Nerf DSTB

Alright, here goes:

LSTB to DSTB difficulty is akin to hPit to hAAT difficulty. One is substantially harder to beat, requires more coordination etc etc.

Add that to the fact that MOST PEOPLE HAVE DIVERSE AND READY LS TEAMS due to the various LS metas/antimetas (CLS, Resistance, R1, Phoenix, wiggsdo, etc) and are generally able to tackle a TB with a wipe-the-floor special (meaning a defensive team like Phoenix just has to stall out until strafing run!), less anti-LS enemies and generally well tuned difficulty.

Is Phase 6 LSTB difficult? Yes. Is it doable with good modding? Yes.

Now let's look at the dumpster fire called DSTB.

DSTB has enemies who essentially COUNTER EVERY DECENT DS TOON by having ridiculous heals, cleansing, protection regeneration, taunt/counter, and the AoE wipe-the-floor ability we had in LSTB. In DSTB, you must bring multiple Ability Block characters AND STUNNERS in every team just to stop strafing run (the alternative is to buy 50 P2W ships per guild).

DSTB is exponentially more difficult because:
(a) BOUNTY HUNTERS is a required faction, and BH is absolutely useless. Compared to R1 or Phoenix (the 2 factions required in LSTB) they are ridiculously underwhelming and useless.

(b) most players have a better LS roster than DS roster. By rolling out DSTB, you are effectively cutting everyone's GET supply.

(c) For LSTB, the ROLO mission is doable with wiggsdo and g6 CHS/HRS. For DSTB, the IPD mission is barely doable for near max teams.

(d) DSTB is such a mess that even DSTB PLATOONS are exponentially harder to fill.

Please, either get rid of this absolute nonsense or fix the platoons, difficulty, strafing run etc etc.

Replies

• No.
    If it frustrates you, either strategize or don't do it. I find DS TB one of the most challenging game modes, making me read unit descriptions carefully and focus me on developing my DS squad.
    It's very well balanced. Last time I just got over 60 waves, this time I did 76 waves. How? By learning from my mistakes and experimenting with my teams.
    I used zaul lead in all phases last time, this time I found that EP lead might be better in later phases for sith. Same for thrawn and Zader lead.
    These rebels are a pain, focus on stunning the pilots or reduce their tm to prevent those awful cleanses can make you survive a wave.
    Use boa's DFA to ability block the lot to prevent hem using strafing run.
    Utilize asajj her stacking health and offense since you fight 6 enemies per wave, paired with Daka you get the extra attack bonuses without perma losing own units. Throwing phasma and FOO in their to make asajj go more often.
    All DS toons have their utility and sometimes synergy is found outside factions.
    It's fun to uncover such surprises.

And oh yeah, in case you're wondering I have over 2.5M GP and only asajj and Daka are gear 12, so I have lots of room for improvement getting those last 4/4.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    i agree with BH being pretty useless and that i wish the IPD mission was bit easier, simply because as F2P player it gonna take me months before i will be able to get both imperial troopers and BH to G11/12 to be able to do them and sucks not to deliver for my guild, P2W platoons sucks hard. We could only finish 2 fleet platoons in phase 6, because new FO ships and not a single characters platoons, because of NS zombie, ghost, MT, Wampa and FO executioner. But i think overall difficulty of battles are not that bad.

Reason why everyone have so much stronger LS teams than DS is not just because they were bit more meta, but because most of people were on hard LS farm for like past 5 months, in 3-4 months of farm you will be able to make good 3+ teams to be able to get through it.
  • I don't think it's fair to nerf DS TB based on this player's experience given the player has next to zero DS toons built up well.

https://swgoh.gg/u/anzgc-flyingfalcon/collection/

Of his top 30 units based on GP he's got 3 DS characters in there - that's a 90% roster skew toward LS units!!!

Thrawn and EP are g7 and g8. I don't see how the OP in good conscious can ask for a nerf on content he's incredibly ill-prepared for.

Player has an agenda:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1349403/#Comment_1349403

Rains on anyone's parade for DS events / toons etc. every chance he can get.

