Want to create a Youtube channel, any suggestions about language?

Carn
52 posts Member
Hiya folks

I am thinking a long time now about creating a youtube channel and now i want to do it.
The only problem i got is to decide on the language of those videos.

I live in germany, my english spoken english isnt that good but i think i can also do it in english.
Would really like to make the videos in both languages but i think thats not possible at youtube.
Or could one upload the video 2 times, 1 in german, 1 in english?

Another thought was putting subtitles in there, but would you guys really watch a german video with english subtitles?

Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
Carn

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    For what it's worth, I think you would get a better start with an English-language channel.

Depending on the content, you could do a double in German, but it may not be necessary to do them all twice.

Also in every video you could offer it to be in German or even post a synopsis in German.
  • I’d go latin
  • Carn
    52 posts Member
    The question is, if it would be ok for subscribers to have 2 videos uploaded each time. Or if it would be too annoying.
  • 100% do both.

Example, top ten zeta for January in English, then exact same video in German. That would be great.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Carn wrote: »
    The question is, if it would be ok for subscribers to have 2 videos uploaded each time. Or if it would be too annoying.

No, i dont see anyone having an issue with that at all. As an example if you posted on the Forum you could simply place both videos in the same post.

Multilingual posts are not allowed outside of the Recruiting section, but a dual video with both languages would be ok.