Bounty Hunters in Territory War and Battles

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Plus, I wonder how hard G12 Cad Bane hits. The boss Cad Bane in one of the daily challenges knows how to hit..
  • Options
    Plus, I wonder how hard G12 Cad Bane hits. The boss Cad Bane in one of the daily challenges knows how to hit..

I wonder if anyone with a G12 Cad Bane is out there (there must be some who frequent the forums), genuinely curious about this as well.

In the lore Cad Bane is a total bad@$$, here he is just bad. If Greedo wasn't equally **** he'd hardly see play...
  • Options
    Hey! (Were you in some NZ guild some time ago with me?)

I totally agree, I beefed up my Bounty Hunters beyond reason (G12 for Boba and the droid, G11 for Zam, my best potency mods on all of them) for Territory Battles (with some success there, the last battle won by the narrowest of margins), and tried using them in Territory Wars. Once. Not anymore, they were abysmal there, I can't see a single team they would have a chance against.

I wrote this other thread about it, and they definitely need some rework. Like Zam need to get access to these bombs even behind a taunt or stealthed. Or the bombs need to blow up when cleansed, and of course Cad and Greedo need to get something at all.

It's also sad that the second most "potent" of them (IG-88) has actually no synergy at all with the others.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it's not that i don't want a BH rework, but if you can't clear the special mission in phase 5 with g12 bounty hunters, you're probably doing something wrong.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Modulous
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm not convinced that a team of G12 Bounty Hunters can clear the rebels in section 5. Two of mine are G12, two are G10 & one G9. They killed zero rebels in the final wave.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Modulous wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that a team of G12 Bounty Hunters can clear the rebels in section 5. Two of mine are G12, two are G10 & one G9. They killed zero rebels in the final wave.

May i ask why on earth you used your BH team in a combat mission instead of the special mission in phase 5?
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    it's not that i don't want a BH rework, but if you can't clear the special mission in phase 5 with g12 bounty hunters, you're probably doing something wrong.

I did clear the special mission with only Greedo down, but I was lucky that good participation in platoons ensured I had no (or diminished) airstrike, and I had the boost of the Star Destroyer in wave 2. I probably also had a favorable selection of enemies. I can totally see IG-88 G12 being shred to pieces in a single AoE by counters, and Zam not being able to blow up a single (or more than one) bomb, at which point you might get in real trouble.

That should do it though, unless extremely bad luck. I had Boba & IG-88 G12, Zam G11, Greedo G9 and Cad G8. All with as much potency (and speed on Boba/Zam) I could get from mods (no mod swap though).
  • Options

Edit: Found an official comment that it's a cleansable taunt. Like a debuff taunt.

Where did you find this?
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nygreenguy wrote: »
    Where did you find this?

Here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/868616#Comment_868616
    Hiya!
    This may look like a bug, but functionally it works. It's a cleansable taunt, like a debuff taunt.
    Think of it like "I'm forcing this character to taunt" and their allies can cleanse it like any other debuff.
  • Options

May i ask why on earth you used your BH team in a combat mission instead of the special mission in phase 5?

The special mission in P5 is two waves of Rebels. Second wave includes Wiggs. I have Boba G12, IG88 and Cad G11, Greedo and Zam G9 and I managed to take out both Biggs and Wedge but couldn’t get through the four no names.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

The special mission in P5 is two waves of Rebels. Second wave includes Wiggs. I have Boba G12, IG88 and Cad G11, Greedo and Zam G9 and I managed to take out both Biggs and Wedge but couldn’t get through the four no names.

Not sure why you quoted me?
    It's probably wise to take out the guy on the far left first though.
  • Options
    Bounty Hunters are bad, and the core of their faction gameplay is bad. Only Boba is any good, and even he has dropped out of the top ten (hell, maybe even the top twenty). Add to that the fact that thermal detonators are terrible because they take too long to go off (giving plenty of time to cleanse), and don't do nearly enough damage to be worth the investment.
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »

I did clear the special mission with only Greedo down, but I was lucky that good participation in platoons ensured I had no (or diminished) airstrike, and I had the boost of the Star Destroyer in wave 2. I probably also had a favorable selection of enemies. I can totally see IG-88 G12 being shred to pieces in a single AoE by counters, and Zam not being able to blow up a single (or more than one) bomb, at which point you might get in real trouble.

