Any thoughts on why I cannot beat 7*?

Prev1
I tried several times last round and since then, I upgraded Hera to g9. Not sure why I cannot even get close to beating the last level of Thrawn. Here is my swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/zerfius/collection/

I have preferred to use Sabine over Chopper because I have no damage being done without her. When I get to the last phase, I have Ezra debuff the Stormtrooper, but he just puts his taunt right back up. I use Hera's rez on whoever gets fractured. I do not use any taunts (mostly cause I die too quickly). The furthest I have gotten is killing the Stormtrooper and one DT. I cannot get any further than that.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You look ready to go. Hmmm.

Use chopper. Hera, zeb, chopper, kanan, and ezra.
    You’ll need chopper’s taunt and prot.up.
    You’ll need omega for all basics and uniques.
    You’ll need 5* mods with a fast chopper, looknfor +60 speed for each toon.
    Save your taunts to protect the fractured toon.
    Ezra uses Zeb, Hera uses Ezra.
    Start with the death troopers, then storm, then healers, then thrawn.
    It’s heavily dependent on rng so it will take multiple attempts unless you’re very lucky.
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    You’ll need 5* mods with a fast chopper, fast as you can get him.

Is there a target number I am looking for on Choppers speed?
  • Zerfius wrote: »
    I tried several times last round and since then, I upgraded Hera to g9. Not sure why I cannot even get close to beating the last level of Thrawn. Here is my swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/zerfius/collection/

I have preferred to use Sabine over Chopper because I have no damage being done without her. When I get to the last phase, I have Ezra debuff the Stormtrooper, but he just puts his taunt right back up. I use Hera's rez on whoever gets fractured. I do not use any taunts (mostly cause I die too quickly). The furthest I have gotten is killing the Stormtrooper and one DT. I cannot get any further than that.

What am I doing wrong?

Chopper helps more with this event, in my opinion. He has the unique heal and he has the extra dispel. His dispel reduces TM. He takes damage after Kanan gets fractured (or vice versa). He is the best supporting actor for this event. Ezra is the MVP.

I wouldn't taunt until the last phase. And then whoever taunts should get backup plan.

I find your lack of speed and speed arrows disturbing. I know that you can't just conjur up speed mods out of nowhere, but you can move your speed arrows from CLS, Luke, Teebo, and Rex. You can also move your speed secondaries off your arena team and your rebels.

Kill order: DTs, STs, Thrawn.

This event is not about damage but survivability. Use Ezra for damage and use everyone else to support and increase survivability. Zeb has a good attack. That's who I use Ezra to call. But I use Zeb's special for survivability every time it comes off cooldown.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Zerfius wrote: »
    snarzenal wrote: »
    You’ll need 5* mods with a fast chopper, fast as you can get him.

Is there a target number I am looking for on Choppers speed?

I’ve got mine at 183 and it would have been easier with him a little faster. He’s one of my slowest.

• Yeah, @Ariben is correct, you need to move some mods around to get more speed. With how phoenix functions there's no number too high honestly. I did it with slightly less gear than you just by speeding them up as much as I could and then relying on Zeb and Choppers uniques to just constantly heal me.

And like @snarzenal said, Chopper is the better play than Sabine for this event, but even so it will take some tries and blessing from rng, but you can do it with what you have. Good luck and have fun.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Zerfius wrote: »
    When I get to the last phase, I have Ezra debuff the Stormtrooper, but he just puts his taunt right back up. I use Hera's rez on whoever gets fractured. I do not use any taunts (mostly cause I die too quickly). The furthest I have gotten is killing the Stormtrooper and one DT. I cannot get any further than that.

With Chopper you would be able to dispel more.
    Alwaus use Hera's and Ezra's assist calling to call Seb on DTs.
    Dispel DTs ASAP. Kill DTs first. 1 stormtrooper will probably die from your attacks when he taunts. You can save the last stormtrooper until after Thrawn is dead.

(I assume you already use your best mods on your Phoenix team).

• snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018

• Thanks all. I will move some mods around to get the team as fast as I can. I will post an update later to let you know how it goes for me.
  • I am about to cry I really am..

