrawn lead DT krennic, shT, ST. DT really is worth it it's a fun team
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I've put protection primary on circle and cross and offense on triangle with CC/CD mods. ShT is the real tank in there and Storm is for me a mix between a tank and an attacker (his zeta is also designed in that goal). He has a high damage variance on his basic, so if he doesn't crit, it's good because of the expose and if he crits, it's also good with CC/CD mods and a bit more offense.
    He does not need additional defense mods or defense primary because of his unique (he starts the battle with +230% defense in a full empire team so a primary with +11% defense is useless).
  • Girl, Thrawn is the best Imperial leader, put a Zeta on his lead ASAP
  • Don't listen to the downers. Krennic zeta is insanely fun and it is semi viable. You can supress your enemies so hard it's hilarious.
    The optimal team would be DK-DT-GAT-Shore-IPD (im running Tarkin since IPD is a b***h to unlock). Now I would say you should drop Veers asap, since he is only good with troopers. Then I say you should also get rid of Storm. Don't get me wrong, storm is one of the best tanks in the game, but under Krennic he isn't as useful IMO, since zDK relies on spamming AOE crits.
    Thrawn is undenyably the best Empire leader atm, but Krennic is way more fun, and he definietly deserves #2 on the list.
    You want to cycle your aoes and avoid counters, and you are good to go!
    This deal is getting worse all the time!
  • I like using Veers under a Krennic lead because he will (when zeta'd), cause troopers to gain 10% protection whenever an enemy dies
    I also like him for his AOE, because that way I can have both Shoretrooper and Stormtrooper hit, with a high chance of gaining back at least 10% protection each
    And yes, I know DeathTrooper is a better pick then stormtrooper, and thrawn is also probably better than DK, but i rather enjoy using Krennic.
    Simple fun.