Trying to unlock baze

swgregoriou
323 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hey all,

So I am trying to unlock baze and I wish I had saved shards when he was in the shard store as I ignored him thinking he would be rubbish, but turns out he is really good and one of the top characters to have at 7 star and in the yellow, but I cannot for the life of me get past the stage before the one baze is on (9-C) - Hard.

i have an ally with Kenobi and I really think I would be able to compete 9-b and c at 3 stars with him, but no matter how much I refresh it never offers me the option to use him. It did in the Cantina, but not here. Is there a reason it wont ever let me use him? Or which characters should I be using?atm I am attempting it with:

Lumyinara - 85 Gear Lvl XII
GM Yoda - 85 - Lvl XII
Kit Fisto ^^
Mace Windu - 85 Gear lvl XI
Ahsoka Tano - 85 Gear lvl X

I have tried with commander luke and a few other strong light siders but I get to the last stage and the last few enemies destroy me in the last phase and I barely make a dent in them, but Kenobi is so good as I saw from the Cantina battles.

Any help is appreciated as always

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Your ally has to have used him as leader in light side battles the last time he did light side battles for you have the option of using him in light side battles.

You can go into the new player section of the forum and there is a thread where people lendnout their Kenobi so if you tried there.

I don't know what your roster is but Jedi are not the best option for a ls squad. Perhaps this is holding you back here.
  • Have your ally use baze as a leader on light side battles and he should show up for you. Whoever your ally uses as a leader on a light side battle will be the leader that shows up for his or her allies to borrow. Alternatively, there are lots of looking for allies posts. With all the jedi you are using, maybe a ZQGJ ally would work well, or of course a CLS since he is just phenomenal at everything. You could also ask someone to put in a good zeta r2 as their leader, since he would boost all of your jedi a ton despite not having a leader ability.
  • I remember having trouble with that one. Once you get through it the next 2 or 3 lightside battles are not too bad from memory.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Maybe not a help to you immediately, but a zFinn team can beat any lightside and cantina battle without breaking a sweat.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Can I see your full roster? LS / Cantina aren't too hard.
    When I 3 starred all my cantina& light side nodes: my team was Wedge lead(G8) Biggs(G8) R2(G10) Jyn(G8) Leia (G8)

Wedge, Biggs, Leia didn't even have any meaningful mods. Probably they had 30 speed arrow at best and that was it.
    Of course it took me some days (a week or less) & numerous G12 fast CLS allies with some zetas but I did it.
    Wedge lead + CLS lead is IMO the best combo for Lightside Hard nodes. Against all those AOEs they will all counterattack(CLS lead) & heal (Wedge lead) + gain turnmeter(Wedge lead). Probably that's the team that might help you get through it, with lowest possible gears.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    General Kenobi was not as good as CLS. Both were G12 with decent speed, but the problem is GK's lead is not that amazing as CLS counterattack, especially for battles where you will be hit with a lot of AOEs. Also his taunt won't save your team from AOE attacks.

However for Darkside 9B hard battle, against resistance, a taunting tank (KRU for me) definitely helps a lot. Because enemies don't have any sort of AOE and KRU can take insane anount of hits by himself.

For me, best allies for LS/DS were:
    LS: CLS>Rex>GK>zQGJ
    DS: KRUM>Thrawn>Wampa>zMaul>Nihilus
  • Can I see your full roster?

Hey :)

Thanks for your help.
    My Ally code is : 847-626-148 - https://swgoh.gg/u/swgregoriou/

I struggled with the cantina ones to get three stars on the last 4 or 5 battles and using kenobi made is so easy, but I tend to upgrade jedi/sith over blaster characters

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Can I see your full roster?

Thanks for your help.

I struggled with the cantina ones to get three stars on the last 4 or 5 battles and using kenobi made is so easy, but I tend to upgrade jedi/sith over blaster characters

I some attention to mods would make a big difference

For example kit fitso you have a level one octagon mod and you have 3 mods in a crit damage set but you don't get set bonuses for that set til you get 4 mods.

Similarly for Yoda you have two potency set mods that give you a set bonus and 4 mods that don't give you a set bonus.

Lumi has no set bonuses at all.

Ahsoka has level 1 mods and so does mace.

Given your characters General Kenobi would be your best choice to borrow.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Thanks for your help.

For example kit fitso you have a level one octagon mod and you have 3 mods in a crit damage set but you don't get set bonuses for that set til you get 4 mods.

Similarly for Yoda you have two potency set mods that give you a set bonus and 4 mods that don't give you a set bonus.

I had a feeling mods were something of an issue. For me I am not very good with mods. I simply collect and assign any mod with 5 dots to any character lol but at the moment a lot of my mods for my weaker characters have lvl 1 mods in order to save credits. I have 30 mil but they go so fast as it takes half a mil or so to lvl up each mod to lvl 15 and then loads more to get characters to lvl 85.

I was hoping the gear lvl would be high enough so that the mods would not make much of a difference..

Kenobi it is :)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

Thanks for your help.

