Difficulty Still Broken

2Next

Replies

• I agree with the OP. It is better but still broken. Just ran the probe droid battle with:

zVeers (7*, G12, 207 speed)
    Snow (7*, G12, 161 speed)
    Death (7*, G12, 168 speed)
    Shore (7*, G12, 143 speed)
    Starck (5*, G9, 199 speed)

All loaded with 5 dot mods for protection, damage or speed depending on toon

Starck was dead from counters after his second turn in wave 1, Veers was dead from counters after first turn in wave 2 and the rest fell like dominoes after.

DS TB difficulty is still broken and the platoon deployment bug is still there as well.

Not a bad first pass by the developers but this should have been held back until it was fully tested.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    srfen74 wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. It is better but still broken. Just ran the probe droid battle with:

Starck was dead from counters after his second turn in wave 1, Veers was dead from counters after first turn in wave 2 and the rest fell like dominoes after.

DS TB difficulty is still broken and the platoon deployment bug is still there as well.

Not a bad first pass by the developers but this should have been held back until it was fully tested.

O_o
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • srfen74 wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. It is better but still broken. Just ran the probe droid battle with:

Sounds like you're using aoe against a counter team. Not generally a good method of play
  • WOW! You couldn't clear it with that squad and orbital bombardment?? Like, I don't even know how you can go up from where you are.

The rest of the table has seem really well balanced in terms of difficulty. I couldn't clear the bounty hunter specific CM today, but based on gear and mods I didn't expect them to. Surprised to learn probe droid battle is so tough.
    srfen74 wrote: »

• In past battles my Imp Troopers have owned all enemies and even my underpowered Bounty Hunters managed to pass their battle this round. The probe droid battle was beyond ridiculous for difficulty at that star level.

I counted 9 hits on Starck due to a counter and then assists off of that counter using his basic. Never had a chance.
  • My IT lost today too. They aren’t great
    G11 Shore (good mods)
    G11 DT (good mods)
    G8 Veers (no zeta, ok mods)
    G7 Starck (bad mods)
    G8 Magma (Bad mods)

Shore died first. His unique, which heals him... didn’t work out. I couldn’t use any of my specials because if I did, pretty much their entire team would use a counterattack. So he died, then it was all downhill from there.

I got through Phase 1, thanks to DT. But I didn’t stand a chance in Phase 2
  • https://youtu.be/mxo3Ou9_wgc

I dunno, thought it was easy.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    https://youtu.be/mxo3Ou9_wgc

Ok.. but what was your gear levels?

Did you have zeta?
  • I’ll be using Storm over Magma next time. I used Magma cuz the level happened to be 85. But Storm kit is Much better
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Did you have zeta?

zVeers 7* G11, zStarck 5* G11, DT 7* G10, Shore 6* G10 and Snow 7* G9
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Did you have zeta?

zVeers 7* G11, zStarck 5* G11, DT 7* G10, Shore 6* G10 and Snow 7* G9

Well yeah then lol. Easy peasy
  • Part of the high difficulty is the obsurd platoon requirements with characters that are locked behind packs. Without the ability to weaken the rebel strafe, it’s impossible.
  • Part of the high difficulty is the obsurd platoon requirements with characters that are locked behind packs. Without the ability to weaken the rebel strafe, it’s impossible.

Spot on. Now i feel absolutely **** that I bought ipd and Starck pack :(
  • We starting talking in my clan’s discord about whether or not Imperial Retaliation was designed to punish players who don’t spend a lot of money on this game. It really feels like CG/EA is trying to drive ya to buy packs. It’s one thing to allow players the option of speeding up their progress, it’s another to lock them out entirely.
  • Buying packs won’t make anything different unless some abilities are reworked. As of now it doesn’t matter if a character is 7 star g12 or not because the rebels abilities are too overpowered. Even with the buffs from wasting characters on platoons.
  • https://swgoh.gg/u/phatphil3/squads/7819/

This above squad cleared the mission easily. I probably could've auto'd it.
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/phatphil3/squads/7819/

This above squad cleared the mission easily. I probably could've auto'd it.

That’s a lot of G11 :/ It’s also the crew I want to run when I can. But I average G9 :/
  • Phase 3, battle requires 4* dark side toons. I don't have a killer squad (level 60ish, 4* led by vader), but gave it a try. I didn't even knock out one opponent in the first wave! How fun... Why have a minimum requirement that makes no sense?
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I’m amazed that it seems like the devs consider the issue closed. DSTB is still ridiculously overtuned for how week most DS teams/toons are. That IPD mission is absolute garbage and they’ve been pretty much silent about it. They either need to nerf the rebel opponents, or give DS a complete buff pass, because this content is absolutely 0 fun, as it stands.
  • It’s a joke of an event right now.
    Spent 3 week’s geared my Imperial Troopers to g10. I have a 7* g10 zVeers, DT, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and a 6* Starck with good mods and they were completely smashed in wave 2. They couldn’t make a dent in it.
  • It’s a joke of an event right now.
    Spent 3 week’s geared my Imperial Troopers to g10. I have a 7* g10 zVeers, DT, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and a 6* Starck with good mods and they were completely smashed in wave 2. They couldn’t make a dent in it.

I got G9 Zeers, G7 Starck, G10 Snow, and G11 Storm/DT to ALMOST win. Luke didn’t get daze and stunned my DT and it was out from there
  • The fact that people seem to need g11+ characters plus Shoretrooper to beat a phase 3 mission in order to get a required hero unit for later missions is ****.
  • Gear up your Dark side characters, Imperial Retaliation is not that hard
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    Gear up your Dark side characters, Imperial Retaliation is not that hard

I have been for weeks. G10 just isn’t good enough for some of the special missions even in phases 1-3.
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    Gear up your Dark side characters, Imperial Retaliation is not that hard

I have been for weeks. G10 just isn’t good enough for some of the special missions even in phases 1-3.

Then check your mods. It's a combination of both that will make it click for your next combat.
  • Either the content is 7*, Level 85, G11+ and should be stated, or the content is broken and needs a nerf. There is no reason a phase 3 combat mission should be harder than a level 5 combat mission.They should move the IPD mission to day 6 if they plan on keeping it as hard as it is.
  • Dark Territory Battles are the worst. Please fix or delete it. Awful content