Need some gp help

I am sitting around 70 in the arena and have a gp if only 900,000. I put all my resources into the characters I needed and abandoned the others. I have over 130million credits doing nothing so I was wondering what I can do to increase my gp without wasting too much resource.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Scotte8797 wrote: »
    I have over 130million credits

Oh my god.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Level characters to 53. Gear up using gear you have in surplus. Level up random 5 dot mods to 15 and put them on every crew memeber. That should use up about 100mill.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I have over 130million credits doing nothing so I was wondering what I can do to increase my gp without wasting too much resource.

If you train/gear/etc. crew members it will reflect on both your character GP and ship GP.

• Scotte8797 wrote: »
    I am sitting around 70 in the arena and have a gp if only 900,000. I put all my resources into the characters I needed and abandoned the others. I have over 130million credits doing nothing so I was wondering what I can do to increase my gp without wasting too much resource.

God I wish I had 130m creds. I mean, all my creds get spent within minutes.
  • Dear lord thought my 70 mil was a lot and i have a gp of 2.1 mil, level and gear your characters, buy mods, level mods, you have the resources to level plenty of them
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section.
  • Man, horded credits don't do anything for you. Hold ~10 mil for when a good mod pops up and you can grab it and spend the rest.
    Or, just that, start trolling the mod store - when you see one you can buy with credits and has a speed secondary, you get it.
    My eight year old horded up 17 mil and I was on to help him with something and I was like **** what you doing kid? You aint' gettin' CLS any time soon buddy, level yo' toons!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Perhaps I missed something but how can someone be ranked 70 in their arena but only be 900k in GP??? What sorcery is this???
  • Perhaps I missed something but how can someone be ranked 70 in their arena but only be 900k in GP??? What sorcery is this???

Very devoted into the toons I use haha. Gear 12 cls, gear 12 kenobi, gear 11 han, gear 12 r2 and gear 12 kylo. With a few zetas in there haha

With the exception of Territory Wars, there's no reason to worry about your GP.

If it is for TW, I'd focus on a few toons to build new teams with and not spread yourself thin. 10 low geared characters are more worthless than 5 moderately geared characters.
  • Level characters to 53. Gear up using gear you have in surplus. Level up random 5 dot mods to 15 and put them on every crew memeber. That should use up about 100mill.

That seems like a total waste of resources to me. L53 characters with crappy mods are unusable in any game mode except platoons in TB's (which don't require any mods or character levels, only stars).

If you're satisfied with your arena squad, I'd spend those resources leveling/gearing/modding characters and/or squads that have value in other game modes. Pick a squad that's useful for something (raids, TB's, TW... something) but that is currently underdeveloped, and develop them. You can burn through your resources just as fast, but actually have something worthwhile accomplished when you're done, and bump your GP at the same time. Bumping GP for the sake of having a higher GP isn't exactly the most efficient use of resources in a game that is all about resource management.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Perhaps I missed something but how can someone be ranked 70 in their arena but only be 900k in GP??? What sorcery is this???

In general (i.e. not specific to this one person) I don't understand why this would be confusing. Since everyone on your arena shard started around the same time, many of top players would all be around 900k GP at some point.

Granted this will be affected by who spends how much, but I don't get why this would be strange at all.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Level characters to 53. Gear up using gear you have in surplus. Level up random 5 dot mods to 15 and put them on every crew memeber. That should use up about 100mill.

That seems like a total waste of resources to me. L53 characters with **** mods are unusable in any game mode except platoons in TB's (which don't require any mods or character levels, only stars).

If you're satisfied with your arena squad, I'd spend those resources leveling/gearing/modding characters and/or squads that have value in other game modes. Pick a squad that's useful for something (raids, TB's, TW... something) but that is currently underdeveloped, and develop them. You can burn through your resources just as fast, but actually have something worthwhile accomplished when you're done, and bump your GP at the same time. Bumping GP for the sake of having a higher GP isn't exactly the most efficient use of resources in a game that is all about resource management.
    He asked how to boost GP. I told him the most effective way of boosting GP.

I feel rich with 40m banked. You should start developing another squad. Also pick another rebel and work them, I think Kylo is holding you back.

Having 1 super squad is great for Arena, but it's not doing much for fleet, TW or TBs.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Level characters to 53. Gear up using gear you have in surplus. Level up random 5 dot mods to 15 and put them on every crew memeber. That should use up about 100mill.

That seems like a total waste of resources to me. L53 characters with **** mods are unusable in any game mode except platoons in TB's (which don't require any mods or character levels, only stars).

He asked how to boost GP. I told him the most effective way of boosting GP.

Well, in regard to the cost in credits, your advice provides the cheapest way to boost GP. But it's not exactly effective relative to results gained. So, I guess it depends on your goals. I offered a way to boost GP without wasting resources, which is what the OP asked for.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Just a reminder that it's basically free to take any toon to ability level 3 on all abilities, and to a middling level in the 30-40 range. Also to gear level 3 or 4, although that depends on the toon and how much bad gear you have stockpiled.

I feel rich with 40m banked. You should start developing another squad. Also pick another rebel and work them, I think Kylo is holding you back.

Having 1 super squad is great for Arena, but it's not doing much for fleet, TW or TBs.

Would fulcrum Ashoka help? I recently got her to 7*
  • Take all your pilots to lvl 85 as people have said. Its the fastest way to boost GP and help out your guild for TB. Higher GP to deploy = closer to the next star!
  • I have 19k credits. Lol

But yes, I just spend all my credits because I like to see my GP go up.

Would fulcrum Ashoka help? I recently got her to 7*

Do you like 1 shotting characters with full protection?

I'm exaggerating a bit, but yeah Fulcrum would be a vast upgrade over Kylo IMO, especially on attacks. She gives 40% Prot Up on basic for self and random ally(who doesn't have it, which is even better), so putting her under a counter attack lead is magical. Han pumps out buffs turn 1, so at minimum she'll gain 75% TM and Whirlwind for 5. Total uniques possible: Retribution(F), Prot Up(F), Stealth(r2,F), Advantage(r2), Crit Imunity(GK), CC(H), CD(H), & Evasion Up(H)...unless I'm forgetting any. Her zeta makes it unevadable, which is pretty nice with all the foresight showing up recently. Mine basics for 10-12k(meh) and Whirlwinds for 7.5-10k per buff(not so meh).

Only issue is she melts if focused down on, but what attacker doesn't and her giving herself 40% PU per counter will help. If you have good mods and can get a turn order of RHan, Fulcrum then r2 it would be even less an issue since she'll get buffs, meditate, whirlwind, then catch stealth from r2; but that's likely to be tricky to do without slowing down r2. Other downside is, much like RHan, her zeta is pretty much mandatory.

I have a maxed out zeta'd Fulcrum, and although I don't run her in arena, she's a blast to play. She just gets a bad wrap since she can't be dropped into any squad and work well, like some other squads(CLS, Thrawn, GK).