I had a feeling mods were something of an issue. For me I am not very good with mods. I simply collect and assign any mod with 5 dots to any character lol but at the moment a lot of my mods for my weaker characters have lvl 1 mods in order to save credits. I have 30 mil but they go so fast as it takes half a mil or so to lvl up each mod to lvl 15 and then loads more to get characters to lvl 85.

I was hoping the gear lvl would be high enough so that the mods would not make much of a difference..

Kenobi it is :)

Swgoh.gg has a great interface to help you figure out what mods you have and what mods are good and where you have issues.
  • Thanks for that. Mods take forever to collect and upgrade, maybe I can re assign some to help. Unlimited everything would be good right about now lol
  • I feel your pain, I never bought any shards when he was in the store, too. I finally 3*'d the node by borrowing a friend's Old Ben and using zeta Qui-Gon as my leader, so I had guaranteed dodges that would give 20% TM and boosted speed from the combination of leader abilities. Even then, I only finished Baze's 7th star a month ago, and I was farming him every day since he entered that node.

I'll say this, though--a friend of mine is 100% free to play (he spent all his money on Marvel Puzzle Quest, lol) and just finished off Baze without even unlocking his node. Instead he just bought Baze shards for crystals any time they showed up in the Shipments and he had enough to do it. So it's 100% possible to get him free if you choose to allocate your crystals to him--although doing that AND farming the node will probably be the least painful way of doing it.

Good luck!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • My Alt account is l83 and 3 starred all the hard node 9 level battles using the following team:
    Finn (z), poe, rey, trooper and baze, I used an ally's JTR (z)

The double zeta lead on all the resistance toons is just insane, exposes as normal with Zinn and a 70% chance on a critical. Makes it super easy

Baze is there as I don't have good speed mods yet, so his taunt saves a toon from the initial salvo
  • For me I am not very good with mods.

You'll get there. Mods are very, very complicated.

I've spent hours reading up and watching videos...but I reckon I'm only just figuring them out!

• Hey all,

So I am trying to unlock baze and I wish I had saved shards when he was in the shard store as I ignored him thinking he would be rubbish, but turns out he is really good and one of the top characters to have at 7 star and in the yellow, but I cannot for the life of me get past the stage before the one baze is on (9-C) - Hard.

i have an ally with Kenobi and I really think I would be able to compete 9-b and c at 3 stars with him, but no matter how much I refresh it never offers me the option to use him. It did in the Cantina, but not here. Is there a reason it wont ever let me use him? Or which characters should I be using?atm I am attempting it with:

Lumyinara - 85 Gear Lvl XII
    GM Yoda - 85 - Lvl XII
    Kit Fisto ^^
    Mace Windu - 85 Gear lvl XI
    Ahsoka Tano - 85 Gear lvl X

I have tried with commander luke and a few other strong light siders but I get to the last stage and the last few enemies destroy me in the last phase and I barely make a dent in them, but Kenobi is so good as I saw from the Cantina battles.

Any help is appreciated as always

It's refreshing to see a profile that is based on being a fan of the characters rather then min-maxed for optimal gain. I absolutely love that you have a g12 Kit Fisto. I have a g11 Ahsoka, and g12 Ventress, Fulcrum & Thrawn because I'm a huge fan of the characters, though it doesn't hurt that they are mostly excellent in game as well.

That being said, it's absolutely not going to be easy to get through that node with Jedi. Start by watching a mod tutorial on YouTube, then strip every single mod off your characters and start from scratch with your newfound knowledge. It shouldn't cost more then 100k for the whole process(don't destroy them, pay the credits!)

Bad news: If you want to continue maining a Jedi squad you need more damage. I see you've been working Ezra, he hits like a Mack truck and pretty much has to get into the squad. Kanan is a solid Jedi tank once Ezra is in the team, and can hold you on defense until you unlock General Kenobi. Old Ben is also a really good tank, and could be used as well.

Worse news: I don't really see Jedi teams in high ranks of arena, and haven't in a long time; but I can't recall ever seeing one that wasn't led by QGJ. Maybe there was a GK-Zarriss Jedi squad, but I don't think so.

So remod, continue working Ezra and a tank, and borrow a zeta QGJ.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I never bought any shards when he was in the store, too. I finally 3*'d the node by borrowing a friend's Old Ben and using zeta Qui-Gon as my leader, so I had guaranteed dodges that would give 20% TM and boosted speed from the combination of leader abilities. Even then, I only finished Baze's 7th star a month ago, and I was farming him every day since he entered that node.

I'll say this, though--a friend of mine is 100% free to play (he spent all his money on Marvel Puzzle Quest, lol) and just finished off Baze without even unlocking his node. Instead he just bought Baze shards for crystals any time they showed up in the Shipments and he had enough to do it. So it's 100% possible to get him free if you choose to allocate your crystals to him--although doing that AND farming the node will probably be the least painful way of doing it.

Good luck!

I remember there being other characters and going for them, i forget who though, but I tried with old ben, commander luke, qui-gon, ima-gun di, and a few others including finn, today and I always get slaughtered at the final stage.

