Is there now any point in having ship battles in TW?

John_Matrix1985
2276 posts Member
edited January 2018
Just putting it out there. You can only set 1 team defensively per person leaving 3 for offence. Even if the opposition has 50 chimaera on defence there should be no worries in using 2-3 teams per person to run through it.

If they swapped it to more ground combat it might make TW more challenging tactically

Replies

• Put 50 meta teams on defence and you won't clear them, they prob won't clear you. They actually add a dynamic to the defence strategy we use, and so far it hasn't failed us.
  • My guild set a strong enough ship defense the other guild couldn’t get through.
  • TW is just a waste of time. Stupid concept, stupid execution, eve worst matchmaking. Every post about it is deleted or censored Its EA for ya!
  • TW is just a waste of time. **** concept, **** execution, eve worst matchmaking. Every post about it is deleted or censored Its EA for ya!
    Grow up. Work out a tactic and enjoy the free rewards even if you lose.
    TW is great fun. I don't care what anyone says. It's great. If you put a trash defence you can suffer a loss or a draw, which is a loss anyway.
  • sying wrote: »
    My guild set a strong enough ship defense the other guild couldn’t get through.

Likewise. Our winning/losing is often solely relied upon ships and not letting them get through while having enough to get through them.
  • I guess your also ignoring the fact that a good amount of people don’t have chimera. Plus I think ships can be a big difference maker and have not had all of our ships cleared often.
  • Totally fine with ships being part of TW. The limited nodes at least shows the Devs acknowledgment that we can only field 3 fleets for either Def or Off.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We have had ships hold once.

Later when ships get the love they so desperately need, yes.