The OP has had almost 3 months now to make adjustments to his DS, but refuses to do so:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1306324/#Comment_1306324

Instead, his efforts have all gone to complaining on the forum and hoping for a free handout / pass for DS units and makes threads to remove DS TB or not do it at all:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145318/lets-just-have-ls-tb-for-the-moment-until-devs-figure-out-how-to-make-ds-tb-doable#latest

Hopefully feedback from this player is ignored because he has none of any value to provide given he has virtually ignored DS characters.

Now I do think platoons for DS TB needs adjusted - there's some things to tweak for sure - the Imperial platoon spam where you have so many TFP / Tarkin / DK / DT, etc. repeated in platoons is cheating IMO...make the content hard on its own merits, not just because you take all the best DS toons in platoons. Spam the Geos in platoons sometimes than.
  • PoederAmon wrote: »
    No.
    If it frustrates you, either strategize or don't do it. I find DS TB one of the most challenging game modes, making me read unit descriptions carefully and focus me on developing my DS squad.
    It's very well balanced. Last time I just got over 60 waves, this time I did 76 waves. How? By learning from my mistakes and experimenting with my teams.
    I used zaul lead in all phases last time, this time I found that EP lead might be better in later phases for sith. Same for thrawn and Zader lead.
    These rebels are a pain, focus on stunning the pilots or reduce their tm to prevent those awful cleanses can make you survive a wave.
    Use boa's DFA to ability block the lot to prevent hem using strafing run.
    Utilize asajj her stacking health and offense since you fight 6 enemies per wave, paired with Daka you get the extra attack bonuses without perma losing own units. Throwing phasma and FOO in their to make asajj go more often.
    All DS toons have their utility and sometimes synergy is found outside factions.
    It's fun to uncover such surprises.

And oh yeah, in case you're wondering I have over 2.5M GP and only asajj and Daka are gear 12, so I have lots of room for improvement getting those last 4/4.

It's not balanced. Most people aren't enjoying it. Battles in phase 5/6 are pointless. Platoons are a joke.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Riegorn wrote: »
    i agree with BH being pretty useless and that i wish the IPD mission was bit easier, simply because as F2P player it gonna take me months before i will be able to get both imperial troopers and BH to G11/12 to be able to do them and sucks not to deliver for my guild, P2W platoons sucks hard. We could only finish 2 fleet platoons in phase 6, because new FO ships and not a single characters platoons, because of NS zombie, ghost, MT, Wampa and FO executioner. But i think overall difficulty of battles are not that bad.

Reason why everyone have so much stronger LS teams than DS is not just because they were bit more meta, but because most of people were on hard LS farm for like past 5 months, in 3-4 months of farm you will be able to make good 3+ teams to be able to get through it.

BH totally should have been reworked prior to the DS TB. I was shocked when they weren't. It's such a terrible group. Overall I am / was very disappointed by how the Devs have punted on DS TB. Rebels got a full faction rework prior to the LS TB, and DS gets nothing despite being worse off in general and then they make us use the terrible BH faction. If they're going to spam Imperials in platoons...then make some of the other factions a bit better with reworks!

Vader in particular not getting a unique / zeta rework for DS TB blows my mind. The devs punted on DS TB. Enjoy using the DS characters and the challenge is fun, but I have mixed emotions because it feels rigged and is just more LS bias.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    missed 2 waves total (and an entire fleet mission in p3). Pretty much the same as with LS TB. Players just like to whine.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    missed 2 waves total (and an entire fleet mission in p3). Pretty much the same as with LS TB. Players just like to whine.

Wow. Good stuff. You have a pretty balanced roster relative to many though and have taken time to work on DS since DS TB started.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »

Wow. Good stuff. You have a pretty balanced roster relative to many though and have taken time to work on DS since DS TB started.

It's almost as if that was the whole point of the game. :wink:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    thanks guys for making my shameless bragg look like i actually made a valid point ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

And you like to slobber all over this game every chance you get. YOU HAVE 2.5 million gp! Who cares what your experience is, Mr. Whale?