Please Fix Imperial Retaliation

Prev1
The event isn’t fun, it’s not tuned properly, and there is no sense of “pride and accomplishment” for playing.

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The only part that is overtuned IMO is the IPD mission, which most people agree with me on. Yes the combat is harder than LS... it's supposed to be. Platoons could also use some work.
  • The event isn’t fun, it’s not tuned properly, and there is no sense of “pride and accomplishment” for playing.

couldn't agree anymore
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    What about it makes it not fun? Just curious, not trying to be rude.

The platoons make it difficult because there just aren't that many great DS teams so when you have to give up a strong character it really leaves handicapped. But that's all that I dislike about it.
  • First and second waves of CMs are way too easy.

IPD mission is a bit hard considering the 5* requirement.

BH faction need a rework. They are not easy to gear, lack synergy and are weak overall.

Platoons should have less positions to fill since there are not as many DS toons as LS.

Overall it is better than it was when they launched it.

• The last waves are ridiculous, even on the first day they are harder than the LS TB, they need to lower platoon reqs, we have far less DS toons then LS toons, other than that its ok
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Iheartgame wrote: »
    The event isn’t fun, it’s not tuned properly, and there is no sense of “pride and accomplishment” for playing.

couldn't agree anymore

Can't tell if you meant you agree and used the wrong word, or if you used to agree but now you don't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It'd be great if we had characters that could do a 100% team heal like the rebel NPCs we face do so often. You widdle down a team and suddenly they are back to full health, then they get health buff, defense buff, retaliation, some stealth, some get foresight and you're worse off than when you began.

Really need to add some cooldown time to those 100% heals and/or nerf them a bit. If "we" can't 100% heal our whole team, why are we facing teams that can? (Even in early phases and early rounds)
  • how many times do i need to say this this game is REBEL biased will be and forever be this is no suprise
  • Monel wrote: »
    What about it makes it not fun? Just curious, not trying to be rude.

The platoons make it difficult because there just aren't that many great DS teams so when you have to give up a strong character it really leaves handicapped. But that's all that I dislike about it.

Fair enough question. It’s not fun to get torn apart in phase 1-3 when you spend weeks as a f2p player gearing imperial troopers to g10, spend hard earned zetas, etc. I can’t even devote time to the rest of my Darkside teams, because I still have to spend more weeks gearing imperial troopers just to get through 1 mission in phase 3...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to DS TB sub forum.

BH faction need a rework. They are not easy to gear, lack synergy and are weak overall.

Platoons should have less positions to fill since there are not as many DS toons as LS.

That isn’t saying much. They launched it in an absolutely atrocious state. The problem now is that, while they did tweak it a bit, it is still absurdly overtuned and DS is still incredibly weak, comparatively. Add to that the Rebels have full team heals/cleanses and you have a gauntlet that a majority of players do not enjoy. LS TB can be annoying, but I HATE DS TB with a passion.

I like that the first 2 waves of CMs has been easier than first released.

Agreed on the IPD Special Mission. My team barely scratched the Rebels:
    -Veers 7* G8
    -SnowTr 7* G8
    -StormTr 7* G8
    -ShoreTr 5* G8
    -Starck 6* G8

Granted, I wasn't expecting to win, but I was hoping to see that they can do....something.

I got 3 BHs to 7* and G8, my fourth is 4* Level 1 G1. Not even worth the time to try the CM.

As for Toon-Platoons, I'm kinda disappointed. With 180 slots available and 62 DS Toons, odds are each DS Toon should've appeared at least twice. In the current Phase 3, I Platoon'ed 17, and I still have 14 4* DS Toons that are left twiddling their thumbs because they're unwanted.

I think both TBs are getting better. I think in a few more rounds, more bugs will be fixed, and more "balance" issues resolved, we'll get to a point where a lot more people would be happy.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    how many times do i need to say this this game is REBEL biased will be and forever be this is no suprise

Agree - they're not going to put out tomtato can rebels like they do Imperial units - this DS TB is compounded bias:

1. Bias of LS having stronger character units like CLS, RJT, GK, Han, etc. - this CG bias creates a player bias in that DS rosters are therefore less developed since historically they've been bad
    2. Bias of LS having more available units overall which adds options and flexibility
    3. Bias of availability / cost - most or all LS elite characters are given out for free just for playing: CLS, GK, Raid Han, R2, BB8, RJT ... on and on. They are almost all fully farmable units. R1 units baze and Chirrut have been lowest price in shipments for months now. Best DS units are behind heavy paywalls though: Talzin and KRU are DS TB viable squads, but require $$$ to have at the higher star levels. Shore / DK are hard farms still and STILL have premium pricing in shipments as if they were new heroes.
    4. Bias of the required / special unit in DS being really terrible...BH is a joke compared to PX or R1 for LS and is one of the worst factions in the game
    5. Bias of the PVE units being specifically created to counter what DS units kits are built on - debuffs and control
    6. Bias of the hero units like CLS / Wiggs, etc being really strong in missions where the DV / Veers counterparts in LS TB are jokes

So absolutely ... all of these biases are combining to make DS TB a pain for people relative to LS TB.
  • It's a lot more fun when you get your squads up to snuff and you can actually finish platoons. Without platoon bonuses, it's much harder. The last three sandwiches are always tougher because of all the pay-to-play characters in the platoons.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

It's tuned fine. Yes, there's a big difference in the difficulty of waves 3 and 4, but then again that's exactly where you find that sense of pride and accomplishment — when you complete wave 4.