That should do it though, unless extremely bad luck. I had Boba & IG-88 G12, Zam G11, Greedo G9 and Cad G8. All with as much potency (and speed on Boba/Zam) I could get from mods (no mod swap though).

Yeah Tiggus, it's me, I've since moved onto a bigger guild, how're you doing? Looking for a new guild?

I was able to clear that Special Mission this time without any BH dying, but I think it's very RNG dependent.

Well, I cleared it this time, but in the DSTB before this one, with the same mods and gear levels, the BHs got trounced. Obviously there is an RNG element, but I think their poor abilities/kit is more of a problem. I think I've talked about this is previous replies.

I tried using them on offense in TW too. Full G12 BH team vs a Gear 11 old Empire team with Zader, Palpy, Shoretrooper (2 others I forget)... couldn't even get past their protection, all BH died... and please don't tell me I don't know what I'm doing, check my collection, and I'm usually top 3 during arena payout LOL
  • Options
    Add to that the fact that thermal detonators are terrible because they take too long to go off (giving plenty of time to cleanse), and don't do nearly enough damage to be worth the investment.

It's not that thermals take to long to detonate(which they do), that makes them bad; it's that BHs' whole gimmick relies on 2 characters to make "work". Boba's lead and Zam blasting thermals for TM, but she has to burn a turn to get them out, only 1 other BH can apply them, and there's a dozen different ways to disrupt them. Once something goes wrong, BH are usually too weak to recover.

Things that ruin BHs's day: any taunt, stealth, foresight, Zam missing a single shot, Tenacity Up, a cleanse, any BH dying, Retribution, really anyone that can counter attack, Daze, Stun, Ability Block on Zam or Greedo, Plague, ect ect ect.

Any halfway decent team does like 3-4 of those things, DSTB rebels have have 8 or 9 covered.
  • Options
    Add to that the fact that thermal detonators are terrible because they take too long to go off (giving plenty of time to cleanse), and don't do nearly enough damage to be worth the investment.

It's not that thermals take to long to detonate(which they do), that makes them bad; it's that BHs' whole gimmick relies on 2 characters to make "work". Boba's lead and Zam blasting thermals for TM, but she has to burn a turn to get them out, only 1 other BH can apply them, and there's a dozen different ways to disrupt them. Once something goes wrong, BH are usually too weak to recover.

Things that ruin BHs's day: any taunt, stealth, foresight, Zam missing a single shot, Tenacity Up, a cleanse, any BH dying, Retribution, really anyone that can counter attack, Daze, Stun, Ability Block on Zam or Greedo, Plague, ect ect ect.

Any halfway decent team does like 3-4 of those things, DSTB rebels have have 8 or 9 covered.

In total agreement. I think it would be easier to rework their entire kits and also how Thermal Detonators themselves work entirely (rebuild them from the ground up). I don’t know how they would deal with Ability mats already spent though (I wouldn’t mind refunding of them so we can reallocate them as we like). Obviously fixing them might not need to be something so drastic, but it’d be easier IMHO.
  • Options

Add to that list any team that does decent damage (will one-shot any of them), that heals too much (ends in a draw), and there you go: Bounty Hunters is the perfect match against Tusken, and maybe a Mace Windu-led team of Jedi including Eeth Koth, Plo Koon and the Cauliflower-head dude.
  • Options

Add to that list any team that does decent damage (will one-shot any of them), that heals too much (ends in a draw), and there you go: Bounty Hunters is the perfect match against Tusken, and maybe a Mace Windu-led team of Jedi including Eeth Koth, Plo Koon and the Cauliflower-head dude.

Hahaha any day now, the Tusken meta is coming!
  • Options

• Options
    On a related note, I will try my BHs on attack in TW tonight, hope I don't need to pick on some garbo g8 team to get a win with them
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

CamaroAMF wrote: »

??
  • Options
    Anyone try using them this past Territory War?
  • Options

DrPaedan wrote: »

Hahaha any day now, the Tusken meta is coming!

Don’t make fun of my tuskens!

Don't blame me if you are annoyed at me - blame yourself for even looking at me. You pessimist!