First I just saw a guy on my shard got 7STAR THRAWN with 65 level all phoenix gear 8!!

Let that sink in!! He was my arena rival but I dropped out because I was saving all for thrawn

I am failing like crazy with 75 level Phoenix with all gear 8+ and Ezra almost Gear 10. I think Kanan is also gear 9

I wasted all my saved crystals on mods I roll with these
    Ezra 4 offense 2 CC
    Zeb 4 potency 2 Defense
    Chopper 4 defense 2 health
    Kanan All health
    Hera all health

All maxed.. Some of the mods are 4 stars but they are still maxed. Every ability is maxed to level 7 and if I am extremly lucky I can kill one Death Trooper...

Honestly I am about to cry . The guy that did is not a huge whale he has decent mods all of them are 4/5 stars. Whatever he got from the shop.

I wasted every saved resource on this crap and if I cant get this to level 70 I am done... My whole plan was
    Thrawn then Emperor then R2/D2 then Luke Skywalker... If I fail at thrawn now that means everything is going down the drain....

https://swgoh.gg/u/toshev/collection/
    they are not updated maybe you can check em later.

I will make a topic when it updates. If anybody can help it will be great
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Toshev wrote: »

You can sign into swgoh.gg and sync your account it will update within 30 minutes.

Whatever happens it's not the end of the world. There might be another thrawn before cls. We seem to be on a cycle two droid events between legendary journeys. You have a week to add pieces of gear or improve mods or whatever.
  • SoViciouz
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Zerfius so I came back to the game about 2ish months ago and I knew right away I wanted Thrawn. I saw youtubers saying it was a lot of RNG and That is right. I think it is more luck honestly. The reason I say use chopper is because you NEED to dispel that buff from the death troopers. It gives them like 100% crit chance and something else. Chopper and Ezra will help do that. Just focus the stormtrooper when his taunt is up, don’t worry about dispelling it. When the stormtrooper isn’t taunting go for death troopers. Then stormtrooper (if not dead already), commanders and thrawn. I think if you get the dispell on death troopers you will end up a lot better. They hurt a lot. Also something I read online and did was to use the protection ups during the phases before thrawn so you go into the battle with full protection. One of my attempts my chopper got one shot by fracture because he wasn’t full protection. Hope this helps! Took me about 5/6 tries to get thrawn g10 Ezra, g9 Hera, g8 for the rest. Took me about 1hr 30mins to go from 0-7star
    Edit:
    Ally code thing: 864-759-253
    Check that out for my mods. I used mostly 5* Health mods. I did notice a difference with better mod levels. I only had health mods becausr I don’t have access to tier 3 of anything else yet
  • SoViciouz
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I think it will be pretty hard for you with the g7 characters. My Ezra was g10 and I had trouble completing it. I have the same plan as you. Emperor after thrawn to help get r2. I might have to find another person to use as well because I’m not sure if my Darth Vader will be 7*. I posted a response in this thread. You can check out some tips that I had for completing the event. You will need luck and RNG on your side. This event is VERY difficult
  • Toshev wrote: »
    I am about to cry I really am..

First I just saw a guy on my shard got 7STAR THRAWN with 65 level all phoenix gear 8!!

Let that sink in!! He was my arena rival but I dropped out because I was saving all for thrawn

I am failing like crazy with 75 level Phoenix with all gear 8+ and Ezra almost Gear 10. I think Kanan is also gear 9

I wasted all my saved crystals on mods I roll with these
    Ezra 4 offense 2 CC
    Zeb 4 potency 2 Defense
    Chopper 4 defense 2 health
    Kanan All health
    Hera all health

All maxed.. Some of the mods are 4 stars but they are still maxed. Every ability is maxed to level 7 and if I am extremly lucky I can kill one Death Trooper...

Honestly I am about to cry . The guy that did is not a huge whale he has decent mods all of them are 4/5 stars. Whatever he got from the shop.

