I love all the content, but progress is slow

I love pretty much everything that has been happening in the game lately. However...

I'd like to fill out the three gear slots on my g12 toons (Thrawn, R2, Raid Han, and Nihilus), but I'm farming Wampa, since he's a new character who is really awesome and strong and most importantly will be useful in tb and tw. If I wasn't farming Wampa, I'd be farming Hoda as insurance for the next Luke model (whenever he comes out), even though I doubt Hoda will be required.

I'd like to farm more mods, not only for all the toons I have right now who would be great for tb except for their bad/nonexistent mods, but also for Wampa and for JTRey when I get her. But right now I'm stuck farming Vet Han and Chewie shards for JTRey unlock. It pains me to think about how much I'm spending to get these shards when I could be farming tons of decent-to-spectacular mods.

I'd like to spend crystals on gear, but I'm dumping everything into farming the Vets faster to ensure my unlock of JTRey next time. I'm slowly acquiring gear through shard shop, but not everything I need is in there either, particularly g12 gear.

Speaking of g12, I'd like to fill out the gear slots on Thrawn, R2, Raid Han...le sigh.

I love all the new content, I just want a faster avenue to start engaging with more of it.

Replies

• There is a faster avenue.. $$$. Haha.. but on a serious note, I feel your pain, I'm trying to gear and farm a new arena squad, gear FO for next bb8, and gear a haat team... also need 200 shards for both vets for next Rey event.. soooooo much to do :/
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i believe the answer to all this is simple, just spend $.

in the same boat. many modes = many different directions to be pulled in. and I'm f2p so i'm resigned to the very very slow pace of progression. mods have been stuck at.... ok ish for at least 6 months. But can't really afford to NOT farm for RJT's next go around as my shard's pretty much at least half RJT leads (makes the arena climb that much more time consuming)
  • Faster avenue is money :)

But personally i like the challenge of if i go for wampa i can't have g12 or vice versa for me i chose g12 so i obtain more crystals from arena.. wampa and kermit for another year...

Same with the vets currently i am farming them and thats my choice because i want jedi rey but it means i sacrifice other things like mods and to me thats a good thing and keeps me playing a lot longer than having everything now. I love the strategy and the impact it has every decision i make :)
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    The balancing act of everything going on is the key but with every month new toons arriving the amount of gear and credits increases. It's a grind that keeps edging further away. It's good for day one players but daunting for those who got into this game only a year ago.

The problem I face and many others do now is the viability of dark side teams in arena since the rise of CLS and JTR. Nightsisters and geared to the hilt Empire teams can do fine but Sith and the rest (bar Thrawn) have become easy targets for resistance and rebel teams. I've gone from top 100 to fighting to stay top 200 in just a few weeks.

My plan B was Empire but they take so long to farm it's not a quick fix, so despite hating myself for it, I'm gearing up rebel toons. Massive pickle here.

I totally get what you're saying and I'm with you farming the Wampa. Good luck and hopefully the next few months may bring some light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Constantly increasing the need for gear but not the supply is poopy.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    I love pretty much everything that has been happening in the game lately. However...

I'd like to fill out the three gear slots on my g12 toons (Thrawn, R2, Raid Han, and Nihilus), but I'm farming Wampa, since he's a new character who is really awesome and strong and most importantly will be useful in tb and tw. If I wasn't farming Wampa, I'd be farming Hoda as insurance for the next Luke model (whenever he comes out), even though I doubt Hoda will be required.

I'd like to farm more mods, not only for all the toons I have right now who would be great for tb except for their bad/nonexistent mods, but also for Wampa and for JTRey when I get her. But right now I'm stuck farming Vet Han and Chewie shards for JTRey unlock. It pains me to think about how much I'm spending to get these shards when I could be farming tons of decent-to-spectacular mods.

I'd like to spend crystals on gear, but I'm dumping everything into farming the Vets faster to ensure my unlock of JTRey next time. I'm slowly acquiring gear through shard shop, but not everything I need is in there either, particularly g12 gear.

Speaking of g12, I'd like to fill out the gear slots on Thrawn, R2, Raid Han...le sigh.

I love all the new content, I just want a faster avenue to start engaging with more of it.

I train all my toons to level 50, so they are mod ready.

On weekends I'll refresh cantina energy to farm mods I need for my strong toons, meeting cantina energy guild activities, then swap stronger mods obtained for weaker ones placing the weaker mods on my lower toons, which helps making them viable for TW.

Wampa would be hand for DSTB, and I'll start farming him soon, but I started with Hoda and just unlocked him 2 days ago. To be honest you'd be mad to think Hoda is not required for the next phase of Luke's Hero event, which is why I went after Hoda right away.