I did notice someone mentioned that baze would appear in the store and I check the store maybe 6-8 times a day (sometimes more), and he never, ever appears for me in the store... when you use the find function it even says he will be in that store and he never is, otherwise I probably would have used that method and then used him to complete the stages lol

I would not mind paying out money for the game as its good and its nice to support the devs especially as the game is free to download, but it would take thousands of pounds to really make a difference in characters/mods..etc
    My Alt account is l83 and 3 starred all the hard node 9 level battles using the following team:
    Finn (z), poe, rey, trooper and baze, I used an ally's JTR (z)

The double zeta lead on all the resistance toons is just insane, exposes as normal with Zinn and a 70% chance on a critical. Makes it super easy

Baze is there as I don't have good speed mods yet, so his taunt saves a toon from the initial salvo

I tried with Finn today and it did make a huge difference. I got further than I had previously with other borrowed characters. My hope is if I can manage to borrow Kenobi as he seems to be really good and then go on a mod tutorial and get some decent mods lol

I have been up against characters with zetas and the only way I can kill them is by using Nihilus.

I've spent hours reading up and watching videos...but I reckon I'm only just figuring them out!

I think I will end up doing that. I thought they were easy but all that I thought I knew was wrong lol

I think I will end up doing that. I thought they were easy but all that I thought I knew was wrong lol

Really complicated mate...really...like "not much fun" complicated...but you will get there :)

• They're not complicated, it's just that the interface and management tools we're given are terrible.
  • They're not complicated, it's just that the interface and management tools we're given are terrible.

I find them complicated.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Thanks for your help.

You should borrow ZQGJ(or ima gun di ) instead of cls imo because your Jedi is well developed. The only problem is see is the lead combo won't be as good as wedge+cls. counter+heal+10%tm gain+30% offense up. or as jedi rey+ z finn
    Or you could use your rebels. your wiggs and leia are ready. R2 is fine at 5* just gear him to g9 and jyn is very squishy so get her to 7*g8 or use old ben. but dont use his taunt
  • other allies that might work are zeta barriss (unique maxed), old ben, anakin, (hermit yoda),Gk

I find them complicated.

I do also. I think the first lesson I have learnt is that just because it has 5 dots it does not make it good and not to stick any mod anywhere it fits :P but I am going to save 15k crystals, buy one of each mod pack and try add only the gold ones to every character and use tutorials to see which mods are better on which characters, and in the meantime level up more characters gear and so on..

Thanks for your help.

You should borrow ZQGJ(or ima gun di ) instead of cls imo because your Jedi is well developed. The only problem is see is the lead combo won't be as good as wedge+cls. counter+heal+10%tm gain+30% offense up. or as jedi rey+ z finn
    Or you could use your rebels. your wiggs and leia are ready. R2 is fine at 5* just gear him to g9 and jyn is very squishy so get her to 7*g8 or use old ben. but dont use his taunt

I always concentrated on the gear lvl instead of mods or anything else, so my main goal is to get every character into the yellow but I always tried to upgrade Jedi and sith because of the force powers and light sabres lol . I was never a fan of blaster characters and it seems in this game they are the better ones to upgrade, like Finn, or Baze especially and Chirrut which I have enough shards to get loads of them to 7 stars and training droids to get a few characters from lvl 1 to 85, but it costs more credits than I have to upgrade them all.

I am trying to uprgrade wiggs and leia even more as they are good characters. i thought they would be killed in seconds on 9-b/c

My Jyn is bad but I am working on her and R2 is not at 7 stars yet as all the events have character requirements that of characters I upgrade last :/

Dont suppose you have a good Kenobi I can borrow to try it with?:)
  • 18 more to unlock hermit yoda. I am hoping he is better than original yoda like ahsoka falc is better than young ahsoka
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    They're not complicated, it's just that the interface and management tools we're given are terrible.

I find them complicated.

I do also. I think the first lesson I have learnt is that just because it has 5 dots it does not make it good and not to stick any mod anywhere it fits :P but I am going to save 15k crystals, buy one of each mod pack and try add only the gold ones to every character and use tutorials to see which mods are better on which characters, and in the meantime level up more characters gear and so on..

Thanks for your help.

I always concentrated on the gear lvl instead of mods or anything else, so my main goal is to get every character into the yellow but I always tried to upgrade Jedi and sith because of the force powers and light sabres lol . I was never a fan of blaster characters and it seems in this game they are the better ones to upgrade, like Finn, or Baze especially and Chirrut which I have enough shards to get loads of them to 7 stars and training droids to get a few characters from lvl 1 to 85, but it costs more credits than I have to upgrade them all.

I am trying to uprgrade wiggs and leia even more as they are good characters. i thought they would be killed in seconds on 9-b/c

My Jyn is bad but I am working on her and R2 is not at 7 stars yet as all the events have character requirements that of characters I upgrade last :/

Dont suppose you have a good Kenobi I can borrow to try it with?:)

Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on