I wasted every saved resource on this **** and if I cant get this to level 70 I am done... My whole plan was
    Thrawn then Emperor then R2/D2 then Luke Skywalker... If I fail at thrawn now that means everything is going down the drain....

https://swgoh.gg/u/toshev/collection/
    they are not updated maybe you can check em later.

Sorry I messed up I think and didn’t quote, read my comments haha

• I cannot believe that after all this time the devs did nothing to this event. Nothing. I simply cannot believe it.
    thrawn event has been around 4 times. I've qualified for 7* since the second.

1st round: tried everyday, tonnes of times. Sabine team. Nothing. Lost him when the event expired. First and only event ever to have this happened: qualified but couldn't complete.

2nd: didn't believe sabine wasn't the answer; built her and the others up still further. Levels 80-84, G8-9. Again fruitless.

3rd (now): finally caved in and diverted to chopper instead. Bankrupted myself boosting ezra yet further. Surprise surprise! It... Also didn't work.

I'm at my wit's end. Short of a zeta which many insisted was not needed, I just don't know what else I need. 3 events, all which I qualified for and then some! Nothing! This isn't a mythic event, it's just a 7* toon! CLS, BB-8 and even R2 weren't like this! Could someone PLEASE look again into the event and tweak it?? Most of the people who were here discussing the event since the first round have already moved on to other things and left the section alone... Yet here I still am.

The one big thing I can't get is the severe RNG change here: ezra has 80% chance to attack twice if not debuffed; the team under kanan has 70% chance to counter. None of these happen at anywhere near this frequency in this event. Coupled with Thrawn & the DTs' tendency to OHKO as they please, plus thrawn's perplexing buff on himself in the beginning of the match instead of the stormtrooper which would have made him taunt early and making my job easier...

... Please can someone help?
  • What's your swgoh.gg account?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Go for the zeta or spend the guts of an hour finding your best mods and moving them to your event team. Either should probably do it in my opinion. Or bring a few others to gear ix.
  • With only one toon g9 and the rest only g8, you need excellent mods with a lot of speed. Either that, or more g9's.
  • I think your gear an abilities are fine. I would try to find some speed (speed arrows, speed secondaries from arena mods) and use Chopper instead of Sabine.
  • Unfortunately the event is very rng dependant. Took me over 100 attempts with g8 and Ezra at g9 with +100 speed on everyone.
  • With only one toon g9 and the rest only g8, you need excellent mods with a lot of speed. Either that, or more g9's.

They've got a G10 Ezra. I didn't notice that Sabine was the only G9. I guess that puts my "use Chopper" suggestion at a wash. His dispel and taunt is pretty useful, though...

• Mhmacleod wrote: »
    I cannot believe that after all this time the devs did nothing to this event. Nothing. I simply cannot believe it.
    thrawn event has been around 4 times. I've qualified for 7* since the second.

1st round: tried everyday, tonnes of times. Sabine team. Nothing. Lost him when the event expired. First and only event ever to have this happened: qualified but couldn't complete.

2nd: didn't believe sabine wasn't the answer; built her and the others up still further. Levels 80-84, G8-9. Again fruitless.

3rd (now): finally caved in and diverted to chopper instead. Bankrupted myself boosting ezra yet further. Surprise surprise! It... Also didn't work.

I'm at my wit's end. Short of a zeta which many insisted was not needed, I just don't know what else I need. 3 events, all which I qualified for and then some! Nothing! This isn't a mythic event, it's just a 7* toon! CLS, BB-8 and even R2 weren't like this! Could someone PLEASE look again into the event and tweak it?? Most of the people who were here discussing the event since the first round have already moved on to other things and left the section alone... Yet here I still am.

The one big thing I can't get is the severe RNG change here: ezra has 80% chance to attack twice if not debuffed; the team under kanan has 70% chance to counter. None of these happen at anywhere near this frequency in this event. Coupled with Thrawn & the DTs' tendency to OHKO as they please, plus thrawn's perplexing buff on himself in the beginning of the match instead of the stormtrooper which would have made him taunt early and making my job easier...

... Please can someone help?

