Why does it seem that everyone thinks FOST is so hard to farm?

I have been farming the FO group for a awhile now and I'm finding that FOTP is far harder farm than FOST or FOO, I mean the trooper has 2x 12 energy and a 20 energy hard nodes vs Pilot who only has the 2x 16 energy nodes. And officer is in cantina store. So not sure why people claim he's the hardest FO farm.

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Pilot is in the fleet store.

Better example would be anyone with a single hard node.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yes but that was only a recent addition to the fleet store when they revamped the store
  • back when launched happenes he was now hes in ship shioments makes it much easier. when game launches id see him doing damage and double tap but easliy murked due to no stars .
  • NightfallsCurse
    537 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    FOST and FOTP are definitely a hassle to farm. For me, it was always because I have gone up against plenty of FO teams in arena and easily dispatched them, so they did not seem worth investing the energy into farming two generic characters for a sub-par team. On top of that, the Mod Challenge that FO is associated with was not a very prominent one either, so I just didn't feel it was worth bothering with.

Then BB8 rolled around and suddenly FO was a thing. Well, I had both of those generic guys (FOTP, FOST) at around 22/25 shards at that time and have been farming them daily since it was announced that FO was required. I finished up FOTP a couple weeks ago and FOST about two days ago. They aren't THAT difficult to farm, but I still feel they're certainly more difficult than is warranted for what they bring to the table. FOTP in fleet store is a blessing to all, they should put FOST somewhere similar.
  • It’s not hard to farm, it’s easy to farm. It’s just not fast. Slow and difficult are two different things. He is a slow, easy farm. All it takes is patience. Just like farming the Falcon.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    It’s not hard to farm, it’s easy to farm. It’s just not fast. Slow and difficult are two different things. He is a slow, easy farm. All it takes is patience. Just like farming the Falcon.

If something is slow, it becomes frustrating, which in turn makes it difficult, right?

Sure, it's not physically demanding to click "Sim" on a fairly easy to beat node, but having the patience to spend energy on the same node day in, day out, all for a subpar character that's part of a mostly subpar group isn't the easiest thing to make oneself go through for a lot of people.
  • gordonjones
    115 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I don’t think it’s that FOST is hard to farm, just can’t get that excited about such a long farm. Especially at this point, I’ll just wait for the KRU and FOSFTF to become farmable and catch the BB8 event on its second or third time around. Since I won’t likely even be able to get FOST to 7* by the new Jedi Rey event, no point in trying to panic farm him now along with the Veterans. Now if they put FOST in Cantina or Fleet Shipments or Guild Shop, then I probably would start panic farming which would make me much more likely to panic farm and pay some money to get the Veterans topped off at 7* (all speculation on the Rey event of course).
  • The drop rate for shards on FOST and FOTP is just abjectly terrible.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    If something is slow, it becomes frustrating, which in turn makes it difficult, right?

Wrong. Difficult and frustrating are separate words with different meanings.

They are not synonymous. Difficulty requires effort and thought to overcome. Frustrating merely requires patience.

• You are right. FOST being a hard farm is a little overated.

Jyn Erso. Now that's am annoying farm.
  • caldera wrote: »
    The drop rate for shards on FOST and FOTP is just abjectly terrible.

The drop rate on every character is the same.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • They're *expensive* to farm quickly. Hard node only for FOST, 240 energy required with no refreshes. FOTP has the recent fleet store addition which helps but takes away from zeta purchases.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    You are right. FOST being a hard farm is a little overated.

Really? Guild store farms are probably the easiest because currency is plentiful. Granted you are relying on RNG for the right toon to show up but I've never had a problem with any of the toons I've farmed out of there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They're *expensive* to farm quickly.

I think that’s the key part. I farmed the Stormtrooper over a span of a couple months and barely noticed it. That was two nodes at 3x per day back then, too.

I did it then because I wanted to, not because I was under the gun for an event.

The moral of the story, I say, is to pick two character that are hard node only and do them every day until you finish and move onto a new pair.
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    They're *expensive* to farm quickly.

I think that’s the key part. I farmed the Stormtrooper over a span of a couple months and barely noticed it. That was two nodes at 3x per day back then, too.

I did it then because I wanted to, not because I was under the gun for an event.

The moral of the story, I say, is to pick two character that are hard node only and do them every day until you finish and move onto a new pair.

Yeah, I think it's that farming that many hard nodes a day means you have less energy for gear. Certainly FOST is a much quicker farm than Baze, Shore, Krennic, or Lobot.
  • When I was farming fost and fotp i finished fost first with a good gap. So I’d have to agree with you. I’m pretty sure you used to be able to get fost in bronziums too.
  • That was one of those I cherry picked to farm now and again since start - it was about a year before I had them 7* - that they would be needed eventually was obvious.

Some things are intentionally 'a pain' to prompt people to spend crystals to make it 'less of a pain' - those, and others with a single hard node - just need to be hit every day or so and just let it ride out, or pay to have it sooner.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Currently further along on Storm than Pilot or Officer. But all are 6* at least.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    They're *expensive* to farm quickly.

Yeah, I think it's that farming that many hard nodes a day means you have less energy for gear. Certainly FOST is a much quicker farm than Baze, Shore, Krennic, or Lobot.

Surprisingly, Lobot’s an easier farm. He only has two nodes, but shows up in Bronzium packs. I unlocked him from a pack a month into playing, thought it’d be funny to 7* him so I farmed both nodes (16 energy) for two months, then got the last ~20 shards from another bronzium pull.

Those two pulls were sheer luck, but FOST isn’t in them at all.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    FOST is not so hard to farm. 3 weeks for now and 80 shards. Not bad. Try to farm Deathtrooper or Shoretrooper.
  • My alt account is 50 shard away from a 7* FOTP. Never farmed the hard node. Hard nodes just take the longest is all.
  • You darn kids!!! Way back in my youth I farmed FOST and FOTP both to 7 star on a single node each with only 3 attempts per day! We didn't have those fancy 5 attempts per day or fotp in some sorta fleet shop. Now get off my lawn!
  • Pesky kids....

Why I oughta....(shakes fist furiously)
  • You darn kids!!! Way back in my youth I farmed FOST and FOTP both to 7 star on a single node each with only 3 attempts per day! We didn't have those fancy 5 attempts per day or fotp in some sorta fleet shop. Now get off my lawn!

This with Hoth Rebel Soldier long before he was useful.... Farmed off a single node at 3 attempts per day and he sat collecting dust at 7* for almost a year....
  • Cassius97 wrote: »
    You are right. FOST being a hard farm is a little overated.

Not really. Guild store....
  • Guild store is tougher now that's what it's so diverse. It used to be only a few characters, and the gear really wasn't worth it. I got jyn pretty quickly then. Since the update, the only character I've farmed is jawa engineer, just to 5* for crit damage mods. Otherwise, it's been all gear. So in that regard, I can feel the pain.