Yes, I need to develop my troopers more. G8 is not near enough for the IPD mission — but it's always nice to have goals to work towards accomplishing.
  • Waqui wrote: »

It's tuned fine. Yes, there's a big difference in the difficulty of waves 3 and 4, but then again that's exactly where you find that sense of pride and accomplishment — when you complete wave 4.

Yes, I need to develop my troopers more. G8 is not near enough for the IPD mission — but it's always nice to have goals to work towards accomplishing.

This ^^^ this is the.point folks, listen to this ^^
  • The event isn’t fun, it’s not tuned properly, and there is no sense of “pride and accomplishment” for playing.

The event is really good and a big upgrade then just light side territory battles. It might be challenging if you don't have string dark side characters but it's really fun. If you're struggling you may think about investing a little more in the dark side
  • HobbitHubby
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Fives5555 wrote: »

The event is really good and a big upgrade then just light side territory battles. It might be challenging if you don't have string dark side characters but it's really fun. If you're struggling you may think about investing a little more in the dark side

Kitten... I have g10 Darkside teams that are getting crushed. I’m F2P so my resources are super limited. I’ve spent a month getting my Imperial Troopers all geared to 10 and they’re not even ready for prime time. I want to be able to move on to my other squads, but it looks like if I want to be able to complete a Phase 3 mission, I’ll need them all at g11. It’s rediculous for phase 3. Lord only knows how many g12s I’ll need for phase 6.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Waqui wrote: »

My Imperial Troopers are all at g10 with Zetas. It’s NOT tuned fine.
  • Based on the historical progression of the game, and the natural increase in GP over time, it won't be too long before DSTB is on farm for a lot of guilds. I certainly understand the general frustration that many players have with "unbeatable" content. But, perhaps you can take solace in the fact that even if it doesn't get nerfed, it won't remain unbeatable forever. Personally, I've decided to embrace the challenge before it becomes just another series of auto-battles.

(And... the current Bounty Hunter faction is just terribad and seriously needs a rework. lol)
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Fives5555 wrote: »

Kitten... I have g10 Darkside teams that are getting crushed. I’m F2P so my resources are super limited. I’ve spent a month getting my Imperial Troopers all geared to 10 and they’re not even ready for prime time. I want to be able to move on to my other squads, but it looks like if I want to be able to complete a Phase 3 mission, I’ll need them all at g11. It’s rediculous for phase 3. Lord only knows how many g12s I’ll need for phase 6.

Then you need to look into your mods as well.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Fives5555 wrote: »

****... I have g10 Darkside teams that are getting crushed. I’m F2P so my resources are super limited. I’ve spent a month getting my Imperial Troopers all geared to 10 and they’re not even ready for prime time. I want to be able to move on to my other squads, but it looks like if I want to be able to complete a Phase 3 mission, I’ll need them all at g11. It’s rediculous for phase 3. Lord only knows how many g12s I’ll need for phase 6.

I ran with my arena mods on this team. They’re fine. This is phase 3 for crying out loud.
  • Fives5555 wrote: »

****... I have g10 Darkside teams that are getting crushed. I’m F2P so my resources are super limited. I’ve spent a month getting my Imperial Troopers all geared to 10 and they’re not even ready for prime time. I want to be able to move on to my other squads, but it looks like if I want to be able to complete a Phase 3 mission, I’ll need them all at g11. It’s rediculous for phase 3. Lord only knows how many g12s I’ll need for phase 6.

Or, you need to accept that the content is poorly balanced.
  • HobbitHubby
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Worse is that this forum shows a history of the same issues of imbalance with Imperial Retaliation and it’s gone unaddressed since the first rework. Not even a “we’re looking into it.” since November!
  • Think it's fine as is, gets hard in the last few phases but that's expected. He's ipd mission isnt that tough, I mean it is tough, but If you attack properly and think about what you're doing it's beatable. I don't have any imperial troopers at G12 and j beat it

Team
    Zeers G11
    Starck G7
    Snowtrooper G10
    Deathtrooperr G9
    Shoretrooper G10

not arena mods
  • Think it's fine as is, gets hard in the last few phases but that's expected. He's ipd mission isnt that tough, I mean it is tough, but If you attack properly and think about what you're doing it's beatable. I don't have any imperial troopers at G12 and j beat it

Team
    Zeers G11
    Starck G7
    Snowtrooper G10
    Deathtrooperr G9
    Shoretrooper G10

not arena mods

If you actually beat the phase 3 IPD mission with that team, then the RNG really is completely imbalanced.

Team
    Zeers G11
    Starck G7
    Snowtrooper G10
    Deathtrooperr G9
    Shoretrooper G10

not arena mods

If you actually beat the phase 3 IPD mission with that team, then the RNG really is completely imbalanced.

Maybe he just had better attack strategy.
  • I focused on CHS first, used orbital bombardment to ability block everyone, did everything I could to keep ability block up on CHS and CLS and they still cut me to pieces.
  • I would not worry about ability block until Cholo is down. Use AT-AT attack to blow a nice big chunk off him. I waited until I had his protection wiped and some of his health too. AT-AT can remove 85% health at full strength. If he only has 80% health remaining ... bye-bye.