I don’t know if you read my posts (the ones before yours) but I highly recommend chopper. Read above in my posts on my opinions. Took me about 5/6 tries tops with my roster and not maxed mods. I did get lucky the last time and that’s what you need, luck

• SoViciouz wrote: »

I don’t know if you read my posts (the ones before yours) but I highly recommend chopper. Read above in my posts on my opinions. Took me about 5/6 tries tops with my roster and not maxed mods. I did get lucky the last time and that’s what you need, luck

Yes, I did... And I've been hearing about chopper since the beginning, so much so I finally built him up and brought him in today for a spin... And failed just as hard. See my original post.
  • Just saw your replies above. Thanks for chipping in guys appreciate it... I'm reluctant to move mods around as I've never jumped on that bandwagon before and I'm reluctant to do this when I've never needed to elsewhere... But I'll cave in and zeta someone if a credit heist comes along.

Meanwhile, I've been doing some homework on the last stage: there are lots of suspicious things going on here. I slowed down the speed and stared at the damage numbers too. Here's what I observed:
    - the DTs never trigger counters no matter what they do: aoe nor attacks. Even when they double-attack.
    - they also do crit damage of up to 16k. Just one ruins the match, instakill. Wth.
    - Thrawn likes to buff himself in the opening of match... Which does nothing except allow the stormtrooper to restore his taunt later after I've removed it first. Very annoying since I spend half my attempts trying to get ezra in position to remove it quickly, only for him to screw the order up
    - most suspicious: thrawn did his basic on my hera who had just got her protection removed. The damage numbers showed 9+k: instant death. I went back and checked her stats: 16k health. Where is the extra damage coming from??
    SoViciouz wrote: »

Yes, I did... And I've been hearing about chopper since the beginning, so much so I finally built him up and brought him in today for a spin... And failed just as hard. See my original post.

For my squad I had basically the same as yours except with g9 hera. You don’t need zeta. I have 0 zeta characters. Like some people tried 20 times but you can’t just give up. If you have time maybe try getting either zeb/kanan/Hera to g9. You just need RNG/luck to win this one. I dispelled both death troopers (their bonus is crazy op imo). I didn’t bother dispelling stormtrooper after they were dispelled because he is good to take out. While he wasn’t dispelling I was focusing death troopers. I got lucky in that the commanders kept focusing zeb, so I got free stuns. I don’t think it’s worh trying to stun thrawn until everyone else is done, unless you have good potency. Then you could try. I found myself wasting attacks trying to stun thrawn
  • I'd like to see the proof that someone completed the 7* thrawn event with a level 65 Gear 8 Phoenix team. That smells rather fishy to me. Not saying it didn't happen, but prove it. (My 75-80 level PS got destroyed by the 6*)
    Just saw your replies above. Thanks for chipping in guys appreciate it... I'm reluctant to move mods around as I've never jumped on that bandwagon before and I'm reluctant to do this when I've never needed to elsewhere... But I'll cave in and zeta someone if a credit heist comes along.

Meanwhile, I've been doing some homework on the last stage: there are lots of suspicious things going on here. I slowed down the speed and stared at the damage numbers too. Here's what I observed:
    - the DTs never trigger counters no matter what they do: aoe nor attacks. Even when they double-attack.
    - they also do crit damage of up to 16k. Just one ruins the match, instakill. Wth.
    - Thrawn likes to buff himself in the opening of match... Which does nothing except allow the stormtrooper to restore his taunt later after I've removed it first. Very annoying since I spend half my attempts trying to get ezra in position to remove it quickly, only for him to screw the order up
    - most suspicious: thrawn did his basic on my hera who had just got her protection removed. The damage numbers showed 9+k: instant death. I went back and checked her stats: 16k health. Where is the extra damage coming from??

The extra damage is their buff (the target thing) it gives death troopers 100% crit that’s why I like chopper because you can dispel one with chopper and the other with Ezra
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Credit heist is predicted for tomorrow.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Chopper and speed. Gl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Having 2 heroes at gear 7 is your problem . Even at gear 8 you need some great rng . I recommend gear 9 for everyone unless you have hours and hours of time to waste on attempts.