Unfortunate Bounty Hunters

I like the Bounty Hunters and was happy to see them get some action with the DS TB. So I sent some gears, mods, and a zeta their way and realized they're close to helpless (Boba zeta'd, him and IG-88 are G12, all have good potency+speed mods).

They're average to bad characters. As a faction, they lack about everything: just a bunch of random attackers, no tank, no heal, no friendly support / buffing buddy... Well, so far so good, it fits the description of the job all right. The only weak synergy is around those unreliable self-made sometimes-explosive devices, the Thermal Detonators.
And then, in their one-time chance to fame, some cruel mind pitched them against the worst possible combination: counters, stealth, taunt and cleanse:

Boba first has to ability block exactly all opponents, or hell will break loose.
Greedo and Zam launch a few bombs, some of which stick.
IG-88 Rapid Fires the whole enemy squad with his twin machine gun, and gets immediately gang-mugged by 3 or 4 counters, leaving him as good as a smoking pile of scattered spare parts.
Zam manages to escape one of the bolts sent her way and gets a turn. Time for the big show: chain bomb blowing! Except... Those **** bombs are all on guys that are stealth! She does her very cool electro goggles thing, with close to no effect at all.
Cad manages to stun one of the Pilots before it's too late, but then it's still too late because his twin brother cleanses the whole crew, gone are the bombs (and whatever other semi-useful debuffs that were still surviving)!

Now our heroes are left with mighty basic attacks while the Rebel scum feasts on heals, feeding each other TM, applying taunts on countering guys, calling assists like there's no tomorrow and sprinkling useful debuffs left right and center.

Despite the hopeless odds, I think I managed to win most battles, a few of them the feat of Boba alone who kept regaining his unique Resolve buff and reviving.

So....

Zam has a really cool kit... except it just never works. It needs to get just a little boost, like ignore taunt, ignore stealth, whatever, but actually manage to target those bombs. It's already hard as hell to make them stick one whole turn!
And the cool electro thing could actually do something useful (evasion down is really not a thing, in times when other characters apply slow, ability block, daze, offense down and steal TM all at once, while also gaining close to 50% TM doing so).

Boba's actually quite all right.

IG-88 was mighty and dreadful in 2015. Now he's just parts for Watto's junkyard.

Greedo... enough said?
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

DS in general, but BH specifically all need some love.
  • harryheckDAX
    208 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The thermal detonator really really really really needs a rework. Make it like plauge, fracture and armour shred or something. Like stated in those they are not debufs. I really wouldn't consider an explosive device a debuf.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    First they should give Greedo an added Passive

GREEDO
    BOOOBYTRAP:
    Whenever someone tries to dispell a Thermal Detonator, all Thermal Detonators go off for +30 % damage.

---

BOSSK
    DEMOLITIONSEXPERT:
    All Thermal Detonators do +30 % extra damage when Bossk is on the field.

---

ZUCKUS
    OPPORTUNIST:
    Whenever an ally throws a Thermal Detonator, Zuckus also throws one at the same target.
  • @Darthenstein

At least we can dream.
  • Yep - posted this in another thread. But they are fairly terrible. They couldn't take out a Phoenix team several gear levels below theirs. They should be able to - bounty hunters are, at least theoretically, a solid counter to Phoenix with thermal detonators (which don't create counter opportunities), ability blocks, stuns, strong single shot DPS - and yet, despite being an ideal counter team synergistically, they can't even come close to being effective.

They need A LOT of help in terms of a rework. Honestly, at this point, I've stopped pouring resources into them (mine are mostly g11 already - and probably the weakest g11 toons and team I have).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TDs should be unavoidable/unresistable and locked so they can't be cleansed. This alone would greatly help BH.
  • Teague wrote: »
    TDs should be unavoidable/unresistable and locked so they can't be cleansed. This alone would greatly help BH.

It would even make jawas a force to be considered. And could make for some great diversity in PvP.
  • Bounty Hunters, other than maybe Jedi, need the most rework, plus added characters.

They are REQUIRED for DSTB and they absolutely suck except for Boba.

Rework all current BHs and add:

Jango
    Bossk
    Embo
    Aurra Sing
    4-LOM
    IG-90
    Beebox
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • First they should give Greedo an added Passive

GREEDO
    BOOOBYTRAP:
    Whenever someone tries to dispell a Thermal Detonator, all Thermal Detonators go off for +30 % damage.
    Teague wrote: »
    TDs should be unavoidable/unresistable and locked so they can't be cleansed. This alone would greatly help BH.

Those are certainly 2 great ideas to start with! You can't "cleanse" a bomb like you do a hangover or a headache. Sometime, somewhere, it will go off and make some damage.
    There could be a creative new skill "throw back the **** thing", but not just wipe it. Similarly, you shouldn't be able to "resist" it. It might fall on the guy next to you, but it's still there, about to blow up.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/