Can This Gear Level Squad Get 7* Thrawn

I'll have:
Ezra (G11, maxed except for the zeta)
Everybody else (Hera, Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb) G8 with uniques and basics lvl7 or maxed.

I expect they'll all be level 85.

Here's my roster (Ezra is the only one who resembles what he will be): https://swgoh.gg/u/ariben/collection/?f=phoenix

I have all the shards for everybody I just haven't promoted them yet.

The crux of my question is this: can Ezra being geared and arena modded be enough to carry everyone else at G8?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes, since it can be done with all of them at g8. But you'll need good mods on the rest also probably.
  • Mine were all g8 so yeah it can be done.
  • You'll be good.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Just to make sure: did you all beat it before or after the alleged buff to the event? (I think folks say the October 2017 event got a buff and became more difficult.)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ariben wrote: »
    Just to make sure: did you all beat it before or after the alleged buff to the event? (I think folks say the October 2017 event got a buff and became more difficult.)

People say that about every event every time it comes back, usually with no actual basis.

October was the 2nd time the event appeared, that's when I got Thrawn 7*.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Just to make sure: did you all beat it before or after the alleged buff to the event? (I think folks say the October 2017 event got a buff and became more difficult.)

Everyone says it all the time, the event got made harder. The reason they say is usually because someone said they would clear it at gear vii and they can't. The original person neglected to mention that gear vii was with good mods and involved replaying the event 1000 for rng to come good.

Gear viii on all and x on Ezra is probably still a little reliant on rng so dont come here moaning that the event was buffednif you fail once but you will get it,
  • Aht1
    28 posts Member
    I also got my 7* Thrawn at the last iteration of the event. I had very mediocre mods (basically 5* mods with a +30 Speed arrow on 3 or 4 toons). I also used Sabine. Ezra was G10 rest G8.

It is pure rng after doing some smart decisions. It is definitly possible with a full G8 team and not even good mods, you just need to luck it out. The better the mods the easier it gets. The only 'safe bet' to make this event easy is Sabine's Zeta (but srsly who wants to zeta a toon you won't use...).

So just try try try. When someone says you need a full g10 team or minimum G9 because the event was secretly 'buffed' don't listen this one just seems to be to bad to finish this event...
  • Thanks for the intel, people.
    Naraic wrote: »

...so dont come here moaning that the event was buffed...

lol
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    anyone know if I can beat it with my phoenix? I will put speed mods on for event, but reaallllly don't want to level up phoenix any more if possible. I hate them lol, but mostly don't want to gear them over others

https://swgoh.gg/u/gifafi/

ty

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    anyone know if I can beat it with my phoenix? I will put speed mods on for event, but reaallllly don't want to level up phoenix any more if possible. I hate them lol, but mostly don't want to gear them over others

https://swgoh.gg/u/gifafi/

ty

Yes, you should be fine, and since your Phoenix are already better than what we were talking about, I'm not sure why you felt the need to ask.
  • when is next Thrawn event? My guild mates had trouble the last time and didn't want to "waste" a zeta, had the +30 speed mods. Others in the guild beat it with less than stellar mods, no +30 speed mods. This makes it seem RNGish. I think part of the issue is the chemistry of the team...perhaps there's a particular order that the Phoenix must attack that last phase with Thrawn. Anyway, I'm ready and will have mods/gear/credits available. If need be, I will zeta Sabine or Ezra. lol
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    when is next Thrawn event?

Thrawns ship has been announced as next week by a game changer. One would assume he will be coming with his ship but that's just a guess.

It's confirmed for Jan 18.
  • Ariben
    95 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Naraic wrote: »

Everyone says it all the time, the event got made harder. The reason they say is usually because someone said they would clear it at gear vii and they can't. The original person neglected to mention that gear vii was with good mods and involved replaying the event 1000 for rng to come good.

Gear viii on all and x on Ezra is probably still a little reliant on rng so dont come here moaning that the event was buffednif you fail once but you will get it,

This event is buffed! I tried and tried and it is impossible without everyone gear 10 and at least a couple of zetas.
    Post edited by Ariben on
  • ...just kidding. Thanks for the advice in this thread. I moved my arena mods over and got it on the third try.
  • Bump. Just so @Naraic sees this thread again.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Bump. Just so @Naraic sees this thread again.

Lol

Grats man