(Minor spoilers-approach with caution!) can we rename all resistance rebels at this point?

:D
In all seriousness. In the opening crawl, throughout the movie, all the way to the end when Luke says 'the rebellion is reborn" the resistance calls itself the rebellion more than it actually calls itself the resistance.

It wont really affect game balance anyways since we already have rebels dominating arena :tongue:

Replies

• That's because the FO took over. What's left of the resistance are now rebels. It will be interesting if they keep the resistance name for new toons from Ep 9 when that comes out or change to rebels. Toons from Ep 8 should still be resistance since they started the movie that way.
  • It may be useful to group rebels via the time frames that they are featured in by keeping the resistance tag for the "new rebels." I do wonder though, what tag will old man luke get? He's not a rebel any more and certainly not resistance and *spoilers* not quite a jedi either.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • No more rebels
  • Yeah Why not, change Finn's zeta so all rebels gain tm on exposes... I'll take that
  • I think it's better for the game to keep the different eras of rebels separate. But I did definitely notice that Episode 8 went in big with retaking the "Rebel" name and the old Rebellion symbol. But then TFA never successfully established what the whole "Resistance" movement even was in relation to the New Republic. I think there's some backstory in books I haven't read...
  • Yep, they are all rebelling and not resisting now. They are all are Rebels
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • That's just part of the the undoing everything JJ Abram's did in TFA whole thing
  • Fürkész
    211 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    No. They are not those rebels.
  • Was just to make it seem different from a story-telling perspective and probably also to have a new group / symbol that they could market and sell. Never made sense why they'd have ever changed names if Leia is still at the center of the effort. Why would Leia have cared to re-brand the Rebellion?

I'd love to see it changed to Rebels in game just for the absurdity of it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We all know this would never happen but, it's an interesting conversation.
    Was just to make it seem different from a story-telling perspective and probably also to have a new group / symbol that they could market and sell. Never made sense why they'd have ever changed names if Leia is still at the center of the effort. Why would Leia have cared to re-brand the Rebellion?

I'd love to see it changed to Rebels in game just for the absurdity of it.

As far as the re-brand, it does make sense.

Leadership wants to call it a win. If the rebellion persists, did you win?

It's all about perception, that's the difference of being a rebel or a trader. All fine lines, but marketing none the less.
  • Regardless, Rebels is by far and away the strongest faction in the game. It's not going happen, just because it would make it SO much worse.