I too am farming the VS and all other weekly cantina energy is devoted to them.

I focused on getting all toons farmable from Arena store, GW store and Cantina store so I can use their currencies to purchase needed gear or shards to be converted to shard shop currency and again, farm gear there too.

Fleet store is for some toon farming and zeta farming.

I know usually use arena store to keep purchasing the 1M credits - because credit heists are not often enough, lol

if you want ROTJ Luke - go for Hoda, because who knows when he will be coming to the game.
  • Side note, if you haven't seen it I recommend watching south park season 18 episode 6, "freemium isn't free" lol it's funny and surprisingly accurate
  • The biggest problem in the game is the gear crunch. Every toon needs thousands of the same 2 or 3 gear (carbantis, stun guns, etc) while you get thousands of other gear that are not used in the game and could easily be removed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As many have stated $$ is the fast track.
    Constantly increasing the need for gear but not the supply is poopy.

We have access to more gear now than we did before. No I'm not saying it's 1:1, but it is better.

The background for this game is resource management and if they fed us more stuff it would defeat that purpose. They seem to be slowly increasing the gear out there to help us have more options.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    As many have stated $$ is the fast track.
    Constantly increasing the need for gear but not the supply is poopy.

We have access to more gear now than we did before. No I'm not saying it's 1:1, but it is better.

The background for this game is resource management and if they fed us more stuff it would defeat that purpose. They seem to be slowly increasing the gear out there to help us have more options.

I agree with you, and I don't spend credits, gear, etc willy-nilly in this game. I was doing pretty well until tw came out and also as the meta diversified - before that, it was easy and also advantageous to focus primarily on my top 5 toons since Arena was the only pvp play and the main source of crystals. And I like tw and meta diversification - I just can't keep up with the changes.
  • I think with the increased character gear and credit demands need to be addressed by updating challenges and heists. These events were created when level 80 was the highest you could attain. Now with level 85 we still have the same amount of resources coming in and more cost to get maxed characters.
  • They've done a lot to extend the longevity of the game, which I appreciate. However, they could also enhance our ability to make quicker progress without nullifying all of the longevity they have created.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I think with the increased character gear and credit demands need to be addressed by updating challenges and heists. These events were created when level 80 was the highest you could attain. Now with level 85 we still have the same amount of resources coming in and more cost to get maxed characters.

Increased demand? Do you mean new toons?

It's all just resource management, and the demand has not gone up that much, considering you would have maxed toons out (decreased demand) as toons are released. No not at the same rate but still to some effect.

I agree a little more should come our way, but they have been trying to give us more gear. I was hoping "flash events" would help, but I guess not.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I think with the increased character gear and credit demands need to be addressed by updating challenges and heists. These events were created when level 80 was the highest you could attain. Now with level 85 we still have the same amount of resources coming in and more cost to get maxed characters.

It's all just resource management, and the demand has not gone up that much, considering you would have maxed toons out (decreased demand) as toons are released. No not at the same rate but still to some effect.

I agree a little more should come our way, but they have been trying to give us more gear. I was hoping "flash events" would help, but I guess not.

The increased demand doesn't come from new characters, it comes from the game modes that expect you to have tons of characters leveled and geared that were previously basically irrelevant - TB and TW.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

The increased demand doesn't come from new characters, it comes from the game modes that expect you to have tons of characters leveled and geared that were previously basically irrelevant - TB and TW.

I see those more as goals. and we all know you are not supposed to just have everything in this game once it comes out (unless you want to $$). just keep working on things and progress. thats kinda the game. i can agree that we need more, but i dont think they should give out too much more or it destroys the pace of the game.

if everyone started hitting the top edge people would end up leaving, because there would be nothing to do and things would be the same each time. if you are growing through TB and TW, each time you do it things are slightly different and you have a new toy to play with (or donate to platoons and cry a little) or you are planning and working on a plan to be better next time. IMO
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    They've done a lot to extend the longevity of the game, which I appreciate. However, they could also enhance our ability to make quicker progress without nullifying all of the longevity they have created.

They already did a bit. Heroic pit raids are soloable for many. The cooldown on challenges was reduced. The new guild events give access to more gear/currency rewards. Guild event shop is also a great source for golden gear outside of the AAT raid. New toons (Thrawn, BB8, CLS, reworked raid Han etc.) give more guilds access to completing hAAT raids. It all helps speeding up your progress. No, it doesn't help you catching up with everybody else, since everybody else also get the increased gear/currency rewards, but still you progress faster.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i haven't equiped a single gearpiece at g12, it's not really necessary tbh.
    Save water, drink champagne!